Monday, May 8, 2023

A Beautiful May Weekend!

 Sunday morning was special!
Our best friends, Billy and Brenda were already seated the all the Bells when we arrived (late) to slip into the seats they had saved for us.

Louis Dean could not find his wallet so we lost a good bit of time looking for it and had to go ahead and leave. I have tiles for his wallet, two sets of keys and a shave kit.
NO dinging when I pressed the locator button for the wallet.
The last time we knew he had it with him was at Jesse's apartment last Sunday - so I assumed he had left it there.


Just look how these Bells have grown!!!
Trystan is going to be taller than I very soon!

It's wonderful to go to church as a family and with friends who are like family.
We lingered long in the hallway talking and catching up.
Billy and Brenda are avid hockey fans so they could talk the talk with all these hockey players!
The kids were impressed to know that Brenda got out on the ice and shot goals and won a trip to the playoffs back in the day.
Forgive me if I did not say that in real hockey language.
Shot Goals??


We brought Kailey and Logan home with us - dropped Granddad off at home and we shopped Aldi for Sunday lunch things.


Banana splits for dessert!
First time the girls had one.

It was a short afternoon as we headed out to Farmers Branch to watch Mike play a game!


He was my favorite Swamp Donkey a few years ago and now he's my favorite Warhawk!


They won the game and it was fun to watch him on the ice.
Not only is he a great player - he is an EXCELLENT coach for the girls' team.
Mike is truly a man among men and I could not be more proud of him and of Amber!


They make a good team!

I have been extremely low energy this Monday and have spent more time in bed than I have up and about.


I did make cookies - butterscotch chip - as I have doctor appointments tomorrow.
I am glad to have these to give away as I would eat them myself!
I don't normally eat what I bake but I do love butterscotch!


This is my laptop and I love looking at all the stickers on it!
My son Jesse decorates his so I decided to do mine, too.

I was excited to put lots of new stickers on here this afternoon from my friend, Jacquelyn!
Thank you so much!

I'll close tonight's journal entry with this sweet photo of Sabrina and Rayne.


They had such a good time on their vacation in D.C.
Now they are all flying back to Puerto Rico for a few weeks and we will see them later this summer!

It seems so much later than 8:30 but I am more than ready to call it a day and just go to bed!!





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rayne and all the quads just floor me with their growing spirts! My goodness it seems they were just babies!

Your cookies sound scrumptious. I love butterscotch, too.
Have a lovely week, lovely girl! You're aging backwards, I believe! 😘

Love ya, Trudy🤗

Ginny Hartzler said...

The quads are growing up so beautifully! Did you ever find the wallet?

Assess said...

Thank you for the tips on how to put beautiful comments. Nowadays a lot of my comments get deleted for no reason. Now I understand building good-quality comments.Leather wallet

MadSnapper said...

Hope the wallet is found by now and that there is nothing in it that can cause problems if it is missing. dealing with lost cards/license etc is really hard and expensive.
agree with the other comments about your grandchildren and their seeming spurts of growth. never ceases to amaze me to see them so grown up and as tall as you. the five of you make Louis Dean look like a giant Glad Summer is spending some time in Puerto Rico

Linda Chapman said...

I firgot to write about Kailey finding his wallet! She walked around everywhere with the tile beeper thing!
Louis Dean had got wet the other day working on the water hoses and hung his overalls up on a nail outside to dry!
Why did we not think to look out there??? Kailey did!

Deanna Rabe said...

I saw some of Summer's photos of the DC trip and it looks like they had a great time!

You did have a good weekend. Our bodies know what we need, and if it is rest then go with it!

Glad you found LD Wallet!

photowannabe said...

FAMILY there is nothing like it!
Yours is so dear and loving. I'm glad you had a terrific weekend and that the wayward wallet was found. Things like that make me crazy.
Hope you get your rest and get that energy back. Maybe your body is saying take a break..Ranch is in your future.
Sue

Debbie said...

oooooh the quads are so big, so beautiful!! and am i going to be the first to tell you tristen IS taller than you!!

hockey seems to run in everyone's blood and your amber is gorgeous, you as well!!

Wanda said...

Sunday's are such special days. Love the pictures of your family at church and can't believe how tall all the quads are. And the girls so adorable and what a tall and handsome young man!!
Love the girls in the aprons. So cute.
Amber is so beautiful, love those dimples. What a great family they have.

Take time for yourself, sweet Linda....get all the rest you need!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such a full and lovely weekend! How wonderful to have those lively quads to spend time with and to keep you young! Did you ever find the wallet? Been praying. I hope you are feeling better by now. I've been rather tired myself, and it must be the season or something!! Sometimes our bodies just need a 'break'. Please do take care of yourself. You are such an amazing woman, but even Wonder Woman had to rest now and then!!! God bless you dear friend.

Vee said...

Yay, Kailey! Good thinking and good sleuthing! What a relief.

I can't believe how tall they are all getting. They'll zip on by you (if they haven't already) soon. Now to see who gets as tall as Granddad.

As for going to bed early...I'm all for it. Some days are those kind of days.

Donna said...

Your "Bells" are indeed a growing and beautiful group!
Sorry LD lost his wallet...hope you manage to locate it!
hugs
Donna

Arlene G said...

Loved seeing all the young grands. They are really growing up and while every nana wants those children to grow and learn, it is a bittersweet time as you remember them as babies. Hope you find that wallet....great idea to have the tile on it. We are headed to Grimmwood next week, preparing for the estate sale at my mother's house. Please pray that it will go well. I think all us sisters will rest easier once it is over. Love your laptop...so cute and festive.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read the update on the found wallet as i had wondered about that as well, Linda. yes, the grands are growing up so fast as they all seem to do, but we are NOT getting older (right?) I have never decorated any of my computers, or phones, but yours dos have sweet reminders of places and people. Hope you are feeling better soon, perhaps a few days of resting up and reading?

BeachGypsy said...

I like your stickers too!---fun! Great pictures of all....and my goodness those kids are growing up so fast!! I like butterscotch too...my Grandma used to make butterscotch pies with stacks of mile high meringue on top, lightly browned. Goodness, those were good. Hope your week is going great! Hugs