Friday, May 12, 2023

Where my Tuesday Treasures Live and Other News.....

Tuesdays are special to me and have been for many many years.

Tuesday was my 'Art Day' from the late 1970's to - what??  Maybe 2011?
Once the grand quads were expected, Life changed.
For years Ruth Ann and I would shop a thrift store or two or three, grab a quick lunch and take in a movie at the Starplex for $0.50!!! Then we would meet back up at 7:00 for art.

Debbie, Millie, Brenda, Mary, Marie, Louise, Kimmy, June, Sabrina, Sherry and so many other ladies have sat around my art table in the dining room and painted over the years.
We always started with a word of prayer and asked God to bless the work of iur hands,
Someone would bring a snack or I would have baked up something and we would have iced tea in the warm months and cups of Cappuccino in the winter - topped with whipped cream and sprinkled woth nutmeg and cinnamon.

Ladies came and went over the years and at the end it was just Sabrina and Ruth Ann. 

Sabrina moved to Puerto Rico and Ruth Ann moved to Breckenridge and I would paint mostly when I was at the ranch.

Then Brenda and I turned our monthly lunch dates into weekly thrifting days with a visit over tea at the end.

And that's what we did on Tuesday this week!
I had an appointment with Dr. Bloom at 10:45 so we met up at Texas Thrift in South Irving.
We did find a few treasures!
It is seldom we come up empty handed!


We were close to Brenda's home so she prepared lunch for us and it's always a treat to visit with her! Alas, I did not take any photos except of the food!!

I went on to another appointment - this time my eye doctor.
I am floored by what glasses cost these days!
I will have two new pair - using a frame from 2021 and a new frame - and it still cost $1,373!!!
I did indeed need new prescriptions and lost a 'line' in the eye test.
Also have an artistic cataract forming that will need to be taken care of in the next year or two.

Still.....I am grateful for good medical care and for insurance - though I wish I had some dental and eye coverage - but I'm thankful for what I DO have!

I got home just in time to pick Louis Dean up and head to Amber's!
We rode with her to the girls' hockey game. 


Louis Dean was in a hurry and forgot and left his jacket in our car.
No worries!
We wrapped him up in a big cover I had and then Amber added one of her Dallas Stars throws on top of that!

After the game, we went back to the Bells and had a great dinner of street tacos and watched the Dallas Stars game! SO exciting and, while I planned to leave after the second period, Louis Dean insisted we stay to the end!
And they WON!!! 6-3!!

Back to my Tuesday Treasures on Wednesday!
I always take off the tags and get photos before putting things away where they will 'live.'
Today I will show you where they ended up!


The banner was in a package of two so I got one and Brenda the other - then we swapped the extra and both got two!


My best find was this quality yellow quilt!
Just perfect for the glider in the gazebo!

 

I love this rack to hang over a door - but since I did not have one available - the gazebo railing works!




I'm a sucker for signs!!


This one lives in the gazebo, too.
I just discovered I can hang things on the rails!


Like this clever nail art!


The Give Thanks pillow was also a Tuesday Treasure.


$3 for this runner that is just perfect for the dining room.


And another $3 for this one I am using in the living room.


Exactly what this table needed!!


To lighten the weight of my purse, I have not been using a wallet.


This one is lightweight and more convenient than sorting through a bag of cards and such!


We end most of our days here at home in the gazebo!
Louis Dean calls it our 'Boston Legal Moment.'


Wednesday morning when I woke up - Louis Dean was already back out in the gazebo!
As summer approaches, we will enjoy the early mornings and late nights only - but for now it's a good place to take tea breaks throughout the day.


I would like to brag on my son Jesse!
He is an excellent cook and a thrifty shopper.
His kids know they will be served a tasty filling meal anytime they go to see him!

I am loving being a mother to my grown up children!

Thursday was an errand day with a visit to the post office, the drugstore for Rx pick up, filling the car with gasoline and shopping for boxed wine - because that's the kind Louis Dean likes best!
Who KNEW it would be hard to find??
We bought one box of Chillable Red at Sam's and then went to Walmart where he found one box of Chardonnay - with the cardboard damaged - and one box of white zinfandel. 
Missing is Crisp White and Refreshing White.
He likes to mix a couple of these together.

We went BACK to the Bells and rode with Amber and Mike to school to see the kids perform in their spring ensemble.


I didn't get many pictures but it was a fun program and the last one for the Bell Grands as they close out 5th grade!! Guess who this is with Granddad???


Our Bell Grands will soon be 11 years old!



What a blessing they have been to us and what great parents they have!!!



Then it was BACK to the Bells for another great dinner - this time pulled pork sandwiches, seasoned corn and BBQ beans!

We all eagerly gathered around the TV to watch the Stars play Seattle again.
Who KNEW we would be such hockey fans???


Amber and Mike took us to a Stars game for our Christmas present and I think we are really hooked now!


I don't know as much about hockey as I do football - but I learn more and more with every game!

In other news.....Summer, Rayne and Sabrina are all in Puerto Rico after and amazing vacation in Washington, D.C.


I am loving the pictures on Facebook from PR!!


It is a paradise!
I have not been there but I hope to go someday.


Rayne is amazing with any and all critters!
Her specialty is dogs and horses and she does a ton of community work on their behalf.


They will all be returning to Arkansas in time for Horse Camp at Bar-J Ranch in June.


This is the newest sign I put in the gazebo today.
I like the addition of LEARN and LINGER!

Louis Dean is already out there and I think he may have dozed off in his comfy chair.
I put potatoes in to bake while 'writing my words' and will toss up a good salad to go with them.
That and a glass of wine should complete our evening.

I changed out my closet from fall/winter to spring/summer this afternoon.
Changing seasons is always exciting.

I think we will be leaving home in good stead tomorrow as we head to the ranch for a couple of weeks.
It's been 31 days since we've been there and I am so looking forward to BEING there and for more than a week!!!!












12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

My glasses used to cost way over $500.00. And that was for one pair! But we joined Costco and the savings on glasses is amazing! We only pay about $125.00 for both lenses and frames! I love your leopard runner! I have two different bike pics on our kitchen wall, the exact color as yours! They are not nail art though. The yellow throw fits in well with your bee theme, and it looks very expensive!

Donna said...

My eyesight isn't the best either. I Again need a new Rx. I love all your thrift finds...especially the quilt! Pretty...
Hope you enjoy a wonderful Mother's Day!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

same with me 2 months ago, lost a line in the eye check up. nearly passed out at the price. the quads are so beautiful/handsome and love the family photos. Summer looks so happy and it does look so pretty there. Tuesday treasures of course were a win once again. glad the gazebo is back... I can tell LD is happy it is in use again...

Vee said...

Such a beautiful family photo of the Bells. The kids are growing so fast.

Thanks to Louis Dean for that song. It's a favorite of mine.

Happy times at the ranch!

Wanda said...

It took me a while to get through your wonderful post, but I didn't want to miss a word. You share your life so clearly, that I think all of us blog friends live it right along with you.

Love your Trift store goodies, and how you have used them and shown us. Gives me new ideas! Your food always looks delicious.

I will post about it later, but we sure have a similar visit with the eye doctor.

Sending love and hugs.

photowannabe said...

You definitely "belong" at the ranch. Enjoy every minute.
Your treasures are so perfect for you and that yellow quilt is lovely.
Glad your family is close by enough that you can eat together and go to the kids activities. That's the best.
Wish Louis Dean could serenade me like that...LOVE IT !!!
Sue

Donna said...

Agree, Costco is the BEST place to get glasses! I get my bifocals with all the bells & whistles for around $279.00 Luckily my insurance reimburses me, but you can't beat that. Not to mention I love the optometrist there, who has all the newest equipment.

Deanna Rabe said...

Now that the cataracts have been removed from both of my eyes, I only need readers which are not expensive!

I love to hear LD sing.

Lots of hockey fun with the Bells! I’m glad you get to go to games and share fun times together!

Enjoy the country!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I remember $0.50 movies. What a long, long time ago that was. A far cry from what they cost today.
Love the picture of you and LD with the quadruplets.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, eyewear is costly even with discount shopping and reusing older frames. Maybe once you have the cataract surgery yiu can get by with reading glasses. Most folks have several pairs all around the home in a purse and travel bag. Congrats to the Bell grands on finishing 5th grade. Summer and all looked happy on their travels. Great thrift store finds once again too.

Anonymous said...

What a really lovely post, dear Linda! Loved it all. You are really living the Life! ❤🤗 love, Trudy

Brenda said...

Country Roads take me home...WV where I belong...born and raised there but have lived 31 different homes. You would flip if you could see my minimalist condo...I don't like things...lol...love your blog. One of about three I still read. You are an amazing person.