Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Tabitha is Snookered Yet Again......and we and the Kitties are Home!

 The last thing we do at night is put the kitties in their kennels.
Samantha is the easy one. She has been known to put herself in the kennel at home.


Tabitha is a challenge.
She seems to know when that magic moment is coming and she hides. 
Where we can't get to her!
Except Louis Dean has a way of snookering her out!
It my be a toy or  treat or a distraction. That's his job! Get Tabitha.


And once he does, she always hides her face as if she is ashamed that she was snookered yet again!


He always says, "Take a picture of this, Linda!"
And he laughs!


That's the moment Tabitha raises her head up and looks at Louis Dean in disbelief!
"He LAUGHED at me!"


Then he hugs her to him and snuggles a minute or two before she willingly goes in her kennel.
With never a peep from either of them until we are unzipping them from the carriers the next morning.


Today they stood at the screen door while one of their litter siblings strolled by.
There was a bit of hissing from both sides of the screen.
They may not remember that they are related.
These are pampered house cats and the other siblings on the ranch are work cats.
There's a place in this world for both!


I do so love that little face!

We packed up and came home today.
It was a short trip this time.
It seems we are always a little late getting off.
It was 2:30 when we left the ranch and we stopped in Waco at Sams to do some shopping.
I was buying up the ingredients for Texas Trash!
That is on my agenda for this Saturday.
What with shopping, stopping for fuel, and getting Subway sandwiches......
it was dark when we got home tonight.
But Louis Dean did a great job of driving and getting us here.
It takes both of us to drive - no matter which one of us is behind the wheel.

Within an hour of pulling in the driveway, we were unloaded and put to rights.
I lit a firelog in the den fireplace and we sat for a few minutes before he went in to take a long, hot, soaking bath.
We will rendezvous back by the fireplace as soon as I finish tonight's journal entry.

I have some news.....
an update on Lillian.....she is doing very well.
She's had a cough which has made her throat hurt but she's still had no fever.
They seem to be taking care of her. She gets cough syrup a few times  day.
She may be getting more medicine than she knows. 
I talked to her on the way home and she sounded good and was in a cheerful mood.
Praise God and thank you all for your prayers.
She said she received a few more cards today including the Christmas card from me.
For some reason she has had a better attitude the last few days even though she has the Covid-19 virus.

Other news.....our brother, Lonnie, is in the hospital.
NO Covid for him but he is in ICU in serious condition.
His sodium levels are dangerously low as well as his oxygen levels.
He will be there for awhile as they must raise the sodium levels slowly.
We learned this when Mother was hospitalized with this same thing.

It seems that so many of us have extra concerns during this Christmas Season.
My Finland friend, Jutta, has health concerns in her family. This Covid thing has affected the entire world. Here in Texas and there where you are. We are all in this together and I am grateful for the circle of prayers that connect us....and gives us encouragement....and comfort....and hope.




Nothing proves that you love someone more than mentioning them in your prayers.

And please add Harper to your prayers tonight.
She fell and hit her head knocking her unconscious.
She's been in the ER for a couple of hours......she's just a little girl and her parents are so scared.

And have I told you lately how much I love each and every one of you reading these words?  Well, I'm telling you now.....




15 comments:

Arlene G said...

I love LD's laugh...makes me want to laugh as well. Glad you are home. I need to get the ingredients for some of my Christmas treats as well. So sorry to hear about Lonnie...hope he is on the mend soon. You are right, many are struggling these days. I am always glad to be able to pray for those who need a touch from the Lord.

Kathy said...

Life is always exciting for you. Glad you got home safely. I try to not drive in the dark either except around the neighborhood. And even that only if I have to.

Good news about Lillian. But not so good for others. Will be praying for Harper and Lonnie. So many others hurting with this terrible pandemic.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my, I am so sorry about Lonnie. And I do not remember you telling us that Lillian has covid! I am glad she is not depressed. Maybe now that she has it and is doing well, she does not worry about catching it anymore! The Tabitha and Louis dean pictures are priceless!!! They are adorable. Seems that she and Louis Dean are special friends.

Vee said...

Many prayers winging to heaven for Lonnie, Lillian, and Harper. Good to know that Lillian is doing well...probably the extra attention is boosting her spirits. No wonder Harper's parents are scared...this happened to me with Laurel once and I was plenty scared. And prayers for your dear brother Lonnie to respond well to treatment and to feel ever so much better.

My brother-in-law made some mix and it had a Texas kick to it. ๐Ÿ˜

The kitties are darlings and I am very glad that they bring so much joy to the family.

Brenda said...

Prayers...vaccine come...if people would mask and isolate...one governor equated it to don’t go out without a mask...stay home and protect the ones you know and don’t...it did not have to be so horrible but is...love your Santa’s. My address until my 31st move is 940 wild indigo lane apt 303 Indy Indiana 46227 if u are still sending Santa cards...I just want to see my grands in Florida and here....I have not been in a store to shop since March...prayers for Lillian and your brother...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll be sure and add these to my prayers. I know prayers work and appreciate it when others pray for me. We really do encourage and support each other. I might have mentioned you in my post today...maybe just maybe! You are spreading joy around the world with your beautiful cards this year! Holiday hugs to you both!

Changes in the wind said...

The picture of LD and Tabitha were just precious! Sorry to hear about your brother and hope he gets better soon. Glad you made it home safe and sound. The power of prayer is something we will never truly understand but so grateful for.

MadSnapper said...

Beau loves it when we laugh at him, which we do many times a day. I love the photos of Louis Dean and his kittie... makes me feel good to see them together. glad to hear Lillian is doing OK..

Cheapchick said...

I hope Lonnie gets better and gets out, so hard to be in the hospital right now. Glad Lillian is not feeling the terrible effects of Covid. Hugs.

Debbie said...

beautiful linda, what a wonderful smile that ld has!! the cats are adorable, i am not surprised that they respond well to ld!! i did not know about lillian, i am sending her warm thoughts and hugs, hoping she will be ok!! i don't know if it is too late for a christmas card, but i would really love to receive one. i will email you my address, if i am too late don't worry about it!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Tell Louis Dean I appreciated his laugh. We need more of that these days and you are right prayers are the best. Praying for all your requests. It's really the only option left to us sometimes and the best one too.

Carole said...

Wishing Lonnie a speedy recovery. Great news re Lillian - maybe now she has it she isn't so worried about catching it??? Please look after yourselves. Cheers

Beth said...

Praying for Lonnie, Harper and Lillian.

BeachGypsy said...

Hey Linda, any news on Lonnie? Hoping for the best and that he's better and released real soon! Glad Lilian is doing ok. Glad y'all got home safely too. Those little kitties!!--gosh they are both adorable but lil Tabitha SURE TAKES THE CAKE hiding her lil face like that!! It's totally embarrassment at being caught, right??! LOL They are little stinkers sometimes. We have one cat here now, Beckie. We had two, but I lost my Smokey about 2 years ago...I miss him so. Let us know if little Harper is ok too ok? Hugs!!

Deanna Rabe said...

Praying about many things my friend, including your loved ones! Good news about Lillian!