Friday, October 30, 2020

Fireplace, Kittens and Redeeming Decks......Louis Dean is my Hero!

I love the meandering through these golden days of October.


It's been cool enough in the mornings to have a fire in the den as we do our Bible and out loud reading.
Samantha and Tabitha both enjoyed looking into the flames and sat there for long periods of time.


They are both still wearing their cones and I am thinking I will take them off on Sunday and see how they do. I pile up their food in the owl to make it easier for them to eat.
Both kittens have been running and playing some but nothing like they normally do.
We allow them the run of the house throughout the day so they can wander around and find cozy spots to rest.


I picked up a few pecans this afternoon and I'm not sure how many more we will be getting.
The trees were trimmed this spring and the umbrells is pretty high so I can't see if there are many left up there. I spent an hour or so pulling up Boltonia asteroides.....
When I looked it up, it doesn't say anything about it being an invasive weed....but I have found it to be so. I was walking the neighborhood a couple of years ago and this 'weed' had completely taken over a yard! I prefer grass!
 I didn't get it all but I will finish the job tomorrow.


Louis Dean has finished the upper gate deck and it looks so good!!
The decks have needed to be replaced for at least a year and a half.


The storage bin up on this deck is mine and holds painting supplies, garden tools and cushions for the chairs.


I Love 'redeeming' something and this pond area is all cleaned up and I strung up fresh LED lights.


We will be in the market for some new lawn furniture out here next year.


The view from inside the kitchen French doors.
I just love it!!


Now for the reality shot!
There's another deck to do!
The wood was really rotted out on this one. 
It will take longer to do since Louis Dean will be putting in another sump pump there.


He truly is my HERO!!!!
While I was making him a big Frito Pie for supper....
he was soaking in a tub of super hot water laced with Skin So Soft bath oil.

He ate and watched a little news before calling it a day and going to bed.
I gave the kittens their last pill tonight and they are down for the count.
I stayed up to write my journal entry and now I am going to find something to watch on Amazon Prime while I sew on the birthday quilt for Louis Dean.


I sleep under one every night made by my friend, Sharilyn.
Do YOU sleep under a quilt??





13 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

That guy is amazing! I hope he gets plenty of rest, and that you and the kitties do, too!

MadSnapper said...

The last time I slept under a quilt was in 1959 when we lived in Kentucky quilts are too hot for the South. We have a really lightweight blanket if it gets a little cool. I love that picture of him sitting on the deck that is a Priceless and perfect image of him and it's so him! It looks like you are ready for winter and enjoying your autumn

Changes in the wind said...

The deck looks wonderful land am sure the second one will too once he has it finished. Am sure the kittens will be happy to lose the cones but important that not lick till things are more healed. The pond is pretty through your glass doors and of course the lights brighten it all up.

Arlene G said...

LD should be your hero Linda. That man works circles around men half his age. I am enjoying the cooler weather as I like to cozy up with a book and a blanket on a cool evening. I will say I am not looking forward to the early darkness that comes this week.

Stacy said...

Your garden looks so inviting! I do love a water feature. Louis Dean is an amazing blessing! I can't get over how he just goes, goes, GOES! Aw, poor kitties. I hope they perk up when the cones of shame come off. That's what we always called them. LOL I could sleep under a store-bought quilt, but I don't use the homemade ones I have. Two of them are kind of on the fragile side and the third is made of scraps of corduroy clothes that my grandmother cut up...it weighs a ton and I don't like it on me to sleep. Have a Happy Halloween!

Vee said...

No, I sleep under a comforter. My mother made me a quilt, which I display in the upstairs bedroom. I sleep downstairs these days. Have fun creating Louis Dean's birthday gift. He is so going to love it after waiting so long. 😁

Outside is looking so fine. Louis Dean does good work. And you do, too.

A blessed weekend to you both.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda - I love your yard - especially your pond. We had a pond at our house in AZ, but it never did look as good as yours. Louis Dean is doing such a great job on the deck. Your kittens are so cute. Have a very happy Halloween!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

sh my I had no idea there was another desk to do. hope the good weather lasts until it's all done.if ounce like is must be all around your house. Hope you enjoy halloween and have fun!

Tina said...

I love, love, love the view of your pond out the french doors! That is such a beautiful thing to wake up to every morning. I do sleep under a quilt that my husband's aunt made for us. It is one of our most prized possessions! The kitty with a cone looking at the flames in the fireplace is so cute. Hope you and LD have a wonderful weekend!

photowannabe said...

Oh, I don't blame you for loving that view out the French doors.
It's so beautiful and inviting. Kudos to LD for all of his HARD work. He amazes me.
You have the best "castle" around.
Sue

Bev said...

Your yard looks lovely!!!... LD is amazing....he tires me out though just thinking of all he does!!..But then you are amazing too!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The past few days we have been sleeping under the softest fleece comforter, which we bought last week the day after the first snow here. I was looking for a new duvet cover, and there were none, but then we found these fleece comforter instead. Kudos to Louis Dean on that deck work, he is truly amazing! Glad the kitties are doing well and bet they will be glad to have those cones too. How wonderful to have a fire.

Carla said...

I tell ya I don't know how Louis Dean does it. I think the work must keep him young. Those kittens are so cute. Can't wait to see your quilt for Louis Dean.