Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Celebrating September First 2020!

I woke up celebrating today!!
Louis Dean was still asleep so  I slipped quietly out of the bedroom and turned the coffee on.


 I had a little prayer time while the coffee made and then I poured my cup and clicked on the stereo.


It never gets old.
Those first few notes and I am in my happy place.
I have been playing Neil Diamond singing September Morn for well over 35 years.
It was released in 1979 and I was slow to hear it....but by 1983 I was hooked.


While he sang, I baked.
I baked the entire bag of fruitcake cookie dough!


Then I made pumpkin muffins!
I had my goodie bags filled for friends and neighbors....
with a small jar of our honey.


It has been such a happy day!
I chose this shirt to wear and I will be wearing all the others in my collection over the next several weeks!


This is Kimmy and she came by to pick up September goodies for her and her mom, June.
Tabitha surprised me!
She turned into a cuddly lap cat right in front of my eyes!
But only for Kimmy!

Summer arrived late this afternoon and will be staying here for the entire month!
Her hand surgery is on 9/11.


The weather has been THE perfect September First gift!
Gone are the triple digits and a more comfortable forecast is in store for the next 10 days at least.
Rain is nearly always a GOOD thing and we had some this evening.

I made a pork roast for this September dinner.....with potatoes, onion, garlic, baby carrots, a sweet potato, a hatch chili, and a patty pan squash. We had cranberry sauce and brioche dinner rolls and wine. A perfect feast for this perfect day!


Louis Dean was our after dinner entertainment tonight!


He was doing an expressive reading for us!


Summer and I along with Sabrina and Rayne on FaceTime were his audience.


He was mainly reading this for Rayne!!

This has been such a wonderful September First....
Everything I wished it to be and I have enjoyed every single minute!


Last year the first fell on a Sunday and I had all my children and all my grandchildren together.
Rayne by way of FaceTime.....and how grateful we are for FaceTime!
I actually visited today with a lady who has become a dear friend by way of FaceTime.
She is in Utah and I am in Texas but we are connected in friendship.

I am going to bed with a heart full of gratitude for my life...my family...my friends....my home.

Summer is here and before I go to bed tonight, I will be packing my suitcase!
She and I are going to drive down to the coast for a little beach trip.
Never mind that it may rain the whole time.
It probably won't but even if it does - we will still be on the beach having a ball!

I hope you all had a great first day of September!!



14 comments:

Wanda said...

Well your first day of celebration was a wonderful success! Loved the pictures, the sights, the smells and the love that was everywhere.

Ginny Hartzler said...

And what a wonderful feast you cooked to celebrate the day! Happy fall! I hope you have a wonderful beach visit with Summer, and that the weather will be perfect!

Kathy said...

I always look forward to your September 1st post. No matter what you are doing, I know you are having a great time. I hope you and Summer enjoy the beach.

Bluebird49 said...

That sounds like the perfect fall meal. I'm so glad you had a happy day. Who knew Tabitha was a cuddler!

Hootin Anni said...

I was wondering if you got any of the rain up north! Always enjoy your Neil Diamond Sept. posts....your meal and happy stance enlightened me bunches!! And my favorite is of L D reading. Your smiles are always a treasure. Enjoy your time on the beach!

Susie said...

Linda, I thought of you yesterday . I am so glad you had a great day. I have seen lots of rain there in Texas on the weather maps. Be safe. I loved LD reading. I miss the days when we could have all the children and grands around us. Blessings to you and all of your oved ones. Please tell everyone hello for me. Hug Summer. xoxo,love, Susie

Arlene G said...

Happy September 1st Linda ....blessings to you in your special month.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a busy day you had and how nice to make those September goodie bags for everyone! I love that picture of all of you last September 1. Nice to be going on a beach trip. Lucky girls, be safe and enjoy !

Changes in the wind said...

Can't even imagine waking up and start baking!!It must be your love of fall. Sweet goodie bags:) Hope you and Summer have a wonderful time on your little trip.

Chatty Crone said...

I love going in to September - it means cooler weather ahead.
Love Neil Diamond too - he is getting old too.
Love your pictures.
sandie

MadSnapper said...

Who is being has a knack for reading. So happy with your first day of September went so well and that you got to do all of your things that you always do and now you have your happy September place where. Prayers for summer surgery! I know everyone's going to love all those baked goods

Vee said...

A perfect day! And sounds like a wonderful time away with Summer at the beach.

photowannabe said...

I absolutely loved everything about this post...
What a September Morn you have had.
I bet your home smelled so good...I can hardly stand it.
Love the photos of LD reading...he's a True Gem.
Enjoy your special time with Summer. Away times, rain or shine are the very best.
Sue

Carole said...

Have a lovely beach trip. Cheers