Thursday, September 3, 2020

Mother/Daughter Beach Trip!! Day #1

There was a flurry of activity last night after I posted my journal entry for September First!
I was throwing things in a suitcase for my beach trip with Summer and packing up some snacks to eat while we are gone. I keep a toiletries bag all packed and ready and my make up is in a bag I can just pick up and take with me. So clothes, beach wear, shoes and sandals were all I had to pack.
I bought a brand new nightgown with a beach theme pattern for our trip and new beach towels for each of us. I saw them on sale and recognized them as the same ones Amber and her girls have - so I grabbed two of them for this trip!
I also packed my prayer book, country diary, book I was currently reading and a new one to start.
We originally thought we would be up at 3:00 AM but opted to set our alarm for 4:00 instead.
Funny but I woke up at 3:00 - I was so excited - and finally got up at 3:45. We were pulling out of the driveway at 4:30! And RAIN! You talk about RAIN!
It poured down and then let up and poured down again all the way to Huntsville!
Summer is a great driver and handled it well. I could not see at all so I was no help.
I'm not used to being up that early.....so I took a nap!


Our first stop was Buccee's. A new one - closer than the one in Madisonville.
I look all bright eyed and bushy tailed since I had just woke up!

Second stop was the Cracker Barrel - and they have CHRISTMAS out already!
I found some clearance treasures at 70% off!!

Third - and last stop - was HEB in Lake Jackson.


We bought lunch things and I found a Victoria magazine and a nice bottle of New Zealand wine.


We drove onto the beach at Surfside Beach before 1:00!


It didn't take us long to put up the umbrella and the sun tent, our chairs and ice chest and we were in business! We always get a Limeade Slushy at Sonic and it usually lasts us all afternoon.


This is kind of a trip/gift for me to celebrate my birthday with Summer.
She decided to give me my gifts on the beach!
I loved them all!!! 
Tomorrow I will say more about them.
I am humbled that both my daughters want to spend time with me.
I truly treasure our times together.

There's only 15 years difference in my and Summer's ages.
That makes our relationship even more special.


We ate a salad lunch on the beach and I had a couple of those Hatch Chili Sweet Lime cookies for dessert and they are seriously GOOD!


We stayed until after dark.
We napped, read, walked the beach and Summer picked up a bag of trash - she always leaves a place better than she found it!

It was not crowded and we kept plenty of distance between us and the others out there.

The sun set and the lights of some of the establisments came on before we started packing up our things.


We are staying in the Marriott Courtyard in Lake Jackson.
It's very nice and quite safe.

After our much needed showers, Summer fixed us a delicous dinner.....


Shrimp cocktail.....


and a guacamole with lots of cilantra!

Beach Day #1 was wonderful and we have two more before be head back home!







16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It all sounds just PERFECT!!!

Bluebird49 said...

It all sounds wonderful! Time with our children is always special to moms. Can't wait to hear what special gifts you got.
Meanwhile, Louis Dean is in charge of the kitchen! Hmmm. Will he cook hamburgers...cinnamon buns...let's see, what's something sticky...
OH HONEY! :)

photowannabe said...

What a delicious weekend you two are going to have. Day #1 is in the books and it sounds delightful. Those cookies sound so good. I have never heard of them before.
I sure would love a day at the beach..enjoy for me...
Sue

Arlene G said...

Well except for getting up so early, I would have loved to tag along.lol Since Marvin retired we are both night owls and late risers for the first time in our lives.:) So glad you are getting some time of refreshment with Summer.

Kathy said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Wish I could get to the beach. Corona ruined it for us this year. Have fun and I can't wait to see what Day 2 brings.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so happy for you! That's a trip I would love to make...time on the beach! HAVE FUN!

MadSnapper said...

Gorgeous Beach and it's my kind of beach because I don't see any people but the two of you I love deserted beaches and that is one beautiful beach. So is that a beautiful room day one was perfect and I'm sure that today is day two is perfect two

Vee said...

Oh sweet perfection! What a great day! (Summer picking up the beach made me grin. Of course, she would do that. She's just like that.) Happy beach days to you ⛱

Changes in the wind said...

What a great day!! I must confess I have never spent a whole a day on the beach with a book or a friend.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for the beach picture today. It is my favorite place to be. Nice you could have such a great birthday treat with your daughter ! It looks wonderful. Glad the weather was nicer by the time you got to the beach. Rest, relax and enjoy!

terre said...

this cali girl is jealous of your time there at the beach...and to be able to drive ON the beach -- thats incredible. i am so thankful to hear that summer feels up to doing this stuff. i take that to mean she is feeling so much better. God is good!

Wanda said...

Is there anything better than spending time with a daughter. What a perfect day at the beach! Summer looks great, and you darling. I want to see your new nightgown. All you fun food and goodies make me drool. Love you and Summer and all the fun you are having!!!! Love and Hugs.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Birthday 🎂 Wishes sent to you Linda. What a lovely getaway for you and Summer with shopping, beach time, and great food. That shrimp looked really good!

Carole said...

Fabulous. We are enjoying keeping an eye on the US Open - great tennis. Cheers

Saimi said...

Happy Birthday!!! A girls trip, how divine and on the beach makes it all the more heavenly!! So happy for you!

Deanna Rabe said...

What a perfect beach day! I hope you have great weather all the days there and enjoy being together, which I know you do!