Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Warm and Cozy - Two of my Favorite Words

It's still warm in Texas but it's cozy inside the Chapman home.
It's been two more 'home' days here - my favorite kind.


Yesterday seemed to be all about food!!
I made hearty BLTs for our lunches.
Two for Louis Dean - he ate one and the other he saved in the fridge for his middle of the night snack - and one each for Summer and myself. I used thick smoked bacon and they were delicious.
I butchered them up cutting them in half so I left Summer's whole.


I really enjoyed our late afternoon snack.
Dean (my step son ) taught me how to boil perfect hard boiled eggs.
Put them in a pan of salted water, bring to a boil, turn the burner off and let them sit.
Perfect yellow and white with no shadow of gray around the yolks.
A mound of cottage cheese with sea salt bagel chips and dried okra.
I used the crunchy bits to sprinkle over the cottage cheese.
SO good!!!

I didn't take pictures but I used some of the leftover steak from Monay night to make Philly Beef Sandwiches and the rest of it to make BBQ.....one small crockpot of each.
Then I made a big potato salad!
I love having food ready to eat.

This morning was cooler than it has been. 
How I long for chilly weather.
The low will be in the 60's the next few nights so I went ahead and put my favorite set of flannel sheets on our bed this morning!


I have had to re think the floor decorations in the foyer!
However, once I pulled out the ones I had and threw a soft garland of fall leaves in there, I didn't see any reason not to let the kittens enjoy playing with them.


Tabitha has really been warming up to me lately!


As a matter of fact, she has pretty much hung out with me all day long.
Rain came in this afternoon and I opened the bedroom door to listen to it.
She had so much fun looking out at it.
I decided it was perfect sleeping weather so I slid between those comfy flannel sheets and took a nice nap - with Tabitha sleeping right beside me.
Ah.....it's the little things that give us so much pleasure.

You know, I can spend all day just doing this and that.
Empty the dishwasher, change out the laundry, pick up the dishes Lois Dean leaves behind, empty the wastebaskets, wipe down the bathrooms, do one thing and then another all live long day.
Maintenance. Takes up so much time!


I did half the den last week and I finally finished it tonight.
I worked on it some last night and was glad to finally vacuumn and call it done!


I'm looking forward to some good fall meals.
Stew for a chilly night, roasts, chili.....real stick to your ribs meals.


I brought this lamp in from the gazebo and wonder why I haven't used one here before now.


It would be perfect to have a fire in the fireplace - except the AC is still on.
So I lit several candles instead.


This is such a comfortable room.
It's been a favorite for a long time.
Once upon a time, it just felt awkward.
Sometimes it takes awhile for a room to come together.


The two tall pieces with the closet between balance out nicely.
Can you see the closet?
My friend, Vee, commented once that she would not recognize it as a door since it has paintings on it.
I have five small size paintings done on canvas board and stapled to the door.
Then I have two large puzzles that I used Modge Podge on and stapled those to the door.


This is the cute old feller I bought at the Goodwill on our beach trip.
Not sure if he's a Santa or not....


But he makes a cute western old timer!


Dean and Sherry called to visit with a phone chat tonight.
They have had 10 inches of rain!!
Needless to say, our car port is not up yet!
Before the rain, Sherry checked on the hives and moved a few frames from the Gangbuster hive to the two weaker ones.
Notice her handsome assistant??
He did good!!



11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your house looks so nice! And no I really can't find the door! Even after enlarging the photo and reading your direcions! I like how you decorated your lamp!

Kathy said...

That is just how I make my eggs. They turn out good every time. Your house looks so nice.

MadSnapper said...

About the handsome assistant beekeeper! Before I even read that I thought there aren't many people can look handsome wearing a white suit like that. He truly does look really good in that suit. And I do think that is a Santa I think it's a country Santa and I love it I noticed it in the basket when you were shopping on vacation and wondered what it was. I make my eggs that way but I boil mine longer and then let him sit. What a fun thing to do to a door and if I was a painter and had all those paintings I would do the same thing. I'm surprised at myself but I actually like it I enlarge so I could see it and I've never noticed it before

Martha said...

All of the food sounds so good and your home is so warm and inviting, it's beautiful!

Arlene G said...

Always love at visit at your house Linda.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Every time I see your beautiful home...I want to decorated! Today might just be the day to start getting out some Fall! Hugs!

Changes in the wind said...

You are all decked out for fall and Tabitha is a cutie.

Vee said...

What a great helper! He looks like a natural. 🐝

I wanted to see a room in greater detail and was surprised to find Louis Dean sitting on the sofa. 🙂

Good thing you enjoy cleaning and organizing because, you are so right, it is never ending.

Yay for Tabitha's warming up. She will be a sweet friend.

photowannabe said...

Ahhh, Fall has arrived at your beautiful home.
It really gets you in the mood.
This is Thankful Thursday and I'm thankful for you...everything about you!!
Sue

Susie said...

Oh Linda, It is looking so autumn colorful at your house and I like the idea of nap with the cat....I always say, Oh I could use a nap. Ted says , "you say that and never have I seen you nap" . I reminded him I do if I am sick. LOL. Well how very nice of Dean to help Sherry. He's a sweet man like hid daddy. Blessings to all, oxox, love you, Susie

Deanna Rabe said...

Warm and cozy is a great way to describe your home! Your nap with the rain outside the door sounds delightful!

Autumn is definitely making itself seen around here, though it was a warm and humid rainy day yesterday!

The kitties are so cute!