Thursday, September 17, 2020

Tuesday's Treasures and Wednesday News....

We had plans on having a 'Day With Dee' - my friend who recently moved from her home in Murphy, Texas to a very elegant place in Lewisville. As I was about to get ready Tuesday morning, Dee called to let me know she has a cold. Nothing serious but if she leaves, she will have to be in quarantine for two weeks. So we will miss our September visit but will try for the middle of October.

We had planned on a trip to a new thrift store as well as Central Market and Trader Joe's - both of them in South Lake. Summer and I decided to save those for October when Dee can join us and we stayed in Irving. We went out yesterday afternoon to do errands and we checked out Texas Thrift and Goodwill.


I found some treasures!
That brown cap is so perfect for me.
A cap coversmany a bad hair day!
I will save the pink one for spring - it is brand new.
The white dress will make a modest and comfy nightgown.
It's fully lined so will be warm when the weather cools off.
The Tommy Hilfiger sheet will make a great backing for a denim quilt.


This little food chopper will go to the camper with us since I have one just like it here at home and I use it a lot! A small lamp - just because. The taller one is now in the guest room and replaced a wobbly one.
The cute fall fabric thing is to carry a casserole in. 


Now I really scored on shoes!
I bought yet another purse......there's always another purse.
Louis Dean got a good pair of New Balance shoes - size 13.
I love the Sperry shoes! Very comfy.
And that pair of Lucky Brand ballerina shoes are now my favorite!
Finally a shoe that I can wear with a dress instead of Skechers.


I picked up this Yahtzee game for when the Bell grands come spend the weekend with us - which will be soon! The two white twisted towels are really nice.

It took nearly 4 hours for Summer and me to do our errands - which included three trips to Walgreen's to get my meds. Then I still had a day's work to do when we got home.
Since we had also bought some groceries - 


I cleaned out the fridge before loading it up again.
I have 4 sisters and they ALL keep spotless refrigerators!
They look like a magazine advertizment.
Not I!
It's always a jumbled mess in mine - even when it's cleaned up.
The main mess is usually created by Louis Dean!
*GASP* I know you're shocked!
This time it was a steak he had marinated while I was gone on my beach trip.
He didn't put it in a platter so it leaked and bled all over the shelf which is the one right above the vegetable drawers. SO I had to pull the glass and and scrub hard since it was crusty by this time.

It was already late by the time I got around to blogging last night.
Then - in the midst of editing my pictures - I deleted the entire September folder!!
Praise God Summer is here! She rescued me and restored ALL of the photos.


It was SO late that, instead of writing, I opted to make a late night salad supper.
Then I took a shower and went to bed.

Today was all about getting our kitties ready to visit their sister, Ginger.


Louis Dean was in charge of giving baths.
We did what we thought was the hard one first.
That would be Tabitha.


Both of them did so well!


It helped that we cut their nails first!

The kids were so excited this afternoon when we got over there!
We took a big bag of their kitten food - the same kind Ginger eats - plus another litter box, kitty litter and a bag  of treats. AND their kennel for sleeping at night along with the two beds inside and a soft blanket that covers it. The kennel is in their guest room so they can be kept on the routine we have with them. However, they are going to get LOTS and lots of attention!


Granddad got some attention, too!
He took two of his favorite books and did some expressive reading.

**Source**

Then we all loaded up in the Suburban - except Granddad who chose to rest and watch the kittens - and went to a new custard shop for treats!
I got Butter Pecan Concrete for Louis Dean and I had Andy's Turtle Split.
The kids all got Sundaes and Amber and Mike each had a Brownie Sundae.
SO SO SO good!!!
Some of them were all eaten up before we got back to the house!
Louis Dean loved his!

Since I can't drive at night anymore, we had to leave before dark.
Plus I still had a lot to do!


Amber is loving all these extra critters!
First she held Tabitha.....


and then Samantha!!
She had been hiding ever since we got there but Amber ferreted her out!
She had been under the sofa! Right under Louis Dean the whole time!

Home and I have been so busy, I forgot to fix supper.
I did manage to finish the birthday quilt for Bella at 10:00 and it's already been washed and dried!
Tomorrow I will wrap up all three quilts to take to West Texas next week.
That's why the kittens are at Amber's. We go to the ranch on Friday and then to see Chandy next Friday so it was sweet of Amber to offer to keep them for us.
Summer will be here but with her recent surgery, I thought it best for her to not have to deal with them.

Shoot! It's 12:02 and I was hoping to publish my journal entry before midnight!
I tried!
Now I am going to take a shower and eat a glass of crackers and milk!


 

14 comments:

Carol said...

The quads will love the kitties. My grand doll has a new one too. She named him Stripes. I would love Butter Pecan Concrete, I do believe. Maybe I will share one with LD one of these days. LOL!

You better rest after such a busy day.

Susie said...

Linda, Maybe you will get to rest at the ranch. My goodness you have been busy. I love that LD reads to the children. And the kittens got a bath and lots of petting. Also glad your friend Dee did not go out with her cold. If I am out and hear someone cough, I think ever hair on my head stands straight up. It's this Covid thing, makes me crazy. Take care of each other. Praying for all of you. Blessings, xoxo,love, Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Lucky brand and have a couple of their handbags! They are such great quality and style! Love that pink cap. I need to find one to start using and semi retire my old one! lol Enjoy your day!

Vee said...

If one can hold a cat as Amber is doing with Tabitha who is lying on her back, feet up, that is a very good thing or so my vet told me. All kittens should be trained to be that docile. The kids must be so excited for the extra company. 🐈 Sounds as if you have very busy days and times ahead.

One of the best things to come from this crazy time is that people are no longer going to be out and about when they have a cold or are sick as was always done in the past. Perhaps that alone will save a lot of grief. I commend your friend...here's to meeting in October!

Happy packing for your trip!

Martha said...

You sure have been busy! I love all of the treasures you found, great scores!

Robyn said...

Hi Linda, You got some great items! We don't have many thrift stores here except GoodWill and in the last year they don't really have anything worth the money and their prices have gotten so high! I could buy new for what they are selling things at.. Louis Dean is a brave man giving cats a bath...LOL.. I had cats all my life until my late 20's and I started raising dogs.. I should have stuck with the cats, they're so much easier..LOL ....Your dinner looked perfect.. Just a little bit of everything. Yum!

Changes in the wind said...

Bathing those kittens must have been ordeal as LD was ready to get wet without a shirt on:) I imagine they were wondering what was happening in all this excitement, hope they do well with you being gone. You got lots of goodies on your shopping jaunt an am sure you will put them to good use.

MadSnapper said...

I saw a comment above that said, Linda you have been busy and i started to laugh and laugh. you are always busy and it agrees with you. keep it up, it keeps you young and going. of course i don't have to deal with the LD mess in the fridge. I might kill bob. but don't worry, he never does anything in the kitchen but fix his eggs, sausage and toast each morning, and that is all the mess i can handle.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Whew! You've been having some busy days for sure. Loved all your new treasures. You are a good thrift shopper! Glad the kittens will have a good place to stay while you are away. They'll like that much more than all the travel. Take care and stay healthy and happy.

photowannabe said...

You always find the very best treasures at your thrift stores.
Great shoe finds too.
As I say often..you Miss Linda almost wear me out with all the things you do. I agree with Sandra and know it's what keeps you young, happy and giving.
I can't wait to read about the next things on your agenda.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

I cannot believe how good the kittens were with their bath! I still love coming here and seeing your beautiful background. I think my favorite finds today are the red shoes and the purse. A good idea to leave the kitties at the Bells. I think Summer will get much more rest that way. I'm assuming she only has the use of one hand right now.

Hootin Anni said...

Girl? You plum tucker me out with all you do!! I think the worst part would be cleaning up the dried marinate steak fiasco in the fridge!! You definitely hit the jackpot on your thrifting...wow. Great stuff. Enjoy the rest of the day/evening.

And, sweet Linda,I cannot wait to see your spooky room. Do make sure, if you post pictures to let me know! So, I can come back & marvel.

Carole said...

Thanks to your idea I have been 'training' our cat not to scritch on the carpet and furniture - a spray bottle of water is deployed. She's not a young cat but it still seems to be working ok. Cheers

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those kittens will sure have a lot of attention while you and Louis Dean are away and may even be exhausted by the time they return home, Linda. The video of LD bathing one was cute and glad you trimmed their nails first. The new custard sounded so good too!