Monday, March 23, 2020

Cleaning Therapy.......

Louis Dean had yet another restless and sleepless night.
I could hear him prowling around the house in the wee hours of the morning and when I woke up,
I could tell you everything he did! What he ate and where he ate it!
Thankfully, he didn't do any indoor gardening!
Since it was nearly daylight by the time he could finally sleep, it was nearly noon before he got up.


I was awake around 8:00 and took a walk outside while my coffee was making.
The ponds are both clean and will be until the pecan 'beards' start to fall. So far I have not seen any sign of budding out yet but that may be that the branches are too far away for me to get a good look at them. We had the trees trimmed back in February.


I haven't planted any flowers yet - these are all perennials.


Except for the pansies.
They won't last much longer once the weather warms up.
Notice the onions growing with the flowers!


Spring is such a beautiful season with its enthusiastic green coloring!


One of the things I am challenging myself to do is not waste any food.
And I'm also preparing at least two meals a day. And maybe a snack.


I started cleaning the kitchen early this afternoon.
I know why I was dreading it so.
What a chore!
I took all the debris down around the sink and the wreath, took them on the side deck and gave them a good washing.
Everything on the shelves above the sink came down and the dishwasher was running all day long.
It's STILL running!


I only cleaned this section of the kitchen today.
The cupboards to the right of the sink - upper and lower - have all been cleaned and purged and put back in place. Everything on the shelves has been washed.
I cleaned the cupboard doors and polished them.
It was dirty work and you can see I went through half a pitcher of tea while I was doing it!
I only broke three things today in the process of all this cleaning.....
a favorite coffee cup, a water pitcher and a pretty white vase.
I need to remind Louis Dean not to walk in there with his bare feet!


Tomorrow I will tackle this section!
Louis Dean said he will take everything out from under the sink for me.....
because it's scary under there!

I used my old green crockpot on Sunday to cook beans.
Today I made potato soup from a package of frozen mashed potatoes I had saved in the freezer.
I added a can of cream of chicken soup, a can of milk, and a package of frozen corn.
Shortly before I served it, I added a dollop of sour cream and some shredded cheese....
and garnished it with herbs from my garden.
It was really good.
I love redeeming things!
And I am really grateful that Louis Dean likes leftovers!


I have kept my art table out and had two short sessions today working on Winston.

It rained a little this evening.....so that makes 12 days in a row.
I got out and pulled some weeds early this evening and they come up so easily when the ground is damp. I haven't had to use that propane weed burner yet!




15 comments:

Buttercup said...

We're pretty much inside all the time now and I've taken up cooking in a big way. I'm trying to keep costs down, so no ordering out -- not my style anyway -- and I'm cooking. My goal is no waste. My spinach was not salad material anymore and I made a big stew with black beans and all the odds and end of vegetables in the crockpot. Very tasty and enough for at least four meals. Take good care and be well.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Linda - you pick tough jobs - and your finished kitchen areas are just shining. Stay well both of you!
Hugs.
Joy

Bluebird49 said...

Your kitchen looks so warm and happy, and I know it smells good! Now if you can keep a certain guy from "littering"!
Winston is looking good!! I don't know how you get so many things done. 😍
Y'all stay well!

Carol said...

You get so much accomplished in a day. I began the deep clean yesterday. I wiped down about 1/4 of our living room last night after dinner. I managed to steam clean the floors in the kitchen, dining room, and hallway/entry way yesterday and for safe measures I added some liquid Lysol cleaner to the floor and allowed the steam mop to steam it into the air. I figure any sanitizing is good.

Estelle's said...

You are keeping busy....your house is looking great...so many things to look at! Y'all stay safe and healthy!

Arlene G said...

I plan to tackle my kitchen this week as well Linda. I need to do some reorganizing.

Vee said...

Louis Dean’s exploits are so amusing as are yours. I am only sorry that three things were broken. Oh no! I have broken more things than usual this past year myself. Spring is beautiful in Texas. Your yard has those beautiful fresh colors. We have had a new batch of spring snow, which covers a multitude of ugly, but I am looking forward to its being gone. We’ll never get to fresh greens with it hanging around.

Beth said...

Your painting of Ella is so beautiful! Hoping you don't go stir-crazy; don't feel you have to clean all at once; if you do you won't have anything to do next week! lol
Take care, be blessed, have peace. Hugs, Beth

MadSnapper said...

I am thinking LD has gotten his days and nights messed up like a baby does. maybe if he stays up all day after a night of not sleeping he will sleep at night. as long as he gets his sleep in the am, he will not be able to sleep at night. I am doing what you are doing in my kitchen and I have found a few cabinets that are scary. the ones I rarely access. I am moving things around and making a cabinet to keep a month supply of food in. it will be our hurricane supplie and chaos virus supply... I will use what is in it slowly and replace as I use it. that is the plan, hope it works.. there are so many that don't have pay checks, I am counting our blessings we have SS but afraid evn that might have prolbmes. this virus is destroying the economy faster than the disease is.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good therapy. I need to follow your example.

Rain said...

I have to say Linda, though the house needs it, I'm NOT into cleaning these days!!! Oh your spring flowers are so pretty! Your painting of Winston is looking great!!

photowannabe said...

I totally admire you and your work ethic.
Hubby Dave and I have accomplished a few things that have needed cleaning but I just don't seem to be motivated.
I sure hope LD can get the deep sleep he needs. Glad he didn't do any more indoor gardening...
Stay healthy and I sure love your painting of Winston.
Love your ending quote too.
Life definitely is a journey.
Sue

Hootin Anni said...

I love potato soup! Yours sounds so scrumptious! And the portrait of Winston is truly a work of art Linda.

I was happy to see you paid a visit to Hootin' Anni's even tho your comment was directed to Sandra only.

Keep smiling! And enjoy that rain (we're not getting any). You two stay safe during this pandemic.

Carole said...

We are well here still. The country has gone on lockdown to try to get ahead of the virus - hope everyone does stay home. Cheers

Charlotte Johnson said...

Cigarette smoking is the number one risk factor for lung cancer,cigarette smoking is linked to about 80% to 90% of lung cancer deaths. Lung cancer is the most common form of the disease in the world and 90 percent of all cases are caused by cigarette smoking. About 10 to 15 percent of smokers develop lung cancer — although they often die of other smoking-related causes like heart disease, stroke or emphysema. lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough  develop and chronic cough worsen. including chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes all your bones begin pains or hurts you so bad, headaches, dizziness,I was so pissed off and tired of my life,after I developed lung cancer from cigarette smoking and I was at the point of death,through my boredom I was surfing the internet then  I came across re Dr James herbal mix. who said he can cure lung cancer with his herbal mix and got herbal cleansers from smoking too.I really thought it was a joke until I have gotta try. when I contacted him,he said yes he can. so little time I thought  about it and bought the herbal medicine which I took couple of week to get to me.within one week of taken it I started seeing  a lots of changes till  I was totally cured. his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer and smoking treat too.He saved my life and I'm strong and healthy right now.You can speak with Him direct on his mobile/whatsapp  +2348152855846
E-mail  drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com