Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Spring has Sprung in Texas!

It's a glorious thing to wake up on a Monday morning and realize you have an entire week ahead of you to do all sorts of things but nothing that is absolutely required!


I like to spend the first hour after waking with a cup of coffee and prayer.
I always open the back door - weather permitting and it usually does here in Texas - to the sounds of bird song. I pray and listen and just be still.


I added a small hymnal to my bedside Bible Basket and pray a hymn or two.


Louis Dean is usually out in the den with his coffee and stupor time. We later meet up for our Bible reading together. He has had a favorite insulated coffee cup he's used for the last 7+ years. A neighbor gave it to him when we were living in our camper down at the RV Resort in Katy, Texas when the quads were babies. It finally bit the dust! Summer gave us metal coffee mugs for Christmas and I pulled his out and he is loving it! He's amazed at how long the coffee stays HOT!

By the time we get through with our morning rituals - it's nearly noon!


My main accomplishment on Monday was changing the bed linens!
I washed every single piece of bedding from the pillow shams to the throw pillows to the mattress cover. It took all day! I even ironed all the pillow shams!
But I'm telling you that was the best feeling to crawl into the sweet smelling bed that night!


While the washer and dryer was running, Louis Dean and I went outside and tackled the first of the spring yard work. The weather was beautiful! And the weeds were abundant!!


On Tuesday, Louis Dean took all the aloe vera plants out of his music room and rolled them out to the area behind the gazebo. He's found this is the place they thrive the best.
Look at how big they are! He's kept them under a plant light all winter.


I don't have enough open floor space in the house so I took my denim strips to the deck to lay out the design. I need to shop for a backing next week. Mostly I use a good quality bed sheet.
This quilt will go to my favorite fire fighter/medic!


It smells so good in my front yard!!
This is the best my Carolina Jasmine has ever bloomed!




Can you see all the little honeybees??


Louis Dean thinks we should get a hive here at home.


Tuesday evening found us in the gazebo like old times.......
sipping a glass of wine and feeling good about all we had accomplished.

Today was a rainy day so it's a good thing we had Monday and Tuesday to work outside.


I used a small heart candy mold for my beeswax.
These can be used to make zippers zip smoothly and for your pins and needles.
It smelled so good while it was on the candle melter.

I set up my art table last week but just sat down to paint this afternoon.


I have two dog portraits I'm working on with another two to go.
This is Elsa......


....and this is Winston!

It's been a good week and it's not over yet!!

PLUS - I have news about Summer!!
She has been approved for her spine stimulator trial surgery!!
It is next Monday morning, March 9th at 10:00.
I'll be going over to spend the night with her on Sunday so I can take her to the surgery center in Rockwall, Texas.
Her follow up appointment will be the next Tuesday and if successful - they will schedule the real surgery. Success would be if it cut her pain by 50%.
We are thrilled God has opened the door and we are praying this will be what she needs to get her life back.



24 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Yay for Summer's surgery!
Honey, you just get so much done. I felt well enough to sit at the piano last night and play some hymns, and a classical piece I'm working on. My back is paying for it tonight, but I've played all my life and it relaxes me, and I know God blessed me with the ability. It has always soothed me and challenged me, too. HE is so good to us!
That quilt is going to a lucky, good guy. He will love it, I know. 💕
Blessings the rest of the week!

Jackie said...

Linda,
I was thinking about Summer today & wondering if she had anything scheduled for the stimulator. Glad to hear she does. Keep us posted.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I had never heard of Carolina Jasmine until you! It is so sunny and pretty. Your dogs are excellent!! I will pray for Summer's procedure, that it will work so they can go ahead with the real surgery. The little beeswax hearts are adorable!!

Arlene G said...

Loved your homey post today Linda. And your waxers look great. I love my Yeti cup.I am like LD....I want my coffee hot hot hot. Oh I hope this surgery can help Summer. She has suffered for so long with this. I am starting my spring cleaning tomorrow. I am going to give my guest room a good going over. Washing linens etc. It is such a good feeling to get those big chores done.

Changes in the wind said...

You are such a gifted artist, the owners of the dogs will be overwhelmed. Such good news for Summer, hope it all goes as planned and glad you can be with her.

NanaDiana said...

I love following along with your daily rituals with LD. I feel like I am right there with you!
Those dog portraits are amazing and your firefighter is going to love that quilt.
I am thrilled that Summer might get some relief from pain and I pray the surgery works for her. Keep us posted. xo Diana

Vee said...

Praying for Summer and trusting that this surgery will be even more successful than a 50% pain reduction. She has had such a struggle for so long.

Your morning times both alone and with Louis Dean sound so precious. The weeding? Not so much. 😊

Shirley said...

Hi Linda, I have been reading along with all the things that you have been doing. I am praying for Summer that her surgery accomplishes what she wants it to do You can never have to many prayers. LD and you both keep so busy, but it keeps you young. Your quads are growing so fast and I remember when they were so tiny. We all enjoy going to their activities. Hugs and prayers from your Missouri friend Shirley.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a good news post! So glad Spring hs arrived as well as good news for Summer. I ll be praying for a successful surgery for her and a speedy recovery too. We have nothing blooming here yet, so I loved seeing your flowers!

Judy said...

Now you have me yearning for spring! I tackled a few of the garden beds this week...a little pulling of weeds, pruning and digging. It felt good! The crocuses and helleborus (winter rose) are blooming, but it has been quite cool. Glad to hear that Summer is scheduled for surgery and praying she gets relief from her pain.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow, I never knew you had quads. Is Summer one of them? Praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
Your flowers are beautiful, and that aloe plant is humongous.

photowannabe said...

This sounds like such a delicious week for you....doing exactly what you want to do.
Praying for Summer and her procedure...it's in His hands.
I really like the idea of praying a song from the hymnal...I think I may have to do that too.
Your paintings are stunning. They are going to be cherished, as is that gorgeous denim quilt.
Love the little heart bees wax do-dads too.
Continued healing for you and i giggled at your calling LD's morning coffee and Stupor.
That's the way I felt yesterday...
Sue

Susie said...

Linda, I am certainly sending my prayers for Summer. For all of you. I love the bees, say that might be a nice idea to have a hive at home, what with all those bees and the flowers there. I love how nice the denim quilt will look. LD plant is awesome. Must be all his singing along with the lamp. Blessings to all, love you girl, xoxo, Susie

Carole said...

All the best to Summer. I am currently procrastinating finalising the details for my tax ... it's already 10.30am...

BeachGypsy said...

The Carolina Jessamine looks great, it's still blooming here too! the jasmine will be blooming very very soon...it smells delicious but poor Mr. Front Porch is very allergic to it! Much sneezing!! LOL so pretty--and it doesn't last long at all. Sounds like you wake up LIKE ME....SLOWLY!! ha ha LOL. You've been real busy....it's okay to REST UP and recover, rejuvenate....get ready for the next batch of adventures, lol! Hugs

BeachGypsy said...

PS!! the dog paintings looks great and the quilt is coming along great too!!

Sue said...

Prayers for Summer's healing. ahh, nothing better than sleeping under fresh linens, you continue to amaze me with your recovery from surgery!
I bet those bees good make some great honey from the Jasmine blossoms, your quilt is going to be so lovely, the portraits are stunning, I would give anything to be able to draw paint like that, I am so jealous, (in a good way, ~wink~ .
Blessings,
Sue

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am so excited that Summer is going to get to trial this device! Praying for more than 50% reduction in her pain!

I’m glad for your nice weather but not the weeds!

Your quilt is going to be great!

Tania said...

Hello Linda.

I wonder if that Carolina jasmine will grow where I live in Australia, or if it is available...must find that out. It looks like a beautiful bloom and if your bees are any indication, our bees would love it too! Love the bright yellow bees wax. I think you should get a hive too :-)

That is one healthy looking aloe vera. Do you use it for anything in particular? I grow some outside and use it for different things. The latest being, diffusing in water and drinking it, apparently really good for you.

Your portraits are gorgeous, you have great talent, and your quilt is lovely too.

Such good news for Summer, I hope the treatment goes well.

Take care and God bless,
xTania



Wanda said...

What a wonderful full week. I love your morning time. I love praying for singing hymns and songs with my prayer time. We sing a song at church and a few lines of it touch me deeply. "My sins are many, His grace is more. He throws them in a ocean without bottom and without shores....my sins are many His mercy is more."

Love the quilt, the beeswax hearts, and every thing else you do. The paining is perfect.

NanaDiana said...

Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog today about Bright Eyes-I had a hard time replying via email today-on my end...xo Diana

Debbie said...

i love when we wash the bed linens, it does feel special when you crawl in to bed that night. (i say we because chuck always helps with it). the bed looks so beautiful and your bedroom always looks so inviting!!

we have lawn people who come and clean up our leaves, they came today so i feel inspired to get started on the spring garden chores!!

the quilt looks awesome!!

Debbie said...

and wishing summer the best!!!

Art and Sand said...

I got tired just reading all that you have been doing!

I love those little beeswax hearts.