Sunday, March 8, 2020

Celebrating With Friends......

My alarm went off at 8:00 this morning and I only pressed 'Snooze' once before getting out of bed and going out to the kitchen to turn our coffees on.
We had been invited by dear friends to celebrate their son's 25th wedding anniversary to his beloved bride.
We attended church together for many, many years.
All of our children are grown up now and it was an honor to be invited to join family and friends and be a part of this surprise anniversary celebration.


Look at all these happy faces!
We all enjoyed a wonderful BBQ dinner followed by ice cream and cake.


There was a photo album for us to look at and admire.
The wedding couple then.....


and now.
The bride is even more beautiful today, if that is possible.
They are obviously as much in love as ever they were 25 years ago, and more so.


I love this picture of them.


There were not one - not two but THREE sets of twins in the wedding.
The girls in the middle are my friends' daughters and I have had the priviledge of knowing them since they were 18 months old.


And here they are today!
Still the sweetest 'girls' - they will always be girls to me - and two of the most talented people I have ever known. They probably got that bent from their mother. She and I used to do arts and crafts together. Mary is on the left and Marie is on the right.
Remember when Louis Dean and I went to Campo Verde for lunch last December and then to their house for tea and dessert? That's Marie!
I have to brag on her just a little bit more......


Marie creates so many beautiful things and this parrot is one of her latest!
Made of glass and resin, I believe.

Then there's Mary.......


She is a twin but she went up one by having triplets!
Aren't they the sweetest little 8 year olds??


Mary is an angel.....she is a nurse and we all know nurses are angels.
She is also a baker and has her own  company 'Sugar Coma Cookies!'


She is such an artist!


Samples of some of her work.
She is absolutely amazing!


And here I am with Louise, who is in denim and her sister, Deanie, is in the middle.
We both have sister Deanie's!
We had such a good time visiting, remembering, catching up, and laughing together!!
There's a craft fair every year in Madill, Oklahoma on the second weekend and Louise and her sister have booths there.
That was always a highlight in the fall for me.....and we all decided to attend this year and participate in the booths. I'm going to paint glass Christmas ornaments! They may even sell but more important than that - we are going to have so much fun!


Talk about FUN!!
You can tell they have a lot of it!

When Louis Dean and I were driving home, he said,"Linda, that was awesome! I really LIKE these people!!" 

I LOVE them!!!

It's night now and I am over in Rowlett with Summer.
She's going in for her trial surgery for the spinal stimulator in the morning.
Thank you all for the prayers on my daughter's behalf.
We are so hopeful this will work and she will be able to get her life back!






12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a special time together! And all those twins. And twins who had triplets, yow!! I have been praying for summer. How long till she will know how it has worked?

Bluebird49 said...

Wow, another party! 😍
Praying for the simulation to go right for Summer, and for the coming surgery to work!!
💕💕

Saimi said...

Holy twinville Wow!! I love seeing the old wedding pictures as well as the recent 25 years later. Truly a beautiful couple. What a wonderful way to celebrate with all that family around. A real work of art on that glass bird, but man oh man those cookies take the cake. Not only fabulous looking but I'm sure they are equally as tasty! Hoping for good news on Summer, that poor girl sure has been through a lot.
Hugs
Saimi

Stacy said...

What a great time with old friends! I can't get over all the artistic talent at that table. Sending up prayers for your daughter.

Deanna Rabe said...

Praying right now for Summer. Okay, I'm back from praying.

What a delightful family of friends! They do look like fun people to spend time with!

Vee said...

Praying for Summer this morning and for you.

What a great celebration for friends you have known for a long time. They’re the best kind.

Arlene G said...

What a fun weekend!! Prayers for Summer today! I now she is hopeful of pain relief and we are all pulling for her.

MadSnapper said...

prayers for the surgery and for it to be the answer to Summers pains. you have so many friends and family I don't know how you remember everyones names. what a lovely anniversary party... no wonder LD loved it...

photowannabe said...

Praying especially for Summer right now and the surgery.
What a lovely family with such a history together. I can see there is so much laughter and love just oozing out of everyone.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope everything goes well for Summer. She is in my prayers!

Wanda said...

Oh Linda what a fun party! Anniversaries are so special and 25 is the first big milestone.

Love the twins, and triplets. My Aunt Nevada had three sets of twin boys, and between each set a single child. Between the first set of boys, was Roy, and between the last set, a girl. Louise. No one else in our family that I know of has had twins. She did it for all of us...haha

Wanda said...

PS Just for fun I thought I'd give you the names of the sets of twin boys: Melvin and Marvin, Herman and Thurman, Kenneth and Karl.