Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Tuesday Night Art Class!!!

I usually go out to shop for lights the day after Christmas - but I slept so late and then 'rested' the rest of the day! No make up - no hairdo - I didn't even get out of my nightgown.


Today I woke up earlier - at noon!!!

After our 'morning' routine, we made a run to Home Depot to see if they still had any lights left!
I am trying to buy mostly LED ones and I am now all fixed for lighting up 2023!!!


My very BEST find was this white tree!!!!
I actually LOOKED for one right here at Home Depot earlier in the season but couldn't find one and now here there were - FOUR of them - and half price!
(I only bought ONE!)

We did a few errands on our way home and then Sabrina and Rayne brought Taco Casa for us before art class.


She used to do that back in the days when I hosted art class every Tuesday evening.
I have been painting since 1976 and started teaching what I had learned a few years later.....
and continued to do so until ?? Maybe 2012 when the quads were born?
I know I took time off when we were in Katy after they were born.

I believe I continued until Ruth Ann moved to Breckenridge which was several years ago now.


But we were BACK in class tonight!

 

.This was Rayne's second oil painting and she chose a dog, of course!
I knew it would be that or a horse!
She did her first one when she was 6 years old.


It was like old times smelling the turpentine and concentrating on our art.

Our goal tonight was to base in the canvas and that's just what we did - all three of us.
Sabrina and I both painted a horse!


While we couldn't finish it in one session - oils dry slowly - we will be doing art again next week - this time on Wednesday instead of Tuesday.



Sabrina's !


Mine.....


and Rayne's!!!!

It was so much fun doing art tonight!
We've made a lot of memories over the years - right here around the art table.

We cleaned up and they went home and Louis Dean and I settled down in the den to watch one more Christmas movie.....



Filmed in 1988 and one we've never seen before.

We are about to go to bed now and tomorrow we will head down to the ranch for a few days!
I can hardly wait!!!





18 comments:

Rita said...

What a wonderful time together. Nothing more fun and relaxing than doing art or crafts with others.
Happy New Year! :)

Sandy in Alaska said...

That sure looked like fun! Everyone did a great job too! You have such a special gift to share and just think of all the folks you've taught that had no clue they too can paint. The more we do something, the better we get at it. I used to paint anything that sat still. :0) My old dilapidated pie safe has been so many colors with strawberries when I was into painting them on everything, or daisies in my daisy phase, chickens was my last one. I don't paint much anymore. Though I did the poinsettia tray for me and the snowlady one for my daughter this month. Anyway. I really enjoy seeing your paintings around your home...your Santas are fantastic, Linda!

Oh, and I totally related to your staying in your nightgown post! ha ha! I HAD to read it to my husband. :0) God bless you, dear friend and best wishes for you and Louis Dean and ya'lls wonderful family for a super healthy, happy and prosperous 2023!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a fun art time. I think it relaxes the mind. Rayne's is very much like the one she copied!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I took several art classes but never taught one. You do such good work it's nice you can share that with others. Their paintings look very good for beginners. Hope your weather has warmed up so you can enjoy your time at the ranch!

Estelle's said...

I know you must have enjoyed every minute of this art class....good times! You simply must share your secret of where all your energy comes from...hosting Christmas, the cooking, the decorating and now art class! I marvel at all of this...what a delightful time you make it...Happy New Year!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Gotta love those after-Christmas specials! Great job on the painting, I do not have 1/2 the talent of any of those you showed.

Changes in the wind said...

What a special time together.

Hootin Anni said...

How fun!!!

Vee said...

Wow! An art session after all this time. I remember them from before, the snacks you would make, and the good visits and fellowship.

Enjoy your time at the ranch.

Chatty Crone said...

I think that looked like fun - an art class together - will you do it every week?
I love that Scrooged Movie!

Brenda said...

Such fun. Enjoy your days of rest.

Judy in Central Texas said...

Would you kindly email me, I would like to ask you a bee question about bees in a tree at Groesbeck. Thanks,

photowannabe said...

Oh how I wish I could be in your art class. I would love to learn to paint oils. My Aunt was an artist and I learned to do pastels from her but that was way back in the dark ages.. , so was High school art class which I dearly loved.
Enjoy your time at the Ranch...it's going to be perfect therapy for you and LD.
Sue

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I wish I lived close enough to come to your art class! I've never learned to paint, but used to do a lot of drawing and used pastels and charcoal back in the pre-baby days. The last real drawing I did was of my first born son at 3 months. I intended to draw each of my babies, but found that having 3 active little boys and being in the ministry with my hubby, etc., etc.,...well, I never got around to it. Your sweet little class did very well! They all have talent!! Oh, enjoy your time at the ranch. That sounds delightful after such a busy Christmas time. Blessings to you and all.

Wanda said...

I feel like the above comment from Palela. I would love to be in your Art Class and learn to use oils. Love the horses. Great beginning for some wonderful paintings.
What a fun post, and you and Louis Dean know how to do "After Christmas" shopping. This years I downsized and so taking down is much easier.
I saved the box your painting came in so when I pack everything away till next year it will be safe and sound. Love you Linda, and the life you live and share!

Carole said...

Wish I could paint... Cheers

Deanna Rabe said...

Hurray for Art Class! I love that you get together and make art! That's so great!

What a deal on that tree!

Enjoy the ranch!

Happy New Year!

Debbie said...

oooooh those after christmas sales are the best, you did well!! the white tree is a beauty!!

i wish i lived closer so you teach me to paint!!

i loved the christmas card and the addition of your painting of santa!!

belated merry christmas, michael was home and i spent every minute with him!!