Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday Fun in the Sun!

Summer and I met up with the Bells at Fellowship Church this morning.
Louis Dean stayed home but he did go in the music room and pull up some good gospel music  for us to get dressed by. It's a Sunday tradition to play Tennessee Earnie Ford or Alan Jackson or Jessy Dixon on You Tube as we get ready for church.

After the service we all visited for a few minutes and then the Bells went home and Summer and I went to Plano to pick up something Summer had bought from an individual on Facebook Market Place.

We have been working hard this week so we decided to not do that today.


Instead we went out to eat at Boomer Jack's.
It was the first time I've been here and it was good!


The crowd was on the younger side and they were all fun to watch.
Everyone was happy and smiling or laughing - it was like a big party!
It makes you feel good to be around happy people - even if you don't know them!


The food was excellent!!!
And their $4 house margaritas were delicious!!

Next up?


Hawaiian Falls to meet up with the Bells for the second time today!
The place closes at 6:00 but we packed a lot of fun into those 3+ hours!
I rode two rides!
First - a float slide in a two person tube with Logan.
Second - the green body slide.
Both were so much fun and I laughed all the way down on each one.......and laughed LOUD!


Summer joined us in the wave pool and the lazy river and we closed the park down floating to the exit on that last float around the river!

Once again, every where I looked, people were smiling and laughing and having fun.
I walked by a long stretch of loungers and glanced over to see a lady smiling and chuckling as she looked at her phone. There were lots of photo op places and families and groups of friends were taking pictures and selfies all over the park. Documenting their memories just as I was doing.

It was a wonderful day and I loved every minute of it.
We came home and took hot showers and I visited with  Louis Dean for awhile.
He had changed the oil in his truck while we were gone. 
He does this himself instead of taking it somewhere. 
AND he cooked himself a hamburger! No, make that THREE!
He ate two and put the other one in the freezer.
I was impressed he had cleaned up so well......until I noticed he had not wiped the stove off.
I usually keep a cover on the stove top - it's one of those black glass cooking tops that I can never keep looking good. Well, he simply put the cover back in place - right over the spattered grease!
Still, not bad considering how far he's come in the housekeeping department.
AND he defrosted the beverage fridge out in the gazebo.
He said it had totally frozen up - as did the wine box he had in there on the top shelf.
I guess the wine didn't freeze but the box sure did.
It was sitting on the kitchen counter apparently thawing out.
I didn't think anything of it until I noticed a huge puddle on the floor.
I thought it was wine but it was just the ice melting in the soaking box!
Pulled the wine bag OUT of the box and placed it in the sink and put the heavy soaking wet box IN the trash!

No a bad day of Damage Control!

Tonight I filled all our medicine boxes for a month, did the laundry, ran and emptied the dishwasher and cleaned up and decorated the table in the den for fall. Now mind you, the rest of the room is in shambles but the table looks pretty!

Louis Dean and I are going to the ranch tomorrow and Summer will be staying here at the house while we are gone. I love that. She has been helping Louis Dean organize and clean up the back yard and we are so grateful.

If I hurry, I can close tonight's journal entry before midnight!





16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is so wonderful to actually have someone in the house, looking after it, when you are gone. And no one better than Summer! I am maybe halfway thru decorating. What a great day you have had!

Terra said...

You had a lot of fun, and how good to see smiling faces. We used to take that more for granted, now people are often wearing masks. In California our annoying governor changes the mask, etc. rules every 15 minutes! That water place looks like great family entertainment.

Bluebird49 said...

So glad Summer is helping you and you're helping her!And you got to see Amber, too. You are so lucky to have all your children around.
I hope you all have a good ranch trip, especialy knowing Summer can be around to watch your home.
Glad you can go. I know you're almost a year older than I, but you get so much more done and have so much more fun!💕💕
Have a great time!

Hootin Anni said...

Phew!!! I am plumb tuckered out. What you do in one weekend I would take a month to accomplish. Love the photo of the two of you gals all smiles!!

Enjoy the ranch time!!

Deanna Rabe said...

What fun! Family activity is the best!

So glad Summer is helping and you get to spend time together. Glad too, she'll be at your place while you're at the ranch. Then home and it'll nearly be September!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Summer has the most wonderful smile and it's contagious. I always feel happy looking at there. She's such a wonderful daughter and always willing to help you out too. Have a safe trip to the ranch. Happy Monday !

Changes in the wind said...

A wonderful day for sure and that food looked delicious. Poor LD, he tries but cleaning just isn't what he is good at, fixing is:) Have a safe trip to the ranch.

Arlene G said...

Oh I needed a cheerful blog post to read this morning Linda. Thanks for sharing and encouraging. Loved seeing Summer out and about and doing so much better. And what a relief to have her at your home while you are gone to keep an eye on things. We missed Grimmwood last week as we are waiting on Marvin's epidural to be scheduled. Hoping they get it done this week so we can go next week. Have a blessed week!!

Vee said...

Have a blessed time at the ranch. How wonderful to have a FUN day!

Carole said...

I'm with LD about cleaning the hob every time - doesn't seem much point when it jusst gets dirty so quickly - call me a slob... Glad you had a day off. Cheers

PS our level 4 lockdown has been extended for a further week. So no shopping (other than supermarket), no school, no hairdressers etc etc We are all expected to stay home except essential workers - they need danger pay! We are doing ok - have enough food etc (ie wine)

Debbie said...

i have never heard of boomer jacks, we do not have one here, must be a southern thing like waffle house!! it is so awesome to see summer so happy, always smiling and the quads look great in their swimwear!!

LOVE the ending quote!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a fun time you all had, Linda, and you are so right that seeing smiling faces and folks enjoying themselves is indeed wonderful. Kudos to Louis Dean on his improved housekeeping. We also have one of those glass stovetops and always have a time keeping them clean. Always great to see a photo of yourself and Summer, smiling and happy!

BeachGypsy said...

Glad you stopped by my friend....thanks for the compliment on my umbrella! Wow, the water park LOOKS SO FUN!!! Love all the fun and happy pictures and at the restaurant too, I've never heard of that one, is it a chain or not? sounds like you had fun in the water with the kids....I used to get on the lazy rivers and loved them, slow---my style!! haha LOL Of course when the kids were young and I WAS YOUNG too, I went on most of the slides and such with them, in the wave pools and such. Nothing too scary. Hope your week is coming along great so far!! Y'all sure stay BUSY, MERCY!! LOL

photowannabe said...

I know you are now at the Ranch.
I just haven't gotten around to commenting.
Sometimes Life just gets in the way.
There are probably 2 or 3 posts from me that haven't been seen yet.
Monday I did my eldercare for 10 1/2 hours for my friend. That's a very long time for me to do it. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and repetition all day long. Alzheimers is a terrible disease.
We survived and it was actually a pretty good dy.
The temperatures were'nt too hot so we could be outside for quite a while. That helps pass the time.
So now I'm finally catching up on things.
Love your post and all the wonderful family and friend things you are doing.
Sue of photowannabe
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Lady Samy said...

I love your posts. Your life is full of adventures. What a beautiful family! Kisses
Blog Lady Samy/Facebook/Instagram/Youtube

Great-Granny Grandma said...

You certainly do know how to have fun, and being surrounded by smiling faces is the best.
Enjoy your stay at the ranch.