Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Tuesday's Treasures and September's Eve.....

 Monday we cleaned our camper/cabin really well and packed up to come home.
It was a short visit but we enjoyed every minute.
We picked black eyed peas and I added Miracle Grow to my herb garden. 
We gathered the cushions up and stored them in the deck box and I cleaned the fridge and fed the lettuce and leftovers to the horses as well as the cantaloupe rinds from the three I cut up. There's three more I'm taking home for later eating.
The last thing we did before we went out the door was to turn the water off to the camper.
Yes, I still have water to it but we thought it wise not to completely trust the fix just yet. Better just turn the water off and not worry about it.

As we go in and out the ranch gate, Mr. Jackson's dogs are nearly always there to greet us and hope for a treat. Lucky for them - I stocked up in Mart the other day so we had three different kinds to choose from!


It's always nice to stop for an early dinner so we don't arrive home hungry.
Louis Dean was a happy camper with his chicken fried steak at The Lonestar Cafe in Hillsboro.


We got home before dark!
He unloads and I put up. 
Once that was done and the washer and dryer were running, I went to bed.
Just like a man does, too. I walked in there and simply went to bed. Clothes, hair and make up on.
It wasn't even dark outside either!
While I meant to get up later - I didn't. 
I slept for 10 hours! Not straight - I did get up a few times to go to the bathroom but I did NOT leave the bedroom. I knew if I did, I would start working and I was bone weary tured for some reason and it wasn't because I'd been working hard because I hadn't.

I felt much better this morning and after we did our normal routine of coffee on the kitchen deck and reading, I decided to stop in at the Goodwill on my way to Aldi.


I loved this White House/Black Market top with a cami attached.
The only thing I need to do is cut off and hem the sleeves.


And I could NOT pass up this classic white shirt......


Coldwater Creek, at that!!

I also got a pair of camo leggings and another cute top....


and this Thanksgiving pillow with the tags still on it.


I check the book section where ever I go and usually find something good to take home.
I have more books than I will ever read but I'd rather have too many than not enough.

I shopped Aldi's in a rush, getting the ingredients for Taco Soup for my September First lunch.
Thought I'd make a really big pot so I would have enough to share and to freeze.


When I saw this dragon fruit, I decided to get one since I'd never tasted it before.
I rushed home, out the groceries away, called for Louis Dean and we were out the door on our way to the Bells. Amber and Mike were going to the movies and we wanted to spend some time with the kids so it was a Win! WIN!!


They had never tasted dragon fruit either, so we cut it up and served it with Ritz crackers.


It was fairly bland and the cracker helped.
Everyone had a taste and not one of us think this will ever be a favorite fruit.
But it was interesting!

Before Amber left, she had made a big batch of chicken alfredo for me to heat up.


The kids all know how to cook some and Kailey is especially good at salads.


It was a delicious meal!
After we ate, cleared the table, and put the food away.......


It was game time!!
Bellz was fun! You have a bunch of colored bells and a really super strong magnet wand.
You have to attract the bells to the magnet one at a time.
Not as easy as I thought it would be.



Exploding Kittens was fun, too.
Kailey won!!


Amber snapped this pic while I played Exploding Kittens with the girls and Harrison and Granddad palyed Bellz. Granddad took it seriously and won every game!
We ended the evening with one round of NUTS!
Logan won!!
We had to go home because it was already dark. Normally, I don't drive at night but I do know my way by heart from Amber's house to mine.


And we brought our kitties home!!
Although right when we were about to put them in their carriers - Tabitha decided to perch on the high shelf area up in their foyer. Amber was finally able to entice her over the the landing to get a treat!


Samantha was easier but when we got  home, she kept ducking her head back down in the carrier.
I'm wondering if she thought when she raised her head up again that she would be back at the Bells!

So they are now exploring the house and all the decorations.
I shall close this journal entry and get busy preparing for tomorrow.
It will be well after midnight when I close my eyes tonight but I am saving all my September rituals for when I wake up in the morning.
I was telling the kids about what I do to celebrate September First and about Neil Diamond singing September Morn. One of them told Alexis to play the song and then another one told her to STOP!!!
NO spoiling MeeMaw's traditions!!!



15 comments:

Vee said...

May September (that sounds awkward) 1 be everything you enjoy and the entire month of September be extra sweet.

What a fun September eve with the grands. Some fun games to check out.

It is fun to see the kitties again. Wonder how much they remember from trip to trip.

Off to listen to September Morn to hear how things are going at your place later this morning.

Arlene G said...

Well now September 1st is almost like a holiday to me after celebrating it online with you Linda.:) It is a lovely tradition. We will celebrate 45 years of marriage on Saturday....hard to believe but true. Thankful for each one of them. Have a blessed September 1st with your friends.

Deb J. in Utah said...

September 1st is a great day in our family - birthday of our second oldest daughter, Tiffany. I love your Goodwill finds and all the fun you had with your grands. Glad you are back safely from the country. You too have a full and happy life! See you again soon. :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The games look like so much fun! Makes me wish I was there! Happy September!

Sandi said...



"I was bone weary tured for some reason"

Sometimes this makes the best sleep.


Ginny Hartzler said...

You are starting off Fall right with a splashy and gorgeous background! The quads have grown so much! I bet I know why you slept so long. Your body is preparing to party all Fall long! I have all my Fall decorations up, and will post them shortly. I got several new as well. LOVE your turkey pillow! I got two new fall pillows at home Goods, ones that were pretty reasonable. Will be posting them in a separate post.

MadSnapper said...

i think of you and annie on sept 1 each year. bone weary is what i have been and still am, you needed that sleep. the night bob was in the hospital was the first time in many moons i slept 8 hours without waking, not even a potty break. that was the last night of good sleep since. to me sept means peak hurricane season to watch and watch and i am another year old and the week of my birthday is the if a hurricane comes it is then. i even got married in a hurricane in 1963.

Changes in the wind said...

So sweet the dogs greet you at the gate and treats are always nice. Glad you were able to rest and feel better and look at what fun you had at the goodwill. The dinner with the quads looked delicious and how fun to play the games. Hope you first Sept day was as special as you planned it to be.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy September I know you'll be enjoying it to the fullest. I always enjoy your Tuesday finds and give you lots of credit for being such a good shopper. How nice it is to be home again and have everything ready for September 1st. Taco soup is a favorite and a good choice for today ! Enjoy !

Deanna Rabe said...

What great Goodwill finds! That book looks interesting.

Fun with the grands, too!

Enjoy today, September 1st!

Bluebird49 said...

Loved seeing you with the quads! I know that you all had a great time.
The kitties are grown. I wonder which one will get out first!! đŸ’•

photowannabe said...

Happy September Morn to you Linda.
I hope your day will be all you plan it to be.
Nice to have your Kitties back..I know they will adjust asap!
the Quads are precious and what wonderful memories playing games and having family dinners together.
I love it.
Sue

Judy said...

Every once in awhile it just feels good to over-sleep! And then you a raring to go again. Enjoy your great finds at Goodwill.

It looks like a fun evening with the grands. I must check out that Bellz game. Our grands like ‘exploding kittens’ as well. I don’t care for the name!

Happy September to you! We have a beautiful day here today…and a family wedding.

Wanda said...

Could you and Louis Dean adopt me for a weekend at the ranch!!HaHa. I just love following you around. Nice finds at the Thrift Store. I have 3 bags to drop off, and I know I'll come home with more than I need!!! It's a lovely cycle!!haha
Happy September...look forwared to seeing all your decorations for Fall. I got my meger amount put up yesterday. Makes me smile. I'm happy with the outcome.

Carole said...

Happy September. I bought books for years before discovering the delights of the library - lots of books, you can order online and best of all they are free! do you go to the library? Cheers