Saturday, August 14, 2021

Celebrating Family! Benjamin's Birthday, Pam's Birthday, and a Fun Family Friday Pool, Ping Pong, Pizza and Movie Night!

 Wednesday was Benjamin's 33rd birthday!
He came over to the house as soon as he got off work that afternoon so we could take him out for an early dinner at The Catch right here in Irving at Beltline and Rochelle.


Amber, Mike and the kids surprised him by showing up just as we were about to walk in!
It was fun like a party!!!


Their catfish is always good and I'm especially fond of their fried okra!


I tried a different kind of margarita......it was good but I will stick to the regular one and I do prefer frozen!


Trystan brings a smile to my face every time I look at her.
Granddad says he loves to talk to her just to hear what she has to say.
All four of the Grand Bells are great conversationalists!


And they do love their Uncle Ben!!

Thursday I baked a cake for Pamela - Reaoma's daughter and now I claim her, too.
Every year I ask her what kind of cake she wants and this year she requested a Pistachio Crack Cake!


It turned out perfectly and she said it melts in her mouth!
She's soon off to Florida on a birthday vacation - and I hope Hurricane Fred doesn't spoil her plans.
Pam has the gift of making the most of any situation so I know she's going to have fun no matter what!
I was organizing some loose recipes into sheet protectors and a notebook and came across the chicken spaghetti recipe from her mom. Every August for many years, I would take Amber and Ben and we drive down to Rainbow's End to spend a week with Reaoma and Doug.
When Pam gets back from her trip, I'm going to make that for dinner for her.


I haven't been cooking much these days.
We've been eating simple meals with little preparations involved....
as in this open face tomato sandwich with cheese and olives.
While I had this, Louis Dean ate a big bowl of cereal.
For some reason we just aren't hungry for big meals lately.

I drove over to Jesse's late Friday afternoon for a Fun Friday Family Night!
Jesse's physical therapist was there when I arrived. He's doing very well in his recovery and I am so impressed with the way he can get himself up and down the stairs.


All of us were in the pool or playing ping pong when he wheeled himself out to join us.
He took this pic of Amber and Mike and Kailey and Trystan.
Logan and Harrison were at the ping pong table.


I LOVE the hot tub!
Jesse had it all heated up and it was wonderful!
Back when he was growing up here at home, I had a big spa and he and I enjoyed it so much.
We both loved to read and we would take our books out and read and soak and puch a floating bowl of grapes back and forth between us. We went in the spa year round and I remember once it was so freezing cold, our hair froze!
This is my Granddog, Angel and she is so weet.
She stayed close to me all evening and when I went in the spa, she came over and put her paw on my arm. I kind of miss having a dog but I truly love all the Grands from Rufus to Jersey to Angel and now Daisy and Max along with Bandit the cat and Ginger! Speaking of cats, our two are still at the Bells.
I'll be bringing them home before September First. They have such a good time over there and the kids are crazy about them, as are Amber and Mike. I'm glad our 'girls' are such good travelers!
Amber says it takes them about an hour to adjust once they arrive and then it's like they are at their other home. Same way at the ranch. When we bring them home here, I put them in the guest room to adjust for an hour or two and then it's all fine and dandy!

We ordered Pizza after pool time was over and I cut up a watermelon I had brought over.
Normally I salt my watermelon but Leigh Ann had a better idea!


She uses this!
And it was REALLY good!!!
I'm going to get me some of this....and there's also a sauce.
I'll try both!


We all sat around the kitchen table eating pizza and talking.
Here's my handsome son.
He is a coffee connoisseur and I love how HE loves coffee!


Leigh Ann is such an excellent hostess and we all had the very best time!
This is her sweet Daisy. Actually, I think it's Sam's dog but she dearly loves Leigh Ann!


Our Friday night movie!
Winner!!
Amber knows how to pick the movies!

Today I decided to cook a little bit......


as in fried eggs......


and bacon. I wanted to make BLTs but I didn't have any bread.
So I used flour tortillas....and shredded cheese and some chopped Jalapeno peppers....


and lettuce and sliced tomatoes.


Cantaloupe and cucumbers in the middle.


Louis Dean loved it.
It was a little messy to eat so he cut his up like a salad.
We each ate only half and later he added salad dressing and finished it off as a snack.

He's been working outside putting in yet another deck - this time along the east side of the house.
Yesterday we bought 5 deck storage boxes and should be getting all organized before winter comes.

There's a soft golden glow flowing from the sewing room into the dining room and drifting down the hall to the main bathroom. I have my decorations out and am having such a good time dressing the rooms up for Fall. This is my very favorite time of the year!

September is coming!
It's just 17 days away and then I will wake up to September FIRST!! 30 days of September Morns!


12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Almost time to break out Neil! In the photo of louis Dean with coffee, he looks like he is in his 30's or 40's!! I will bring up my fall decorations in about a week. Wal-Mart has started getting fall decorations in now, and I got the cutest little wooden Fall houses today! They have cute chimneys and pumpkins in front. I look forward to Wal-Mart's fall decorations every year. I have never heard of Tajin, I will have to google it.

Hootin Anni said...

I too add salt to my watermelon (I thought I was the only one).

The heat keeps me from cooking much these days (and over eating!)

Your week has been filled with live & laughter ...that's what I enjoy about your journaling.

Vee said...

I also salt my watermelon. Often, I salt my oranges. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Your family is a lot of fun! I'll join you in praying that Fred keeps his nose out of Pam's vacation plans.

Arlene G said...

I always think of you as September approaches, Linda. Our anniversary is the 4th of September so I count the days as well. Your granddog, Angel, looks like Baylor's therapy dog, Ruby! So glad Jesse is doing better. I loved the story about the two of you in the spa!! Good memories.

Changes in the wind said...

So nice that you all could celebrate Benjamin's birthday and the okra looks delicious. Then on to the other son's for a good time. Your little concoction of BLT sounds great and I love the idea of cutting it up and eating it like a salad. Angle looks like such a sweet dog and glad you are enjoying your fall decorating.

photowannabe said...

Linda, I think your middle name is FUN!
You always seem to have the best time and being with family is definitely the best. Yummy food, plenty of laughter and just being together.
Those BLT's look divine...now I want one just like that. I need a good cantalope soon...
Sue

Bluebird49 said...

You always make the most out of whatever comes, like Pam, who by the way, got a beautiful cake from you. It sounded so good. I love reading about how you soak up life. I enjoyed all your family pictures. I think you and Louis Dean keep looking younger every day!It was great seeing the quads again and I know y'all have a special bond.
I'll bet the kitties will be glad to see you, but it's great they have at least three homes!!

Carole said...

Great times with family Cheers

Great-Granny Grandma said...

You always seem to have the best time with your family.
I love fried okra, and that cake looks interesting. I've never heard of that kind before.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

September 1st will be when I get my fall decorations out of storage. I have quite a few of them from Halloween to Thanksgiving and put them all out so I don't hae to keep changing the decorations. They'll stay that way until after Thanksgiving and then Christmas will come out. Looka like you all had a great birthday celebration.. HPPY BIRTHDAY ro your son ~

Deanna Rabe said...

What a Funtime you all had! So glad that Jesse is recovering well! Family time with the pool, pizza and a movie sounds just right! I like the photo of Benjamin and the Bell kids! You can tell they’re related!

I was thinking of you the other day and telling my mom that you’d be decorating for fall soon!

Judy said...

So many fun things and reasons to celebrate in this post! Your excitement for the new season coming soon had me smiling! You are always way ahead of the game! I seem to do less decorating every year.