Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Sunday Church and Monday Things......

 It was good to be IN church on Sunday!
We have been watching online for the last several weeks while out of town.....
but it's just better when we can BE there.

Amber and Mike saved us seats since we arrive late - on purpose.
Louis Dean is a heart patient with several stents and loud music can agitate his heart.
He is more comfortable if we arrive just before the sermon.
Sometimes, if we get there early, he will wait out in the vestibule. He is a people watcher so it doesn't bother him one bit to watch the coming and going of worshippers for a few minutes.


I love that we all attend the same church!
My heart was so full Sunday morning.
I looked to my right and there was my sweet husband.
I looked to my left and there sat all the Bells.......Harrison sat beside me and then there was Mike and Amber and Kailey, Trystan and Logan. What a blessing!

We visited for a few minutes after the service and then they all went to a class while we went to Home Depot. I've been working on Louis Dean's bathroom and needed some dark wax to use on the sink cabinet I painted with chalk paint. The sink is green and cream marble swirls so I painted the lower cabinet a light seafoam green. The dark wax was perfect!

WE thought about going out to eat but decided to cook up the Chinese food from Trader Joe's instead.


Super easy and super good!
We ate in the den and watched a western movie.
An OLD western movie.....How the West was Won with James Arness.
Louis Dean has tons of Gunsmokes recorded and lots of old movies - most of them starring John Wayne. That's not my favorite genre but I occasionally watch what he likes and he will suffer through some Midsomer Murders. Then there's a good many programs we both like but we don't watch nearly as much TV as we used to.

Sunday afternoon I cleaned our bedroom really well and dressed it up a little bit for fall.


I am loving the green satin spread instead of the white I normally use.


The fairy lights are pretty. 
These are battery operated ones and I forget about them most of the time.
I prefer the ones you plug in!

I nearly always read a little while before I go to sleep.
Every September I pull out my old 1956 copy of Autumn Across America to re-read.
I've had it for some 20 years or more so now I just read some of my favorite chapters.
I'm just a tad early this year.


I love this kind of book. It brought to mind the books by Hal Borland......


I think it's time to read this one again.

Before I close tonight's journal entry, I want to brag on my step son......
This was on Facebook Sunday afternoon!


Hi:
I am happy to announce that Chapman, Dean Kyoshi has been chosen to be the Senior Vice President in charge of the Goju ryu Division of our organization. Chapman Kyoshi comes to us with a vast knowledge and experience of this art, as well as the other Arts that we practice and cultivate. All matters related to Goju ryu are his exclusive field and must go through him.
Congratulations
Chapman Kyoshi.

Congratulations!!
You are amazing, Dean!

17 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

I love the green satin - dresses it up for fall, but I'm a sucker for cotton, too.
I always love seeing your family pictures. Amber's going to have competition in height every soon. Can't believe we it!
That's wonderful about Dean's accomplishments, too. Sounds like things are great! 💕

Hootin Anni said...

Congratulations!!! Well deserved accolade.
The meal you prepared looks yummy. Funny, I've watched How the West Was Won, but I don't recall James Arness!

Estelle's said...

I love how you decorated your bedroom...just beautiful for the fall season!

MadSnapper said...

congratulations to Dean, i know you are bursting with joy for him. bob and I only watch movies together that we both like, neither of us will watch something we don't like. he loves documenatrys, they make me want to scream. glad you got to visit church with family.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am going to look up both of these books on Amazon. Phil is a people watcher, too! After we have been to a store or somewhere, he asks me...did you see thi woman, or that man doing such and such. And I have never seen them, I am too concentrated on my shopping!

Deanna Rabe said...

Your bedroom is always beautiful and cozy and that green does set the stage for fall!

I love going to church with my family, too!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congrats to Dean, he is very talented and a good stepson to you! it's so nice to have family to go to church with. I don't always have any of mine there, but we used to fill the whole pew. I miss them when they don't come. Your bedroom is lovely and so much neater than mine is, I have too much stuff stored there, bins all over the place. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Changes in the wind said...

Great picture and look how tall the quads are now. I don't shop at Trader Joe's much but the meal looks you fixed looks good and I am always in favor of easy. You bedroom looks very pretty and cozy.

Arlene G said...

Linda, you should read some of the Gladys Taber books if you have not read them already. I had to order mine from Thrift books. She lived in New England in the 60s and 70s and records her days on their small farm. She and a widowed friend, purchased this property together and lived out the end of their lives there. It just makes me feel all cozy and comfy inside when I read them. Congrats to Dean on his honor!!

photowannabe said...

Cozy is so inviting..love your bedroom decor.
I'm looking forward to going back to church too...When Dave can drive us there it will happen. So grateful for live streaming though.
Was with our son and wife on Sunday for a Celebration of Life at our former church. It was like a family reunion. We were members of that church for 30 years and have so many wonderful friends. Birdie was one of my best friends and though I know where she is now, there definitely is an empty spot in my heart now. I have to admit I was shocked at how old many of the people there were..I'm sure they were thinking the same about Dave and I. (haha)Thankful for family that will drive us long distances and do so with a cheerful heart.
Your Trader Joe dinner looks yummy...now I'm hungry for some Chinese Food.
Congrats on your step son's achievements..that's quite an honor.
Love coming here and seeing what's going on in Texas.
(((hugs)))
Sue of photowannabe
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Ginny Hartzler said...

I ordered your book!

Lady Samy said...

This Chinese food is appetizing. And what a beautiful room. Reading a good book is what gives peace. Congratulations on your dear child. Glad your heart is full of joy. hug
Lady Samy

Vee said...

Good heavens! What elixir is Louis Dean taking? He looks younger with every post. It's your good cooking!

Carole said...

Well done, Dean. NZ is back into Level 4 lockdown - it started with one community case and there are now 7 linked to the Australian outbreak We are fine other than being in dire need of a hair cut... Cheers

Judy said...

So nice that you can attend church with your lovely family. We are thankful that we are able to have in person full-sized services again after a long season of on-line services. Your bedroom is looking so cozy and inviting! You have me starting to think about fall!

Debbie said...

the kids are getting so big, the bedroom looks awesome and congrats to dean!!

BeachGypsy said...

hello there my greeneyedgirlfriend!!(LOL) Great post---glad y'all got to go to church together....nothing better than sitting in a church pew and being with your loved ones, right? Your bedroom looks very pretty, I like that green spread too. I think you asked in a comment if we grew all the stuff I pictured, and yes, we did grow it all except for the "maters"---we picked those up at the grocery. Our "maters" in the garden are not ready yet but alot of other good things have been harvesting, yum! I've been blanching green beans!! We are on our second planting of green beans now and we are doing pole beans this time and hoping for a larger yield. September will be here soon and every single September first comes around now, I think of you and how much you love that day!! Hugs!!