Tuesday, July 9, 2019

I Loved my Tuesday!




An old fashioned Tuesday used to include 3 things:
1. Goodwill
2. A Movie
3. Art
I'm lucky to get one out three these days!

No Goodwill treasures but I DID have extra special treasures of a different kind.

I met up with Summer and Amber and the kids at a super cool mall in Frisco.


Talk about super cool! 
Amber has got to be the coolest quad mom around!
Look how cute the kids are these days.
I took a ton of pics but I will only share a few here tonight.


This one is my very favorite!
Kailey is such a joy!
She has a super heart since her successful open heart surgery three years ago.
That little heart of hers is chock full of LOVE!
Love of family, friends and adventures!
She's the first of the four to try something new and nearly always has a smile on her face.
(She told me to be sure and show all my pictures to Granddad when I got home because - "He will  want to see them!" And he did!


My other favorite photo of the day is this one of Logan. 
She has my heart!

After they all rode the Carousel, we had lunch at the food court.
Two of the kids wanted Panda Express and the other two asked for Chick Fil A.


Amber, Summer and I ordered Bento Boxes at Sakura.
Oh, MY! It was so good!


This was not a 'pretty' day for me but I do love it that the kids want to take 'selfies.'

I left the mall after lunch but Summer stayed on with Amber and they spent the rest of the afternoon doing all sorts of good things......Lego Land and Pottery Barn for Kids and - you get the idea.
Then there was a movie - The Secret Life of Pets 2.

I had to go to the hospital pharmacy to get my second shingles vaccine.


Our hospital is under construction and I got confused as to where the pharmacy was and parked a LONG ways away! Thanks to the sky bridge I didn't have to hike over in the heat.
I did have to wait a good while to get the vaccine but now I am done!
It was nearly 6:00 when I got home. 
That's the reason I skipped the Goodwills today.....I was tired and still wanted to do art.

 I walked in the door I smelled FOOD!!
I swear as soon as I leave the house, Louis Dean runs to the kitchen and starts cooking!
Today he made his South Texas Goulash!
It's his own recipe and he used hamburger meat, onions, carrots, potatoes, bell peppers, celery and tomato paste. It cooks up like a stew or soup and smells AND tastes delicious! I had to take at least one bite! Cooking makes him so happy that it's easy for me to come in and do damage control.
Let me be honest - it's easier to come in and do it AFTER he's done than to watch him while he's cooking. AND we have food for several meals plus some to freeze!

He went back out to work on the gazebo and I set my art table up.


My goal is to finish all my current projects - 2 cows, an owl, the bumblebee, the pasture cow and the ducks at the pond - before we go back to the ranch next week. That's when I will start my Christmas painting.


I'm loving my bumblebee!
I used some burnt sienna around the edges as I glazed her tonight and I painted the edges of the canvas. This is a 12 inch square canvas and there's not a lot of ready made frames for this size.
Plus I am liking the look of unframed canvases if the edges are painted.


And aren't we all like that??
If you think about it?


17 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Oh, what a good day you had with the kids -- who are all cute! All the food sounded good, Louis Dean's, too. ( Here I am, hungry at 12:22 a.m.!)
I love your bee! Are you going to do one for Sherry and Dean?
You've been busy as a bee lately, although as usual is probably the better thing to say.
Happy Wednesday!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your bee is amazing, I love her! We have been trying to get the new Shingles vaccine, but most places are out of the first shot, and now giving the second ones. Did you have any side effects? The photo of Kailey is so full of joy and beauty! And it looks like Harrison has a new hairstyle, very cool.

Small Kucing said...

I would love to take a walk in this mall. Gosh... would have gone on one of the ride :)

Hootin Anni said...

Sweet sweet selfie...that has to be my favorite! The meal sounds delicious...and, I love the idea of leftovers (no cooking much for a few days afterwards). Ohhhh, that bumblebee is sooooo good Linda!

Susie said...

Linda, I loved the photos. The girls' hair is so long. Beautiful. Oh that hard working, building, cooking sexy man of yours. :):) He's got to be doing something all the time. I love your wonderful art. I wish I could come paint with you. My sister got a shingles vaccine after she had a bad case of shingles that lasted a couple years. I can not get anything like that till Ted is getting shots himself. One of the warnings about people to avoid , for bone marrow transplant people. Blessings to all of you there, love you, xoxo, Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would have come home and crashed! But how neat to enjoy your art. I need to spend more time with the sketches I've done and color them in. I love Goohlash and we made it this week too! We stir the cooked meat mixture in with macaroni! Hugs to you both!

Arlene G said...

Looks like a fun day alll the way around Linda. And my goodness you do look pretty in your red and white. You are right...so important to make those memories.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a beautiful family you have Linda! The beauty just shines out from inside, just like yours does!

I'm glad you had that outing with the kids and your girls, and that you had your art in the evening.

Tim doesn't cook, so its amazing to me to think of coming home to a meal cooked by my husband! That goulash sounds good and the fact that it will freeze and be available for another meal is great!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the pictures of the kids on the carousel, They are all so happy and carefree and your daughter is a super terrific mom! Glad you could meet up with them at the mall to have lunch before that shot happened. How nice it would be to come home to an already prepared meal. And I'm sure Louis Dean appreciated your doing the damage control too. Between the two of you, you get it all done! Hope you get that art work done before it's time to start something new. Christmas in July is coming up on the 25th so that is when I hope to start Christmas painting. Have a happy Wednesday!

MadSnapper said...

i would leave the house every day if bob would cook. the carousel is my favorite ride and always loved it and still do. the photos are really so sweet of them on the horses....

Estelle's said...

LD is a real hero...so handsome, talented and a great home chef...you're a lucky girl Linda...the children are growing up before our eyes...darling children....I know you are so proud! I love the bumblebee art...beautiful!

Changes in the wind said...

You are so wise to be flexible with your activities and do just as you please. Wonderful pictures of the quads and Amber is truly beautiful. Love your bumble bee painting.

photowannabe said...

Gorgeous family and their smiles just warm the heart.
I'm glad you got to spend time together.
LD's creation sounds yummy. How wonderful to come into the house to dinner smells.
You two are quite a team.
Absolutely love the bee and the last quote too.

The Feminine Energy said...

What a fun day with the quads, their Mom, and Summer, Linda! Sounds absolutely perfect. I've had my grandgirls here all week and it's been so hot outside that, for the most part, we've been confined to doing indoor activities as well. Pets 2 was one of our activities this week... as well as Toy Story 4 a couple days before. Our county fair is in full swing and I so wanted to take them either yesterday or today but it's just too hot for this grandma. Heat index is close to 100 with humidity to match. That's just not good for me... or for anybody, for that matter. So yesterday we went to the next town over and hit up Barnes & Noble bookstore, Michael's craft store, and then ate supper at Red Robin. The girls' noses were buried in books all the way home. *haha* I was going to go to the church resale shop today but when I fed my birds at 9:15am it was already sooo hot that I decided to stay inside. If the truth be known, I didn't need anything anyway. ;-) Love you, Andrea xoxo

Gypsy Heart said...

A fun and busy day! My mother used to make Goulash and we all loved it! My kids as well as my brother's would eat it like it was ice cream! 😊 I think the macaroni in it enticed everyone. I honestly don't know how you two work outside in this heat! Even the twilight hours are miserable to me!

Just a thought, and you may be aware, the Walmart pharmacy has a ton of prescriptions for $4. I had one some time ago that Walgreen's wouldn't fill without a letter from the Dr. 😱 I called the Dr's office and his assistant said that happened often at Walgreen's and said I should go to Walmart and get the RX for $4. Makes a huge difference financially!

xo
Pat

Carole said...

Just love love your bumblebee. And oh to have a man who cooks! On his own initiative. K can cook but I have to tell him what to make... Cheers

Robyn said...

What a great day!!.. My husband used to love to cook but since his back is so bad now he doesn't often get the chance. Sometimes he will still get in there though.. I am LOVING the bee you painted! It's adorable!