Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Tuesday's Treasures and Wednesday's Joys!

I unloaded a full trunk at the Goodwill in Dallas!


Of course I had to go in and browse for a few minutes - just in case there were some treasures in there waiting for me. And sure enough - there was!!!

The reason we were in Dallas was to meet up with the family for a Christmas movie!


How the Grinch Stole Christmas has a special place in Louis Dean's heart.
He used the Dr. Seuss book and put on a great play in 1972 - the first year he taught second grade.
His beloved Ellen wrote the script and his two young daughters were the narrators and he still talks about how successful the play was and how he got a standing ovation so I knew this would be a good movie for him!


We're laughing because we were early!
Nearly unheard of for us.


Amber found us sipping cocktails in the lounge.


The movie was a big hit with everyone!
I enjoyed watching Louis Dean enjoy it!
Granddad liked the movie and he loved the company.
Kailey sat on one side of him and Logan on the other between me and her granddad.


Sharing a movie together as a family is a lot of fun.
Just look at all the smiles!
Harrison was there but was off being a boy so I held on to the girls for an extra photo.

Summer and Rayne came over to spend the night and help me decorate.


She was a trouper and helped me decorate a few trees before she went to bed.


I really appreciated her help!

This morning we had a tea party for breakfast.


Bread and butter sandwiches (with a sprinkle of raw sugar), ham and cheese, tea cakes and cookies, bananas and oranges. I sipped peach tea along with Rayne as well as my morning coffee.


This made a fun breakfast!

While I got dressed, Rayne watched Daniel Boone with Granddad.
She told me that he paused the program TWICE to talk to her and explain what was going on in the program. Rayne said, "In Daniel Boone, the good guys always wins and there's a happy ending. Plus there really was a Daniel Boone!"


Then he showed her some of his guitars and talked music!

After that we got busy.
We concentrated on the front porch today.


While Rayne, Granddad and I worked in the front, Summer built a fire in the back yard to grill hot dogs on.


Hot dogs and Bugles!


I love a Rayne day!


They left late this afternoon and there were hugs all the way around!


While I didn't finish the porch, I got the big things done!
Poor Louis Dean sat on the bench and marveled that after the mesh ribbon, I added gold cording.
He thought I was through but I pulled out the gold rimmed wired ribbon.
Tomorrow I will dress the bench and clean it all up.
But I'll be doing that AFTER our Thanksgiving celebration in Fort Worth with family.

I haven't had a chance to say thank you for all the birthday wishes y'all sent Louis Dean!
He had so much fun reading and responding to the many comments!


I took him out to Saltgrass Steakhouse where he accidentally ordered two big beers!
The server thought he ordered one for me but I don't drink beer.
What to do but drink them both!


He said that steak was the best he'd eaten in a long time!
The bonus was having such a sweet cute server!

I'm going to jump in the shower and head to bed.
Tomorrow will come early and I need to get up and put the ham in the oven.

Wishing you all a very........


And I leave you with this great quote from Melody Beattie......


18 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Happy Thanksgiving Linda and LD - and everyone you are joining for Thanksgiving.
Hugs.
Joy

Ginny Hartzler said...

This quote is great! I spent a long time looking for something to say on our church prayer & info line. Could find nothing I liked, so just quoted a bible verse. But this is IT! Your porch is glorious, and Rayne is beautiful.

Kathy said...

Your days are always so full and interesting. I know today will be too. Happy thanksgiving to you and all your family.

Bluebird49 said...

We're having our Thanksgiving dinner Friday. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Rayne is so pretty!

Deb said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sweet LadyπŸπŸ¦ƒ

The Feminine Energy said...

What preciously wonderful pictures, dear Linda, and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Love, Andrea xoxo

Vee said...

I have heard some interesting commentary on the new Grinch movie.,Yours is, by far, the most complimentary. I may have to give it a go, after all. I am a fan of both the cartoon version and the Jim Carrey version. How fun that Louis Dean is a producer!

Have a wonderful day with your family both today and tomorrow. I love this time of year when your home takes on that Narnia magical quality to the 10th power. So glad that you had help!

Happy Thanksgiving!

MadSnapper said...

first things first! I LOVE blackened hotdogs and my mouth is drooling. so glad you all got to watch the grinch together as a family and everyone looks so happy.. Rayne is beautiful and even prettier through those lights. you have much to be thankful for in your beautiful family and being so close with them.. Happy Thanksgiving.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I spent yesterday with two of my girls, and it was such a good day! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Changes in the wind said...

Family makes all the difference in our lives and yours is full. Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving Day !

peggy said...

I would have loved to have seen that play! Thanks for all the lovely posts you give us!

Debbie said...

how exciting for ld about the grinch play...of course the movie would have a special place in his heart!! i can't wait to see the movie in theaters!! the girls look great but i kept thinking, where is logan. it is hard to get boys to participate in pictures!!

have a wonderful day today linda, i hope you get to eat lots of turkey!!

Carol W. said...

Happy and blessed Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

it all looks wonderful and I hope you have the verybest Thanksgiving!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Thanksgiving you two!

Carole said...

Happy thanksgiving, Linda. Wishing you and your family everythihng good. Cheers from Carole's chatter

Robyn said...

Looks like it was a wonderful day! I want to get out to the see the movie, everyone I know says it was really good, Im just afraid I"ll be disappointed because I"m so used to the Christmas cartoon I grew up with. I hope not :)