Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Faces of Thanksgiving.....

Thanksgiving in Fort Worth is a tradition for our family. 
For many years Deanie and Charlie hosted and then Nita and Mike took the baton several years ago.
The food is always delicious and there are lots of hugs and smiles.
I missed a few people....I was a little off my game and thought I had pictures of everyone.

Some years there are more faces than other years.....these are the faces of Thanksgiving 2018.


I am especially grateful that Summer is feeling as good as she looks.
She has always sucked it up and smiled but a mother knows the difference.


Nita, Deanie, Leah and me......



Mother/Daughter
Both are beauties.



Leah and Patrick.......they make me smile.
They are as much in love today as the day they wed. 
Perhaps even more so.


We had a special wine for a special day.
Bev and Brian gifted us these when we were visiting them in British Columbia in September.
Delicious!


Happy Thanksgiving!!


That's our Leah!!


Isn't Trish beautiful??


Five strong women right here!


Lots of hugging going on today!
This is my son Ben as soon as he walked in.


He and Nita have a special bond.


It's always so good to be with family.


Nita, Deanie, and Trish.


Charlie and Deanie's grandchildren.....Nathan, Tyler and Andie.
Bailey and Jordon were there, too, as were their parents. Oops on not getting their pics!


It was especially wonderful to have Sabrina with us.
She does a good job of keeping up with family even as she lives in Puerto Rico.


I love this photo!
My first born - daughter of my youth - and my last born - son of my old age.
55 and 30 years old.


Mike is the calmest guy I know.
I don't think I have ever seen him ruffled!


Okay! I did get some pics of Kim and Allan and David and Charity.
They belong to Deanie and Charlie but we all claim them!

It was a leisurely afternoon with appetizers and drinks followed by a big Thanksgiving Feast and then desserts all around! Charity brought a big sack of plastic bowls with lids and everyone helped themselves to leftovers to take home!

I fixed plates for Mother and Lillian and Benjamin followed us over to the nursing home.
Lillian was just leaving with her grandson who was taking her to the hospital to visit her daughter. 
Ann is on the liver transplant list and I know Lillian was so happy to get to go see her. She is in the hospital in Weatherford.


Mother was asleep when we got there but she woke up and recognized Benjamin.
It was a good visit. I read the 23rd Psalm and had prayer with her before we left.


I think of all the photos taken today, that this is my favorite one.
Benjamin holding his Grandma's hand and telling her what a good Grandma she's been to him.

My heart is full as I write this journal entry tonight.
My oldest son and his family are in a cabin up in the mountains of New Mexico.
He called me this evening for a little phone chat and to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving.
Dean and Sherry called right after we got home this afternoon as they were on their way to Roy and Ruth Ann's farm. They asked, "When will we see you again?" 
I whispered my answer to them saying if I don't say it loudly maybe it will really happen this time!

And then this happened.....





17 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Such a good day for you all! Sweet memories together!

Bluebird49 said...

I know you all had a wonderful, blessed day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Everyone is so happy, laughing and smiling! You look beautiful, and so does Summer. I love her pretty blouse! Looks like a perfect family Thanksgiving! Yes, it has been so long since you went to the ranch that I can't even remember when it was!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

A very good day. Hugs.
Joy

The Feminine Energy said...

Awwww Linda, such a sweet day! I'm so happy for you and yes, beautiful strong women abound in your blog post!! Lovingly, Andrea XOXO

Kathy said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving and one you and your family will certainly remember. Good food and good company are just perfect. So glad you and Ben got a chance to see your mom too. Hopefully that visit to the ranch will happen soon. Your life is so full.

Vee said...

A joy to see so many of the precious people in your life. You do a great job taking photos. One can see the love. ๐Ÿงก

Susie said...

Linda, Beautiful women in your family, all of you. I loved seeing Summer and Ben together. Knowing that your mom knew Ben made my heart smile. I wish my g. daughter could meet your Ben...hehe. Glad you had family togetherness for the holiday. Blessings to all of you, xoxo,love you, Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Looks like a perfect day! We had a quiet day and watched the Cowboys win...that was fun! Sweet hugs, Diane

MadSnapper said...

so glad to hear the cowboys won, bob has it on DVD to watch this morning or afternoon, he will be happy. they are HIS team and he has never been to Texas, so go figure. I loved all your family fotos, I mean what is not to love? everyone is so pretty and handsome and happy and full of joy....

Robyn said...

What a wonderful day and so great to be around so much family and friends.. The photos and words about Mother were just so incredibly touching.. How blessed you all are.. Thank you for sharing your day!
XO

Rain said...

Happy Thanksgiving Linda :) It's so nice to see photos of your friends and family, everyone is so happy :) Thanks for sharing!

Chatty Crone said...

Glad you had a terrific Thanksgiving!

Carole said...

wonderful post, thanks, Linda!

jujupage1 said...

Great post. Happy Thanksgiving!

Changes in the wind said...

So much to be thankful for, family and friends and great food and laughter and hugs. That makes for a great day.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a blessing to see all those happy smiling faces! Thanksgiving is meant for family and you do have a wonderful one. You can see the love in each one shining through. So glad you had a very happy day and made so many happy memories together.