Monday, November 19, 2018

Monday and the Winner of the Santa Painting is........

Thank you all so very much for the prayers and lovely comforting words about Reaoma.
I read them all over and over again.
Today has been rough. Yesterday was rough.
I guess it takes time to adjust to real life again.
I went to sleep last night at 2:30 and woke up at 4:30 to start the prep for my procedure this morning.
As I was sitting in bed drinking that poison potion, I reached for my prayer journal and pen, opened it up and immediately started writing my prayer to God for Pam and Reaoma.
I admit to tearing up and then I went ahead with my prayers.
Reaoma no longer needs them but Pam does. It just dawned on me that I have not asked God to comfort my heart. I will do that and I am so grateful that y'all prayed it for me.


Reaoma was in the Red Hat Society and red and purple were her favorite colors. 
And yellow.
 I wore a pair of her purple socks to the surgical center this morning along with my purple scarf and comfy black clothes. The procedure was routine and went well.
I had 5 hours sleep in the last 48 so I came home exhausted.
Louis Dean fixed a big plate of bacon and eggs, hash browns and toast, and two cups of good flavored coffee heavy with cream. I ate more than I should have and then went to bed for a three hour nap!


I still don't feel well. I have been freezing cold for two days - which is totally unlike me.
So I bundled up in front of the fireplace and we watched Christmas in Graceland.

I already have the electric blanket cranked up and am going to crawl into bed as soon as I post the winner of the Santa painting.

There were 168 entries and I used the Random Number Generator.....





Congratulations to Bernice!
I will finish the painting as soon as possible, get it dry and hope to have it in the mail by November 30th! I'll post a photo of the painting once it is all finished.

Well, that was fun!
Now I am going to put myself in bed!

And before I go, I just want to say I love and appreciate you......every one of you!
Thank you for being there for me.....


22 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

You've really had a lot going on these past few weeks! I hope you are getting some good rest tonight. <3

Ginny Hartzler said...

I had hoped you were taking good care of yourself, and I see that you have! I'm so glad your procedure went well, it will take awhile to recover. This is such a good picture of you and Raeoma. Congrats to Bernice!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Get warm, be cozy, sleep and then sleep until you catch up. Hugs and Love Linda. A precious photo of you and Reaoma. Prayers too for Pam.
Joy

Kathy said...

Congratulations to Bernice!
We all appreciate you Linda. I hope you crawl under that warm blanket and get some good sleep. You have had a rough time and prayers and rest are the best things you can do for yourself.

Vee said...

Sleep is healing, nerves need unjangling, so warmth and comfort and being cared for by Louis Dean that way with nourishing, hot food, all minister. Hope that you are sleeping the sleep of the blessed and cozy. There’s nothing much worse than being chilled to the bone. Here’s to a good Tuesday.

Susie said...

Linda, You need some down time...I know we all say that and it is easier said than done. But we wish you would rest up for a while. You have beautiful memories of Reaoma. When our friends leave and we know they are at peace, we will love them and remember them. We all want to be loved and remembered. Praying for Pam and you.
Hope you get good reports for the procedure. That is an annoying bit of business isn't it? We go today for Ted's results, keep us in your prayers please my friend. Blessings to you and LD, xoxo, Susie

MimiG said...

I hope you get some rest now and begin feeling better. I must admit, when I saw my name at the top, I got excited! And, then I saw Winner by Bernice, so I must say Congratulations to her...
You may have caught a bug, seems to have begun around here already, take warm and dry. Prayers continue for you and Pam and the people at the home where Raeoma lived. I'm sure they're missing her too..

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your body and emotions have been stressed and grieving, it’s no wonder you don’t feel well. Your doing just the right things, food and rest. I’ve been praying and I know that God is giving you and Pam the grace you each need. You are loved.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do hope you are feeling better, both physically and emotionally too. Not matter that you were expecting it to happen, the death of a loved one shakes us through and through. May the dear Lord comfort you and may your heart be filled with nothing but warm memories.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congrats to your lucky winner! You are so amazing to share your art! Hope you get some rest this week! Take care of yourself! I know this is a sad sad loss even when we know it's coming. Hugs, Diane

Heather said...

I am so sorry for your loss Linda. Saying extra prayers for you and Reoma's family. Big hugs from Michigan. Love, Heather

Changes in the wind said...

Love the picture of you and Raeoma, what a great friendship. Am glad your procedure went well and you are done with it and yes rest is in order. Maybe you will get to go to the ranch soon.

MadSnapper said...

congratulations to Bernice on her win.. love the pic of you and Raeoma. hope the prayers have comforted your heart and that you are warm today and not freezing. I do not like to be cold. glad the procedure went well.

Tina said...

I honestly don't know how you did all of that Linda! No wonder you're tired and freezing, your body is telling you to slow down and take a rest! You were such a wonderful friend to Reaoma and I know you've been a comfort to Pam. I'm glad your procedure went well and now please take good care of yourself in the next few days! Have a great Tuesday!

Bernice said...

Linda, I hope you are getting much needed rest you need. Happy to hear your test went well, I had trouble drinking that stuff,somehow managed to get most of it down.
Your friendship with Raeoma was so special, God will reward you for the love and attention you gave her,I loved the pictures of you both.
I am soooo happy to be the winner of the Santa painting it will be treasured.
Thank you all for your warm Congratulations.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry about your dear friend - I do know how that feels.
I also know the old test procedure.
Hope you are warm and feeling better today.
sandie

The Feminine Energy said...

Cuddle up and rest, dear soul. It is YOUR time to be comforted. Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers to you. Lovingly, Andrea xoxo

Carole said...

Missed it by one! Must buy a lotto ticket. Cheers - hope you start to feel better tomorrow

Anonymous said...

So very sorry you have lost a precious friend and hope good memories
will help your heavy heart at this time. Take good care after your
procedure and get good rest. Love you, Phyllis

Hootin Anni said...

I'm so jealous! One of your Santa paintings would fit perfectly with my Santa collection! Congrats to the winner (to keep from sounding like a sore loser...lol) I'm just kidding of course.

Feel better soon Linda. Enjoy Thanksgiving if you can!

Hootin Anni said...

I'm so jealous! One of your Santa paintings would fit perfectly with my Santa collection! Congrats to the winner (to keep from sounding like a sore loser...lol) I'm just kidding of course.

Feel better soon Linda. Enjoy Thanksgiving if you can!

Carol said...

Take care of yourself! Congratulations to the winner but I am jealous as well. I had high hopes of winning this year and had a spot all picked out.