Monday, February 12, 2024

Smoked Chocolate Chip Cookies and Super Bowl Sunday!

 Sherry usually works from her home in Mart but occasionally she comes into the home office here in Irving for special meetings. She arrived Thursday afternoon and we made some special chocolate chip cookies!


There were TWO secret ingredient!



Dean and Sherry have been smoking cheeses for several years now and are moving on to smoking other things.


Sherry brought a bag of smoked chocolate chips and pecans!
You can definitely taste SOMETHING even if you don't quite know what it is!
It just gives it a more depth to the taste!

I went out to do errands on Friday afternoon and arrived home just as Sherry was pulling up after work. She helped me unload my groceries and put up the perishables and then we went for a walk!
Ilene and Louis Dean, Sherry and I .....and we made it a good 2 miles!

We celebrated with iced tea and cookies in the gazebo!
Ilene was our taste tester and once we told her about smoking the pecans and chips - then she could identify the flavor.

Saturday afternoon our favorite plumber came to clean out the kitchen sinks!
They have been draining ever so slowly.....


The sewing room used to be a patio and the clean out is in there!


Louis Dean was my Knight in Shining Overalls and crawled under the table and unhinged the leaf in order to make room for Mark the plumber!


Louis Dean was more than happy to have a professional come over and fix our problem!


No pic of Mark but this was his workspace!

I watched church online - Jimmy Evans preached about the power of words.
I'm so thankful for Fellowship Church!

Super Bowl party prep was underway!


I made potato salad a bit different this time.
Mayo, a little sugar, dill weed, garlic salt and pepper, red bell pepper, celery, and purple onion.


It was really good!


Brownies and baked beans, pepper poppers amd


lots of Hot Wings!


Brenda and Billy brought chips and queso, drinks and cookies! 


We were all ready to snack our way through the first half of the Super Bowl.


It was an exciting game!!

We had such a good time and watched with bated breath until the last second!!

*Source*

Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs!


Summer had planned to arrive from Arkansas in time for the game, but, alas, she had car trouble and had to be towed from Mount Pleasant, Texas here to Irving.

Brenda and Billy picked her up and dropped her off before they headed home.


She took an Uber to the airport very EARLY this morning and is now in Puerto Rico!!



Our Monday activity was a routine visit to Louis Dean's primary care doctor.
He got a good report - although we do have to make an appointment with a podiatrist!

We did errands on our way home and spent the rest of today 'piddling' - Louis Dean in his room and I doing homemaking things.

It was chilly today so Ilene and I decided to do a Classical Stretch exercise from TV.


My brother Buster's birthday is on the 14th and my gift arrived a couple of days early!
Isn't he handsome?


He's the King of the GRILL!!

God has blessed me with my Kansas City family and I am excited about my sister Rita and brother-in-law arriving tomorrow!
In 2021 Nita and Mike took me to Kansas City to meet them.
In March 2022, they came here to visit and meet my other siblings.
February 2023 - Jesse and I flew to Kansas City for a family celebration and baptism and then in November, Buster and Anna Maria came to visit us.
I love that we see one another at least once every year!



“The power of the spoken word is one of life's greatest mysteries. All you will ever be or accomplish hinges on how you choose to govern what comes out of your mouth.”








12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope Summer's care repair doesn't cost a fortune.

Anonymous said...

I love that your family expanded when you found your birth father’s family! God is good!

Your Super Bowl party food looks so good!

Deanna Rabe

Anonymous said...

Y'all are always making things fun, even if the sink leaks! You have real talent, you know! Love, Trudy

Donna said...

Glad everyone had a good time...We stopped watching pro games when they all decided "taking the knee" was a good idea...
Those cookies sound good...
Enjoy the week!
hugs
Donna

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I enjoyed your post and seeing you and your family/friends having such a fun time together. We had a super bowl party at our church, and it was fun too, although hubby and I came home after the half and he finished watching it at home while I got ready for bed. I guess I missed the best part, but my eyes and back were ready for bed. We still had fun. Love the pics of your brother in his grilling chef's outfit! Such fun. Glad Summer got there okay and is now having a good time in P.R. Take care and enjoy the rest of this week! Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!

photowannabe said...

I love how you make a Party out of every thing. How fun to be seeing family. There is nothing like that.
Ummm, you food looks divine and I'm sorry Summer's car died. I hope it isn't fatal...
Hugs on LD's good Dr. appt. He just keeps on looking more handsome and younger all the time.
Enjoy your next guests and can't wait to hear all about it.
Sue

Rita said...

I hope the car can be fixed easily and not too expensive. Car troubles are such a pain. And I hope your plumber got the leak fixed and you'll have no more issues with that. :) What a fun party. I don't watch sports but I know so many people love them. It is good to have time with family and friends above all else. Happy days!! :)

Susie said...

Poor sweet Summer. Still smiling, the girl has grit plus. Linda I was enjoying the fact that you guys walked two miles, kudos. Love Buster's outfit. LOL I saw the opening, half time and the tie up and then saw the big game results on my morning news. LOL Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

BeachGypsy said...

did Summer arrive in Puerto Rico okay? I hope so! Gosh, the brownies and the cookies look DELICIOUS! Buster's present is cute! HAPPY HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MY SWEET FRIEND!

Debbie said...

those cookies and that potato salad sounds delish. i made some mental notes on the potato salad ingredients. that recipe would make an awesome chicken salad too!! i LOVE your recipes on paper, they are so amazing. the brownies look good too, i really like homemade brownies.
they game was awesome and i was so happy the chiefs won!!

words have power, they are so powerful!!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Looks like you all had a good time.
The potato salad sounds yummy. Imay try to replicate it.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The smoked chocolate chip cookies looked good, Linda. Too bad about Summer's car issues, but she always manages to smile regardless, and that made me smile as well.