Thursday, February 8, 2024

Tuesday's Treasures and Wednesday's Dinner

I do love my Tuesdays with Brenda!

We decided to change it up a bit - and I drove over to her house and we went to Thrift Giant on Irving Blvd. We were shopping there when I decided to check on my app to see where the truck and  LD's phone were. Alas, his phone was at Auto Zone and NOT answering his phone.
Turns out his phone was on silent and he was at Auto Zone to buy some batteries.
Once I finally got him on the phone and knew he was back home - I relaxed and enjoyed my treasure hunting!

Brenda and I shopped Thrift Giant and then Texas Thrift.....


This is my best treasure!
A Chico top - found by Brenda!


Originally $99 and reduced to $49.99 and I bought it for $8!


A super cool super soft top.....


and a lacy cover! Both found by Brenda!


I found this coffee cup all by myself 


Bet it cost more than this before I found it!


A pretty lemon wreath for the gazebo....


and this sturdy metal basket now hangs in there under the wreath!


Louis Dean loved the bird house I got him.
He will paint it and put a perch under the upper middle hole.


I love all these pretty finds! The spoon rest is hanging for now.....


A beautiful fall tablecloth and two fall flower bouquets!
They are already packed and stored away until August!


I am loving black and white and grabbed this the moment my eyes landed on it!
What truth is in this sign!
I DO and I HAVE!


The check out lady so LOVED this that I was tempted to give it to her.
But selfishly - I agreed with her that is was beautiful, paid for it and brought it home.


Those two black metal pieces were just $3 - and I am loving recreating our bedroom!


Again! Brenda found this rug and KNEW I could use it in our bedroom!
Right in front of our back door to the patio.....


She also found THIS!
What a perfect pillow for our bed.
Now I just need one more.


The beginning of a grouping.....
I've since added French themed ephemera prints to the frames. 


Brenda also found these two black and white place mats.
While not French - they do proclaim Christ as Lord and I love them!

On Wednesday - Louis Dean asked me to come in and see where he is keeping his billfold!


I should have known he was planning on going somewhere Tuesday because he asked me for his wallet! I am trying to keep it in my purse so he doesn't keep losing it!


My Louis Dean is his very own  version of John Wayne!

Wednesday was a Stay at Home Day!
I'm still taking Christmas down - this year I am NOT trashing the whole house in the process!
Room by room, little by little, step by step.


Roasted veggies are always good!


Buttered seasoned sliced mushrooms were good!


And my mother's meatloaf!
No recipe. Just the ingredients I remember and it always turns out!


Not a Tuesday Treasure but a Brenda's gift!
I printed off a French paper and put it in this beautiful silver frame.
Thank you, Brenda!


I finally found the painting I did for my friend, Tim!
We will be having him and his new bride for dinner soon and I will give this to him!


I close this night's journal with this pic of my Christmas painting for 2024!
Can you spy how many 'critters' are in this??


18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have spotted four pets in your painting so far! I love the tops you got! And your lemon wreath. I love what you are doing with the French black & white. I would love to do this as well, but I would mess it up horribly! It takes an artist to decorate this well.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I always love to see what treasures you find when you go thrifting. If I ever get down to your part of Texas, you will have to take me to Texas Thrift and Thrift Giant. I love your 2024 Santa picture. Have a good week. See you again soon!

Anonymous said...

I spotted five critters in your picture. Jan

Teresa said...

What a bargain that top is! How much did you pay for the lacy cover?

jackie said...

The painting is beautiful. I spied 5 furry beings!

Deanna Rabe said...

That Santa painting is great! Very cute! You'll do a great job with it.

You had a great thrifting haul! And I like what you're doing with your bedroom!

LD's holder for his bilfold is cute!

photowannabe said...

My goodness, treasures galore..what finds..you will look beautiful in all of them and that meatloaf dinner ....yummm...
I am loving your Santa picture for 2024. I count 6 sweet critters.
Sue

Debby said...

I see 5.
I’m in a black and white phase as well.

Rita said...

I can't imagine a $99 top for $8! You get the best deals! So many finds for your black and white theme.
The food looks delicious.
I see three kittens and two puppies. Just love this painting!!
Have a peaceful weekend. :)

MadSnapper said...

2 puppies 3 kittens, nice santa, love it. the 8 dollar top is perfect for valentines day.. love all the black and white treasures. they are all fitting together . I use mothers non recipe for meatloaf, bob loves it. I like it ok but would never cook it if not for bob. also now i have eat a tiny bit of it and it still bothers my ibs sometimes

MadSnapper said...

forgot to say, God bless the inventers of those trackers.

Donna said...

Yes...five critters! Too cute!
Love that deal on the blouse!! Great savings.
Smiling at LD's sign...
Happy weekend!
hugs
Donna

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

More great thrift finds from you and Brenda and who wouldn't like such a markdown on that top from $99 to $8. The 2024 Santa painting looks like it will be another wonderful one and I also counted 3 kittens and 2 puppies.

Granny Marigold said...

Once again you found great thrifty bargains! I need a friend like Brenda to find all the best buys; last 2 times I went I found nothing that I wanted.
Have a blessed Sunday 💖

Luann said...

I love the French bedroom theme and totally love this 2024 Christmas painting choice with 3 cats and 2 dogs. LOL I mistook the white and brown dog for a cat at first :-) Perhaps I need to get my eyes checked and glasses adjusted. HA

16 blessings'mom said...

It's always an adventure to read your blog, I love your thrift store finds! The Santa picture is beautiful, I love the furry friends. :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love, love, love your Santa painting.
Looks like Brenda found lots of things for you to buy, haha. Does she buy anything too?
What a great bargain the Chico top.

Anonymous said...

I see 5 beautiful critters and Santa, taking a well-deserved rest! This is an amazing painting!