Friday, September 15, 2023

Thursday With Fort Worth Family and Pacemaker Surgery Scheduled!

I love social outings but the pressure of getting somewhere on TIME weighs heavy on me!
Louis Dean and I were to get over to Mike's in Fort Worth around noon.....
Due to phone calls and computer mishaps and various and other sundry things - I was running late.
So I sent a text to Joni - family friend who is more FAMILY than friend - and said we would meet her at 1:00 instead of 12:30!
We drove in the blessed rain to Mike's house and then he drove us to Los Vaqueros!


I was SO happy that she was late instead of me!
I have a saying to all who are invited to our home -
'You can always be LATE but don't ever be EARLY!'


We as a group of siblings have met here often over the years!


We had such a great visit catching up on each other and simply enjoying being together!
We talked of Nita and of the past and of what's happening in our lives now.
It's a good thing to spend time with family and it had been too long since we got together.

Deanie and Charlie were already committed to other plans that day so we will be going back to see them soon.
I left Charlie's August birthday quilt at Mike's and he will pick it up from there.


After lunch - and THANK YOU, Joni for treating us - Mike took us over to see Lonnie for w visit!
He is so much fun and always has a good line to anything we talk about!
Next visit I intend to stay longer - maybe take in lunch!
We had to leave so I could beat the traffic to get home.
Back when I was younger - that would not have been an issue!


Back at Mike's house, I went next door to Sweet Sheryl's and left her a goodie bag on her door knob. 


Then I went out to the the back yard and spent a few minutes looking at Nita's Garden and praying.
Losing her is still the hardest thing I have ever gone through but I am loving every memory we made together and every photo of her. I will never regret taking so many pictures of my loved ones!


There were four of us growing up together and now we are three.....


At Leah and Patrick's wedding in 2013.....


Nita and the love of her life Mike in 2019.
Every photo and every memory is so precious!

Home for what has become a regular nap in my day!
And we got here before the heavy traffic!

I rallied around when I got up and managed to clean and decorate the guest room for Fall!


I just love this room!


It will be ready for when Summer comes next week and then I just talked to Grandson Robert and he is hoping he and his Aunt Ruth Ann might come for a visit soon!
Oh, how I would LOVE that!!!

This morning (Friday) I woke up on the early side and was anticipating a call from the surgeon's office to schedule the procedure for Louis Dean.


Sure enough!
Right before I took my coffee and devotional things outside for my Quiet Time, the doctor's office called. We are now scheduled for Tuesday and pre op on Monday  and I have already done the online check in for both!
YES!! I am so excited to get this done and think it will make a huge difference for him in his thinking and memory!

Since he's going to have an overnight stay in the hospital - we had pedicures and manicures done this afternoon!


Here he is pulling on his shoes!
Lovely Nails treat us like celebrates!


I don't often get manicures but I did today.
I do art and dig in the dirt pulling weeds so I will have to use garden gloves now!

After I publish tonight's journal entry - I will be shopping Amazon for new t-shirts, socks, underwear and pajama pants for Louis Dean!
That's what we DO when we have a hospital stay!









13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The cartoon is cute! Your guest room looks so good and fall-like! I will be praying for Tuesday, it is a GOOD thing!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Prayers that all will go well for Louis Dean. I know this will be a good thing for him. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Donna said...

So glad to see Nita's little garden made it through all this terrible heat! So pretty...
Sending prayer for LD's surgery...shouldn't take long. Take a good book to read and it'll be over before you know it...
Big Hug
Donna

MadSnapper said...

I like seeing the three of you and the four of you photos. it is a blessing to have so many photos of all of your family. we did not have a camera for most of my life and when we did get the brownie, no money to develop film. so not many photos around, like 900 photos of my dog. ha ha. prayers for the surgery and that no one sees his new underware. that just made me laugh out loud, shopping for underware for one night stay in hospital. you would not like me visitng because i am always early, never been late to anything, it is not in my dna.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll keep him in my prayers and hope everything goes well. Take care of yourself to my friend. I have a swarm of bees on my blog today if you get a chance to stop by! Happy weekend to you both!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Glad you had a lovely day and time with your loved ones, and that you made it home before the traffic...I can relate, although where we live we rarely have any real traffic. When we have to go to the city, however, we always try to time it to miss peak traffic times for sure. Yes, I say we can never have too many pictures of our times together with loved ones and dear friends. Life is short...we need to celebrate with our loved ones every chance we can. Praying now for LD and you as he has his surgery next week. Praying it will be successful in every way, and that it will truly help him feel better! May God be with you and give you peace of mind. (((hugs)))

photowannabe said...

Thrilled that the procedure is scheduled and set for Tuesday. I know its going to make a huge difference in Louis Dean (and you too)
Praying for both of you and for the surgeons too.
Your den looks gorgeous and I am so glad you could spend time with family. It always boosts the joy .
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you had a lovely time with family. Great pictures past and present.

Debby said...

Nice family.

So happy the pacemaker has been scheduled for LD. My father-in-law had one and lived to be 94!

Rita said...

What a lovely visit. I liked seeing the photos--old and new.
Prayers on Tuesday that all will go well and Louis Dean will feel much better.
:) :)

Wanda said...

What a lovely post. Every picture, every story. Each filled with love and that "special touch" you give everything you do.

Thrilled Louis Dean has a date for the pacemaker scheduled. Yeah. Will be holding you in our prayers that is will go perfectly. Praying God will do a great an mighty work in Louis Deans body and give the surgeons blessed and skillful hands.

Sending prayers and love!

Judy said...

Sounds like you had the best of times with your family! Praying that all goes well on Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Like Madsnapper, we didn't have a camera, so I have few pictures, and they were taken at relatives' or school! I am enjoying yours!
Loved seeing Kailey's potholder, (wherever I saw it. I think I have had another slight stroke -- my memories worse.)
Praying for Louis Dean's surgery, and praying for you to keep posting so I can see what you are doing!
Your fall bedroom is pretty. I wish I was able to redo ours!
Love you! Trudy