Monday, September 25, 2023

Celebrating my 75th Birthday!!!

 Summer came in from Arkansas a few days early for my birthday so we could have some time together!!

She worked on our wonky front door locks on Thursday
and then we went out to do errands on Friday.


She did the fine tuning of the Front Door Project and I started preparations for a good Friday night dinner!


Our long time friend, Jimmy, came bearing the makings for a couple of exotic cocktails!
It was so much fun to visit and catch up!


We had a great evening together!


I made a big salad with everything in it but the kitchen sink!
Notice the Crispy Jalapeno pieces as a salad topping!
From Trader Joe's and so good!


Grilled pork chops, creamy cheese potatoes, garlic bread and ----


sweet potatoes!


Not pictured is the crockpot of yummy baked beans!
Magic ingredient is the A&W Root Beer!

We enjoyed our dinner and went off to bed after watching an early Season One episode of NCIS!
We left the 'kids' up to visit!

Saturday was a slow easy going day!
Along about 2:00 I took a shower and dressed.
Amber told me to expect her at 4:00 and I KNEW she had Party Plans up her sleeve!

Turns out all of my children did!


Amber, Mike and the kids swooped in with party making in tow!
Mike put this GIGANTIC 75 up in the den!


THIS went up in the kitchen and then Louis Dean and I were told to remain in the den while they put a party together!

The guests started to arrive and went in to help.


Let the evening begin!


The girls brought their band instruments and provided us with some good entertainment!!
Logan plays the Baritone - which has another name that I can't remember!


As a grandmother I could listen to them play all night!


Kailey plays the trombone and I love seeing her do it!



She would play this over and over because I would laugh every single time!


Trystan plays the oboe.....


While we stayed out in the den listening to the girls practice and visiting with one another,
Amber, Summer, Brenda and the guys were putting the party together!!


 Christmas Eve the girls will be doing a concert!
They have just had their instruments for a few weeks!

Once the food was all ready, we were called to come out to the kitchen!


Wow!


Such good food!!!


All set up and ready to eat!


My sweet Amber ordered everything from Costco and they all split the bill four ways!
I didn't need to do one single thing!


We took lots of pictures and had a truly wonderful evening!


It was so much FUN!!!
Everyone was all smiles from beginning to end!

After we ate, I opened all my cards and gifts!


From Trystan, Logan and Harrison!
I didn't get a pic of Kailey's but I will and can add it later as an edit.


The cards were my favorite!


Each one was special and touched my heart!


From the 'Boy!'

From Kailey!

From Logan!


From Billy and Brenda!


I LOVE this cup!!!

Presents and cake and EVERYTHING!!!


Next up?? NUTS!!!


There were so many of us we had to play in shifts!


It's an intense game!


But we all had a great time and everyone was a good sport!


NUTS!!! 
It's so STESSFUL but so much FUN!!!

The last thing we did was to take a group photo!
Amber brought her tripod and Mike had his super great phone and Jesse is a great photographer!
It was dark outside by this time so we gathered in the gazebo and Jesse placed the lights in the proper places to  get a good pic.
It was really HOT outside as it had been 101 degrees that day!
We were all sweating and not really comfortable - and still not one word of complaint or grumbling!!!


I will treasure this photo for the rest of my life and will keep the memories of this time always in my heart!

All four of my children and six of my eight grandchildren plus Sam's girlfriend, Nora, and Jesse's girlfriend, Rachel.

This was the very best birthday party EVER!!!

When everyone left, there was not one bit of clean up for me to do and they even took the trash out with them!!!
It was a magical gathering of friends and family!

Thank you ALL for the sweet cards, emails, messages and Facebook greetings for my birthday!!!
I love all of you!!!


25 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, I am totally gobsmacked!!! EVERYONE made it!!! And what an awesome entire group photo!! everything looks wonderful. Happy Birthday to a gal who has given me plenty of inspiration to be my best self!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you. It looks like you had a wonderful day and the happiest of birthdays. I hope you have many more just like this one. You are truly blessed.

Kathy said...

I saw the pictures on Facebook and the videos on YouTube but this is even better with you commenting on everything. Happy, happy birthday! I'm so glad you had all your family and friends with you. What a wonderful day. I can't imagine anything better.

MadSnapper said...

that family photo is amazing, that Jesse got all of you in one shot and everyone looks great, so hard to do with that many people in one photo. now what wall will you be hanging that one on? Happy Birthday again and what a wonderful party and family you have.. love the 3 x 25 cup...

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Happy 🎂Birthday wishes, Linda, from Grenville and Beatrice and what a wonderful celebration 🎉🎈from your family and friends. You are a special lady and glad you had such a great party. Celebrate the entire year!

Rita said...

Happy birthday! Looks and sounds like an awesome day! So glad everyone was there to celebrate. Loved the videos! And they even cleaned it all up before they left. Wonderful day!! :)

Arlene G said...

Looks like the perfect day to me, Linda. Love that mug!! So cute and yes I laughed at the trombone too!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday sweet lady! Looks like a fabulous party! Lots of hugs to you all! 25 years old....sounds good! I'll take one of those mugs too! heehee!

Changes in the wind said...

Happy Birthday to you and what a great party.

Donna said...

You had the best birthday a girl could ask for! Your family is awesome! Love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Linda! You are beautiful inside and out. Dee

16 blessings'mom said...

Happy Birthday, Linda, you are a rich rich woman, to have such a loving and thoughtful family, and fun too! I love this post!!!!

photowannabe said...

You had the very best birthday EVER !!!
Your Amber is such an organizer and can pull the parties off in great style.
Adored the entertainment from the quads.
How wonderful to not have to clean up a thing (even the trash)
Happy 75 again and I do love your cup too.
Sue

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a beautiful family and wonderful birthday party! So filled with love and joy and happy family times. You are truly blessed! Happy Happy 75th birthday, my September birthday friend!! We are one day and 2 years apart! God bless you always!!!!

Susie said...

Happy birthday Linda. It looks like it was a truly wonderful day filled with love. So nice of your family and friends. Blessings to all, xoxo, love you, Susie
p.s. love the cup

Deanna Rabe said...

How wonderful! Such a great party!

Pam said...

Happy birthday! You are truly blessed with such sweet family and friends!

Grace & Peace,
Pam

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda! Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a lovely day. Your family and friends really spoiled you. I hope the coming year is a good one for you and Louis Dean! See you again soon!

Jan said...

What a wonderful celebration and beautiful family!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed your special Day!
hugs
Donna

Wanda said...

Oh my goodness what a perfect 75th birthday. You have such a beautiful, thoughtful and generous family. What a special party for a dear lady who deserved every special moment and gift. You wear 75 really well, especially when you got there is three "25's" HaHa Darling mug!!

I was glad to see Louis Dean in the background. It must have been a little overwhelming for him.

Love that the grandkids play musical instruments. That must be so fun to listen too. I'm looking forward to their Christmas Recital!!
Love and Hugs and Happy Birthday dear friend.

Granny Marigold said...

A belated Happy Birthday!! I love all the photos and little videos!! You are surrounded by the love of your family. Granny M

Judy said...

That is just the best! What a great 75th birthday celebration! What a blessing to be surrounded by family! Happy belated birthday, dear Linda. Wishing you many more wonderful years and God's richest blessings on the journey ahead.

BeachGypsy said...

sorry I'm late but HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend! Food, fun and family--it doesnt get any better than that....looks like a fantastic birthday celebration!! Loved all the pictures! So much fun in them. And so much love. Birthday hugs!!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Belated Happy Birthday!
Sounds/looks like you had a wonderful day full of happy memories.
I got a chuckle out of the trombone. I never realized what very long arms you need to play it.