Thursday, September 28, 2023

Ruth Ann and Grandson Robert's Visit and Tuesday's Treasures!

 I'm playing catch up tonight as Life has been busier than usual this past week!


My Brother Buster called me on Sunday from Kansas City and we had such a good visit together!
Anna Marie is a bright ray if sunshine and it was good to hear both of their voices!
They are planning on driving down for a visit soon if the weather finally breaks!
Still hot and our ACs continue to hum and the monthly bill continues to climb even though we are on average billing plan! However, I am grateful for the AC and that we are no longer in daily triple digit numbers although it did hot 101 a few days ago!

Sunday was a real day of rest!
We watched church online and Louis Dean settled down to a football game - or two - or three!

Just as the Cowboys game ended, Grandson Robert and Ruth Ann arrived.
Robert drove from Brownwood to Breckenridge to pick up his Aunt Ruth Ann and drove down here to see us!


It has been a whole year since we last visited with them!


I served a salad supper using up the leftovers from my birthday party!
Win! WIN!!!

We lingered long at the table that night just talking and laughing and enjoying our time together!


I had chosen some new recipes for their visit and Monday morning I served an oven cheese omelet with biscuits, jelly, fresh fruit and thick sliced bacon.

Louis Dean and Ruth Ann talked for a good hour after the meal recalling shared memories of years gone by. He's known her since she was around 13 years old.

She and I left to do a little shopping and were gone the rest of the afternoon hitting up Home Goods, TJ Max, Target  and Kroger's! We both got too tired!
I guess we thought we would run around like we used to do!

We picked up a small Black Forest cake for June - her birthday is the 25th just one day after mine.


I had fruitcake cookies and pumpkin muffins for them and a pot of yellow mums.


We had a good visit and I got some attention from Sophie!!
She's a sweetheart and I met their 'new' old cat - Baby Doll!
No pics but she's beautiful. She looks like a pastel version of our Tabitha!
SO sweet!

When we got home I went straight to the kitchen to start dinner.
I had baked potatoes in the crock pot already....


so I put the pork loin in to roast.


It turned out really well!


Robert did the honors of slicing it up while Ruth Ann held the pan steady for him!


I love having meals at the dining room table!

Lots of memories were shared and they sat there well over an hour after we ate just reminiscing. 


I did the dishes and got Louis Dean's night medicine ready for him.
I give him half a small glass of water to take with them.....and we have made a game of what happens when he forgets to drink down every last drop!


I anoint him with it!!!
He's able to remember to dink it all nearly every single time now but he was distracted and wanted to get back to his conversation with Ruth Ann!!

I cried UNCLE and left them at the table while I went to take a shower and go to bed!
Louis Dean loved every minute with Robert and Ruth Ann!

Tuesday morning I served cereal, fresh fruit and blueberry muffins before we met up with Brenda at Texas Thrift.


I made a pretty good haul......


including this denim Chico jacket!
Ruth Ann scored with three pairs of slacks and eight tops! 
AND a window box for her garden shed!


We all said our goodbyes around 4:00 on Tuesday afternoon so they could get home before dark.

After all the excitement of Summer being here and my birthday party and then Robert and Ruth Ann's visit - we went in to an empty house!

I am so thankful for my family and friends.







11 comments:

Rita said...

What a wonderful visit! Good food and good conversation is the best! :)

Deanna Rabe said...

These are the best kind of days!

Brenda said...

That picture of you and your husband is darling. Memorable actually…prayers Brenda

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful visit with old friends and family! I know you and Ruth Anne had an especially nice time.
It was good that Robert visited, as well.
Great pictures of all you, and of course, the food always looks yummy! Love, Trudy

Ginny Hartzler said...

The food all looks so good! And the jacket is gorgeous, it looks just like you! Is that a tiny red toaster I see?

Anni said...

Busy!

https://kolorsofthewynd.blogspot.com/2023/09/news-update.html

MadSnapper said...

love that zebra jacket... the toaster you bought is the same one as i just bought at walmart 3 weeks ago, same color shape. you should be exhausted enough to rest today through sunday..

photowannabe said...

Friends and family..there is nothing like it. So glad you could celebrate in so many meaningful ways. Now rest, please you deserve it.
The meals sure look yummy..I don't know how you do it and just keep going on..Maybe you are the EverReady Bunny in disguise.. (:0)
Sue

Wanda said...

Family and Friends and memories and laughter, great food! Is this heaven? No, this is Texas and Sweet Linda!
Oh my, I laughed out loud when I saw thie "annointing". What a great idea, and how fun you and Louis Dean have! This new season of your life can bring as many wonders as it does difficulties. You handle them both so well.

Your Breakfast omelet looked really good. I think it must be a lot like my crustless quiche.

I love port tenderloin and have used Apricot Jam as a glaze. Was watching a cooking show with Jene Pierre and he always soaks his pork tenderloin in a brine. I can't believe the difference when I soak it for several hours before cooking. If you would like the recipe I will sent it to you.
Loved all your Tuesday Treasures.

Hugs

Granny Marigold said...

Good times with your family, delicious food and lots of visiting.
You found great thrift store treasures too! Have a blessed Sunday.

Phoebes World said...

How warm and inviting does your home look. The food looks delicious and your family looks so happy visiting

You found some great thrift shop finds...I have been a couple of times recently and come away empty handed.

Have a wonderful week

Phoebe x