Thursday, September 7, 2023

Pizzas and Music - and my Long Hair!!

 Wednesday started out nice and slow - just as we like it!!
Louis Dean and I lingered outside on the kitchen deck with our coffee and reading before coming in and starting our day - at nearly noon!
We are never in a hurry if we have no appointments or plans!



Although we DID have a plan for late Wednesday afternoon!
He loaded up his guitar and music books and we ran a few errands before going over to see Kimmy and June.


We picked up pizzas on our way and I had pumpkin muffins for Kimmy and fruitcake cookies for June. She was sad because their precious Maggie died the other day.
She had been sick a long time but one is never really ready to lose a beloved pet.


Louis Dean cheered her up with his music!!



Sophie sat right beside him and listened to every note he played!


He gave us a nice little concert for June, Kimmy, Gretchen and me!



He  would get tickled while singing some songs and that made us all laugh!


We  hugged everyone goodbye and June walked all the way to the garage telling Louis Dean how much she appreciated him singing!

It was nearly dark by the time we got home!


The sun was just setting as we drove west on Shady Grove.

This pic is from my son Jesse who took it from his apartment balcony.
Turns out ALL my children noticed the sunset that night as did we!
Glad Jesse snapped a photo of it!


A sweet friend sent me this gorgeous card - which I am going to frame and add to my fall 'debris' - and I love the Bee Bag and napkins.
The thing about beautiful napkins is - they make anything you serve look special!
I've been  serving lots of leftovers and I think tomorrow will see the last of them - then I can make 'New Food!' I try my dead level best not to waste things!
We eat leftovers and do my version of recycling - using things in different ways than originally intended. Some coffee creamer containers are perfect for leftover soup and I keep a variety of such things for when I take food to people so they don't have to return dishes to me.

Years and years ago I was taking cakes to various people and places and I bought an extra large plate from Goodwill so I wouldn't have to worry about it being returned.
You know what? That plate came back again and again!! 
I probably still have it somewhere!


Most of our meals are healthy heart friendly ones...
Louis Dean was looking a little skinny there for a minute but he's gained a dozen pounds this year!
We laughingly say we need a few pounds in case we get sick so we have 'some weight to throw overboard' so to speak!


My best friend's birthday is Sunday and I have her gift all wrapped (in a tea towel) and ready to give!
What is SO special about Brenda is that she is the very FIRST best friend I have ever had!!!
I have always admired friends who have had long term best friends.
Amber, Summer and Sabrina all grew up with friends that they are still 'connected' to today!

I am grateful to ALL my friends and I have had many over the years, but right now I do believe I have more friends than I have ever had in my entire life!
All of you who are reading my words right now are my friends and I love corresponding by mail, email, texts and phone calls with many of you who have reached out to me - thereby making our friendship a two-way street!


Thank you for being there for me and I pray I will always be there for you.

Today (Thursday) was a stay-at-home- day - my favorite kind!
Most days like this I look like a homeless bag lady but today I got dressed, put a little color on my face and fixed my hair!


My dress looks like a big doily but it's one of my favorite housedresses that got a few stains on it.
I sewed doilies and lace on top of the unsightly places and then wore a lace top over the dress.
I don't like to be hot but I do need something on my arms nowadays.


The point of the photos is to document show how long my hair is getting!!
Normally I don't like to feel hair on my neck but I wore it like this all afternoon and most of the evening - I just now pulled it up with a clip!

I used to have long hair and I wore it in a French twist or French braid most of the time.
Now tomorrow I will pin it up and wear my grungiest clothes because I intend to do art all day!


My  prayer card this morning - it brought tears to my eyes as I thanked God for all He has done for me.












16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,love! Another great post with pretty photos of Louis Dean, of fruits, and of you! If I left anything out, blame my lame stroke brain!
You look so good, and I know your friends love to see you two come with guitar and goodies in hand -- bringing them joy you cannot buy in a store or order from Amazon!
It's so nice to see....and so nice to see a pretty picture of my friend, Linda! Louis Dean looks really healthy. What a blessing to have you!
You're a blessing to all, and I'm happy we're friends,too!
Love, and wishes for a great weekend!Just another one of your friends...Trudy!

Deanna Rabe said...

Your hair looks great. It must grow fast.

This post is filled with so much goodness! I smiled all the way through it!

Anonymous said...

Love your hair long. My hair is always in a ponytail these days with the heat but it's gotten really long and white. Lol That sunset picture was a great catch.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think you look a lot younger with longer hair! How clever to cover the stained patches on your dress with lace! Jesse's photo is beautiful! I think the right word for it would be majestic.

Unknown said...

I think the reason you have so many friends is because you are a true friend to them. You seem to go out of your way to be there for them. I am really liking the long hair on you. Looks cute.

MadSnapper said...

I wonder what is up with blogger and unknown. you have 3 and i am geting them and people don't notice it and don't add the name. i got an email from a blog friend saying she knew it was me by what I said, but why was it unknown.
you look great and both of you look happy. LD looks great with his added pounds. he was looking to thin to me.

photowannabe said...

I love your hair long. Its so pretty on you.
This is such a joyful blog post with Louis Dean's smiling face and good music. Nice to see June up and walking a bit.
Your verse of the day is wonderful too. Does my heart good.
Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I feel a lot like you...like I have more friends than I've ever had before. You look nice with longer hair! Very stylish and feminine!

SJC said...

Long hair for the win!

Debby said...

I like your dress that looks like a doily. You look adorable.

Donna said...

LD looks so happy...sorry your little Maggie passed away...so hard to lose a beloved pet!
Love your hair...I keep mine long. Can't stand having to roll short hair every day.
Have a sweet weekend!
hugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

Your sweet husband’s smile will light up the world forever and ever. Frame that picture. Brenda

Anonymous said...

One of my columns recently was about friends. I had a Lane Cedar chest for saving for marriage gifts. I took them out…unwrapped them…enjoyed them. I like to think of my chest full of my friends…take them out and cherish them as gifts from God to me. My sweet daughter has that chest now. Mother got it for me when I was sixteen…making payments on it. As I am a minimalist I have few things…I dread thinking of what people spend on things. My hobby is helping the grands with school and college a little bit at a time. Brenda

Wanda said...

I felt joy and happiness as I read your post today. How special to sit and sip coffee with your honey and not be in a hurry! I love that part of our life too.
Your visits with June and the wonderful conserts by LD are just priceless.

I too use every leftover. Amazing how creative you can be if you don't like throwing them away. We eat healthy too, it's a must when you are dealing with heart issues. And if I didn't eat healthy I'd weigh 200 pounds. I have to curb my sweet tooth!

You know I love your napkins.

Isn't it fun to wrap a gift in a tea towel or a pretty cloth napkin?

I love your Good Friend sign. I'm so blessed to have my friend Kris for over 75 years now.

How special God gave you such a great prayer card this morningn! Isn't that just like our loving Heavenly Father.
Love you Linda!!

Mrs. White said...

I am inspired by your visit to bring cheer and happiness! This was such a lovely post to read. God bless you!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

This post made me smile.
LD is looking good, and I enjoyed hearing him play. Loved the picture of Sophie listening to him too. Cute dog.
Your hair is looking very nice, and what you did to hide the stains on your house dress was very creative.