Wednesday, March 8, 2023

A Finished Quilt on Monday and Tuesday Treasures on Wednesday Night.....

I finished up the quilt for my great grand niece at long last!


It's a crib size and not without flaws and wrinkles but stitched with love.


I'm glad I waited and added the pink rick rack before mailing it.

I left a little early on Tuesday afternoon to take it to the post office before meeting up with Brenda at the thrift store!


We only made one thrift store but we each found a few treasures.
I hung this sign originally from Hobby Lobby on the wall of the front porch.


I smiled so big when I spied this cute vintage looking purse!
$2! And Brenda found the cap but decided in favor of a different one - so this one is mine!


Brenda has such a good eye for any and all things CHICO!!!


I love shopping with her!


I am intrigued by the title of this book.
Probably since losing Nita, I have been thinking more and more about heaven.


This book is now tucked up on the top shelf of the guest room closet with all my 'Christmas' books.
I'll look forward to reading it come December.

For some reason I have been feeling a bit 'low energy' as in not really depressed but perhaps more than a little melancholy.
Last night it was like I was pushing on until I could go to bed when I decided - why NOT?
So at 7:30 I took a hot shower, washed my hair and went to bed!
It was a 'husband' kind of thing to do - as I.just.went.to.bed.

No turning off lights and preparing the house for morning.
I simply turned on the attic fan and crawled into bed and stayed there until 10:30 this morning!

When I got up I thought I was back to normal but by 4:00 I was back in bed for a nap.


I had cleaned half the kitchen yesterday and finished it today.
It's all set for spring! Only two more rooms to go plus the foyer and front porch.
This decor will last until and if I decide to decorate patriotic.
Last year I did not.
Otherwise my next theme will be sunflowers!





17 comments:

Arlene G said...

Just do what your body tells you Linda. Some days we all need just a little extra rest. Seems when we come to Grimmwood we both sleep more than we do in Decatur. I think it is such a calming and peaceful place our bodies go on slow mode. I know that quilt will be a treasured gift.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda! I always enjoy your Tuesday Treasures. I have read that book 90 Minutes in Heaven and it is very good. I think you will like it. I really like the Hobby Lobby sign you got for you front porch. The quilt you made is just gorgeous. What a lovely gift for someone special! I sure go to bed a lot earlier than I used to - but then I have to get up at 5 p.m. on school days. I am sure looking forward to retirement, but a little over three years to go. I am counting down. I hope that you and L.D. have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Sandy in Alaska said...

Firsties....I love love love your new look! So pretty!! You found real treasures Tuesday! The book by Don Piper, I did not read it, however, Don Piper came to Alaska long time ago, giving his testimony about what had
happened to him. We were in a small Baptist church and ohmygoodness. He had was determined dead, but God had other plans. I sat there listening in tears.God uses him to remind us to never ever give up or stop praying. Whenever I get to that moment in time & my little voice says, 'go lay down' I feel guilty. At least I used to. I don't anymore.Same if I want to sleep a bit later. It does feels so good, but I always feel like I missed something if I sleep past 9:30. I'll get over it! ha ha! God bless your week, Miss Linda!!

Anonymous said...

Sending love and hugs!!Trudy

Unknown said...

Some days it is perfectly okay to just do nothing of that's what your body tells you. Other days you'll have more energy and you'll feel like doing more. Each day is different. No guilt, just go with it. Your little great-grand niece is going to sleep so cozy with her pretty new quilt.

Hootin Anni said...

Shut down kick back and do nothing. I do a lot of that lately.
You deserve some rest time girlfriend!!

Great purse.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree - do what your body says. You are on the go so much I was blown away. You do a lot.

MadSnapper said...

in the past week, I have gotten out of bed and NOT made it up. I never do that. I get up, potty, make bed, all pillows done for the day. one of those days I did not make it at all, the others midmorning. no idea except for stress and I am thinking you may be bending a little under the stress of your new now. hugs and prayers. I do pray you are not getting sick, but just bending a little. love you

Changes in the wind said...

The quilt turned out really cute:)

Vonda said...

Love the quilt. Made with love is always going to beat perfect. I'm glad you are listening to your body and resting when you need to. I sure have my share of slower days. Love and prayers to you and Louis Dean.
Vonda

photowannabe said...

(((hugs)))
I do hope you continue to take the advice of your last quote.
It really is ok to not do anything.
Batteries need to recharge.
Your quilt turned out beautifully and I am always amazed at the "treasures" you find at the thrift stores.
We are battening down the hatches for another storm this weekend. "They" are calling it the "Pineapple Express" Warm rain coming up from the south. Flooding and inches of rain are expected tonight into Sunday. Got my water wings ready...
Sue

Latane Barton said...

What a sweetheart of a quilt. Just right for a little girl.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I LOVE that quilt! What a sweet and adorable little quilt for a sweet and adorable little baby girl... What a blessing. And regarding being tired, going to bed, etc, etc., like someone else said, do what your body tells you to do. Rest...give yourself time to "heal". Grief takes a toll on us in so many ways, and it sneaks up on us when we've been trying to be so brave. So yes, just give yourself some room to heal and rest. It's really okay. The important stuff will still get done in its time. But right now you are the "important stuff" so take care of yourself. I loved your goodies you found and the spring table looks wonderful. Now just enjoy it.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Another beautiful quilt, Linda, and it will surely be loved and treasured too. The last quote was right on because when you feel like doing nothing then just do nothing. Your thrifting is always fun to see and what bargains you always find.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your baby quilt is just awesome. It's amazing what you make out of scraps. I read a lot of Christmas books but don't remember that one. It's nice to have a collection of them. I don't go to bed but take a lot of naps in my chair. Some are longer than others and I feel like I sleep the day away. I figure, I must have needed the rest. I agree, do what your body tells you to do.

BeachGypsy said...

The quilt is so cute! You make such pretty things Linda! Happy weekend!

Debbie said...

the quilt is so beautiful!! they say you should always make one or two mistakes. that way, you will always recognize it if you see it later in life and nothing says homemade like a couple of mistakes. it's an original!!

cute purse and cap...lovely shirt!!

and low energy, i have been feeling that also. i think we work too hard and perhaps at our age we have used up some of our reserves!! make sure that is all it is my friend. sometimes a checkup at the doctors, maybe some blood work will help to be sure nothing else is going on!! be well!!