Thursday, August 27, 2020

Art, Bee Meeting, More Art and Cleaning Up to Go Home......

I got a good bit of art done on Tuesday!
Even though I slept late.
Life is so much better when you can sleep well at night.


I have decided to do under painting for this next batch!


The photo I'm working from is a watercolor and I paint in oils.
Still.....you use turpentine thinned paint when you under paint so this works.


It doesn't look anything like the finished piece will - but it's a good start.


I ran out of time before I got to this one - which is a birthday gift for my friend, Brenda.
We both celebrate September birthdays.

I hopped up from the art table and freshened up - with and extra spritz of Sunflower cologne to cover up any lingering scent of turpentine!
I picked Sherry up in my car at 5:15 and we headed to Waco.
The AC is amaxing and I am so glad to drive and ride in comfort again!


We met our beekeeper sister, Rosey, at El Conquistador for an early dinner before our monthly bee meeting. Those Papita Nachos are SO good!!!
We had such a good time visiting and catching up with all that's going on....I never once thought to take pics!  We were only one minute late to the bee meeting!

We meet in an outdoor church area and each meeting is better and better.
I guess because we are making friends and maybe part of it is that we are all staying in so much more than we used to so any social occassion is to be celebrated and enjoyed all the more.

Louis Dean and I had planned on going home today but we decided to treat ourselves to another 24 hours of country living!


I woke up late - again.
Tomorrow I will be up earlier for sure!
Since we have been here (5 days) I have done very little housework.
Just the dishes mostly.


Today I began the cleaning.
I always leave the camper/cabin as clean and tidy as possible.
Makes coming back so much more enjoyable.
I love my tiny bathroom.
So many treasures in it.
Mother's Day cards from both of my daughters are tucked into doilies on the wall.
The hummingbird towels were gifts from Deanie when we were getting the camper ready to go to Katy, Texas back when the quads were born.
The blue doily is from my friend, Brenda, and belonged to her grandmother.
The pink and green napkin holder was a thrift store treasure.
The I love that you're my mom plaque and the blue bee motif glass are from Summer.
I do dearly love looking at all my 'debris.'
And I love cleaning and fluffing everything up.


Later today I went out and investigated the fall garden we never planted!
It's amazing how God gave us one anyway - by way of the wind blowing the seeds over from Dean's garden or maybe a bird dropping them down into ours!
9 watermelons - one large, one medium size and the rest tiny to medium - and all looking healthy and growing nicely!
TWO cantaloupe. 
One is huge and still growing. It's an exotic cantaloupe but I don't remember the name.
The other isn't webbed like a cantaloupe so we shall see.

Thsi afternoon and evening I finished up my art for this trip.


I feel good about what I got done.


Two each of the Santas and the still life is based in for Brenda.


We had chili dogs with all the trimmings for lunch - mustard, chopped onions, shredded cheese, and relish. For dinner I roasted butternut squash, patty pan squash and some baby carrots. 
I sprinkled them with a drizzle of good olive oil and some HEB Buttery Herb seasoning along with garlic salt and pepper. Oh, my goodness!
Sherry picked these fresh from the garden this morning and they were delicious.
Louis Dean ate frozen pizza.
Silly man. He doesn't eat squash unless it's fried.
So - in other words - he doesn't eat squash!


We are closing out our last night with a camp fire!


8 years ago today we pulled this camper down to Katy, Texas where we lived for 7 months helping Amber and Mike with the baby quads.


 They were so tiny.


And Louis Dean was so good with them!


 Now they are 8 years old and in the third grade!
And they still dearly love their Granddad!!


Goodnight....sleep well!

18 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

The paintings are already looking good, and Louis sounds so much like Ed with eating squash. (Not eating it!) Oh well, more for me, I say.
The quads are getting so big! I loved the picture where Harrison had his little blue pants on. They were and are so sweet.
Glad you've gotten some good sleep! I rarely get over 4-5 hours, but I rest a lot. Hope TX and LA are okay from the hurricane! xx Trudy

MadSnapper said...

I hope seeing this post today that you are not getting any rain from Laura and i know she is on the coast not where you are.. she looks so wicked and I am happy you are safe. can't belineve we went from new borns to 8 years old so quicly... i would eat the squash if someone baked it for me. have never eaten butternut but i love yellow squash so think i would love this.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your art is so beautiful my friend! And how those grands have grown since we've been friends! Take care and enjoy your day!

Vee said...

So glad that you had the time at the ranch and equally glad that you are heading home for a time. The paintings are coming along so beautifully. I enjoy watching them take shape and thank you for showing the process. Also enjoyed the glimpse back in time to when both you and Louis Dean could become jugglers or a one-man band. What amazing times those were!

Changes in the wind said...

Now getting a garden like that is just a miracle! The pictures show how much goes into the paintings and how patient you must be to complete the process. Safe trip home.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good for you getting so much painting done midst all the meetings and fun. Loved the pictures of Louis Dean with the babies. Such a gentle man. It will be nice having every thing neat and tidy for your return home. If I remember you left home neat and clean too. You do have the best of both worlds.

Tina said...

I always love seeing your painting process. My grandma painted in oils and I tried it as a kid but never had much success! That squash looks delicious and the buttery herb seasoning sounds so good! My husband wouldn't eat that either, even as a side dish! That's okay, more for me! Louis Dean has done such a great job as a Grandad! Have a great Thursday!

Wanda said...

Oh all the paintings coming together so beautifully, and to think someone is going to get them, and be blessed to hang your talent and love on their wall. You are so loving and giving.

At first, I wasn't going to decorate for Fall...so hot to get out in the storage space and look for bins....but with YOU and the Magnolia Magazine, I did it!! My limited FALL is up and I sat with my candles this morning and my coffee....and was filled with JOY.

Love the pictures of the quads as they continue to grow. What delightful grandparents you are!!! Love and Hugs.

Susie said...

Linda, I love the paintings so far. Oh those pictures of the babies. Seems so long ago and yet just yesterday. Time can be play with our minds. LD is the best granddad. Please stay safe. Blessings to all, love you guys. xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh the quads are eight years old? I remember them before they were here.
Hotdogs and squash - hmmm...lol
We are going for a Chicago dog today - ever have one of those?
Love your photos.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am in love with your bee paintings! And I would never want to leave your bathroom! I so hope this hurricaine does not affect you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. Are the quads being homeschooled?

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love that you live your life! And you make it beautiful and full of good things! It’s because of your heart of thankfulness, it allows you see see all the good there is!

Carole said...

those chili dogs look yummo! Cheers

photowannabe said...

Delightful bathroom with all the special treasures.
I love how you spend your time on the Ranch and fixing such yummy meals. I think I would even like squash if it was homegrown.
Your volunteer garden is amazing. Can't wait to see what that mystery cantaloupe is like when ripe.
Great starts to your oil paintings too. I am looking forward to seeing the finished project.
Such talent...
Sue

Nancy's Notes said...

What wonderful artwork! Great Santa's painting! Okay lady, a miracle garden, what a blessing, that is just amazing. I'm still shaking my head! Love the sweet idea of you putting Mother's Day cards in doilies, how precious is that! Oh my goodness to have quads in your family, how great! Loved your post!
Have a great day!
Nancy

Ann said...

Oh my, your paintings are fantastic. I would love to be able to paint like that. Anything I do looks like it was done by a 5 year old...lol

Arlene G said...

Safe travels, home. I see the temps in the Dallas area are atrocious. We got home today and came through the mountains instead of taking the interstate. It was a lovely ride....the sky is starting to remind me of fall.