Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The Country Roads that Lead to the Ranch!!

We left Irving on Tuesday heading to the ranch and driving straight to HEB in Bellmead.




I was so excited! I dressed up, wore jewelry, all my make up including foundation AND I fixed not only the front of my hair but the BACK also!
Since being in quarantine.....I've only been fixing what I see!

Traffic was light and we made good time.
Only I went in to do the shopping.....with my face mask and gloves on.
I was so excited!!
I was smiling from ear to ear!
I wondered why no one was smiling back until I realized I was wearing a mask ....while they were not! Well, some of them were. Not as many as were not. Still, distancing was practiced by everyone so I felt good about that.

We finally left the paved roads......


.....and turned onto the gravel ones in the country!


We by passed Mart and turned off toward Riesel so we could be in the country sooner.


This was our turn. The lone tree and the silo.


It was February when we last passed this field....now growing green with grain.


We travel this road until it dead ends to the county line road.


Louis Dean stops everytime I ask him to and I could not help but get out and stand in the middle of this country road!!! 


We had not seen a single vehicle since we left the pavement.


We drove on to the dead end......


Nearly there!!


Made the turn and drove straight to the next dead end.
Turn right and Dean and Sherry's ranch is the second on the left.


Mr. Jackson's dog always greets the ones who stop and open the gate.
Sherry and Dean keep dog biscuits in their truck for him and now so do we.


My favorite photo!
We are INSIDE the gate!


They have done so much road work!


And just LOOK at the garden area! All ready to fence and plant!
Dean and Sherry have been doing lots of tractor work.


I took this picture of what I thought was one mop - aka Great Pyrenees!
But can you see that it's both of them??


It was good to finally be here!
I brought my roses from Mike and turned on all my little lights.


Dean and Sherry helped us unload and put up things and then they cooked a great dinner!
Smoked BBQ ribs, Sherry's potato salad, BBQ beans and pepper poppers.

It was such a wonderful evening!
We both slept like babies!

Today was a rain day.
We knew it would be which is why we came a day earlier than we planned.


These are the tomato plants Louis Dean started from seed.
He is as proud of them as he can be!


Everything is so green!


We took a wine break around 6:00.....the golden hour....and just savored the fact that we are here.

It stormed and rained and there was a tornado warning but for the county across from us.
Since I couldn't go visit the critters or walk around the property and see the meadow and the tanks......
I did what I do best.....


I cleaned!
Spring cleaned half of the front room with plans to do the other half tomorrow!


I changed out the winter red and black plaid for the summer florals.
Faded and vintage but well loved.


I love this door and the sign on it and above it!


I can't explain why I love the country so much.
Actually, it's the ranch that I love.
Maybe because I love Dean and Sherry and it is such a blessing and honor to get to be a part of their life. The hospitality they have shown us has been amazing. They have literally given us prime real estate to park our camper on and then encouraged us to put down roots in the form of decks and a front room and gardens.....


I hope they know how much we appreciate being here.


Even with all the rain - Louis Dean managed to have a campfire for us tonight!



Sleep well, my friends and family.

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love it! My very favorite picture is YOU in the middle of the road with your arms out! So joyful! Rest well!

Deanna Rabe said...

I feel the same way about a campfire!

Bluebird49 said...

I can just feel your contentment all the way to Virginia! Hope you're sleeping good right now! 😍

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Have a lovely time at the ranch. How wonderful that you are now there Linda and LD. Looking forward to all your posts.
Joy

BeachGypsy said...

YAY!! Y'all made it there safely! I'm so happy for you. I love these pictures.....just look AT ALL THE ROOM! ALL THE LAND, ALL THE BIG BLUE SKY! It truly is gorgeous, and looks so quiet and peaceful. Do y'all have a fire every night? I think that would definetly be the highlight of every evening for sure. I loved all the pictures of the country roads coming in, (felt like I was right there along with y'all!) and especially the ones of you right smack dab in the middle of a country road--you can SEE AND FEEL YOUR JOY in arriving. Cant wait to see pictures of your adventures, country style!!---oh, and to hear all about the bees. Hugs!

The Feminine Energy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

I am so glad you are in your happy place. I know you will relax and enjoy your time there.

Changes in the wind said...

So happy that you are there! Love the pictures and blow by blow trip.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I could feel your excitement going down that road and thought the gate. I love the pictures. So happy you can once again be in your happy place. You make everything comfy and cozy no matter where you are. Enjoy your stay and hope the rain stops soon so you can get out and enjoy it all !

Vee said...

That photo of you in the middle of the road with your arms spread wide and joy all over your face says it all! Have a blast at the ranch.

The Feminine Energy said...

Awww... I'm so glad you are there, Linda. From your comment left on my blog post yesterday, I know you said you were going to the ranch in order to keep LD safe, because you didn't feel safe in-town. I'm so happy you have someplace else to go where you feel safer. Please stay there for a couple months, at least, and be well. Much love, Andrea xoxo

Jan said...

So glad you are there. I love the picture of you in the road-I can just feel your joy being at your country home! Enjoy!

photowannabe said...

I love everything about this post !!
Your happiness is contagious.
Enjoy your time there.
It will be balm to your soul.
Sue

MadSnapper said...

this is such a joyful story/post. loved ever word of it and especailly love you in the middle of the road and the dog tht greeted you at the gate. so glad you are all safe, i saw all that bad weather and did not know how close it was.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh I love it too! I hope you didn't get any bad storms that went through! Take care and enjoy yourselves! Hugs!

Judy said...

So thrilled for you to be in your 'happy place' once again! It is so lovely and green over there. And what could be better than sitting around the campfire at the end of the day? Enjoy every minute.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

First, Linda, glad you are back in the Happy Place for you and LD, and that photo of you standing in the roadway says it best. Thanks for taking us along on the road to get back "home." that welcome dinner and the wine and fire all looked delicious and wonderful.

Deb J. in Utah said...

It is so lovely for you to be able to spend time at the ranch. I can tell that makes you very happy! Enjoy the weekend. See you again soon.

Arlene G said...

You are getting to your happy place as we come home from ours. We did get out nucs and Marvin is going back next week for a day or two to put them in the hives. Fingers crossed that they stay this time.