Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday Things.....

Normally I have my prayer and quiet time sitting up in bed with my coffee,
but this morning I decided to go outside. 


The birds, the breeze and the sunshine plus coffee, prayers and hymns - that was a good way to start my day. I saw on Facebook that my next door neighbor, Olga, did the very same thing!

After I came in and was preparing breakfast, my Sister Luann called and we had a good phone visit.
She calls members of her church and checks in on them and decided to call me before she got started on her list of people. Luann is such a caring people person. 
I told her how proud I was of President Trump and that I prayed for him every day as well as Doctors Fauci and Birx. She made me laugh out loud when she said that she and President Trump had something in common. No filter. They both say what they think.
Isolation is hard on everyone but especially if you live alone as Luann does. She doesn't let that stop her from doing what she can where she is. Calling and chatting with others is right up her alley.
She is also cooking some special Easter food and taking care packages around to her neighbors.

While I took a couple days off from sewing masks - I did sew today.

I don't know of any other denim quilt that has taken me so long to make. 
I started it in November and then the holidays arrived.
Then I had to take Christmas down and clean the house up before my knee replacement surgery early in January. Then I was in recovery mode. I had just finished the quilt top completely when all this Coronavirus mess started and I went into deep clean mode. By the time I got to the sewing machine - it was to make face masks.

Finally! 
Today I pinned the top and backing together and then laid out the batting and pinned that.


I opted to do a stitch around and turn it inside out. Louis Dean helped with that part.


He pulled the whole quilt through that small slit!
My next step will be to tie it then I will wash it up and it will be ready to give to my favorite firefighter - and that would be Stephanie's son.
I truly meant thought I had made him a quilt either when he graduated from Marine training or when he came home from Afghanistan. 
He will have one now even though winter is over and it will be awhile before he will need it!
It's a good size for a TV quilt so he may get to use it for that.

I meant to do some more house painting but it was 90% chance of rain today.
While it did rain a few times, it was more like a shower!
Instead I filled up 5 weeks of medicine for us in our little boxes.
Alas, I was out of two medicines - both over the counter ones - but both need to be taken on a daily basis. So I suited up in all my protective gear and ventured out to Walgreens.
It's scary to go out.
There are now 111 cases of Covid-19 in Irving.
I saw a few people in the store wearing masks but I was the only one in gloves as well. Some people acted like nothing was going on and went leisurely about their shopping.
I went in and got what I needed and got out.
Came home and washed my hands, put my mask in the washer and wiped down my packages.

This evening I made it out to the den!
As in to clean it!


This room was not too much work as it just needed dusting, vacuuming and picked up.


I lit the candles and watched a movie while I was working.


I missed this one when it was in the theaters.
I tried watching it the other night with Louis Dean but he wasn't interested.
That's too bad bcause it's a good movie and he would have liked it.
He asked me not to delete it so he may give it another go.


Here he is singing a Roger Miller song.
He has really enjoyed hearing me read him the comments.
And he sounds so cute when he asks, "Do you think they will like it?"
He just loves attention!

It's early (just a few minutes after 10:00) but I am already in bed writing this.
Sleeping has become somewhat of an adventure lately.
I figure I will read until my eyes get heavy......
Louis Dean just got a second wind but he is going to have to blow all by himself.



14 comments:

Vee said...

I can't imagine how odd it is to go shopping these days. (I haven't been for six weeks.) One thing I have heard is that all outer clothing needs to be changed after a shopping trip. Now that's just so strange. Hopefully, the news will be better after this next week with a flattening of that curve. I have to laugh at our reporters in my corner who say, "Another case of corona virus!" As I understand it, this will be the way it is forever...it's with us. Period. Like the cold and the flu and Montezuma's Revenge.

Thank you for praying for the country and the President. I don't think of him as a man without a filter. I think of him as saying exactly what needs to be said. "For such a time as this."

Your quilt came out so nice!

Easter blessings be yours...

Vee said...

Oh, I almost forgot! Yes, I did like the music. Roger Miller? I would never have guessed that one. I like him, too. "Trailer for sale or rent...rooms to let fifty cents..."

Ginny Hartzler said...

I remember Roger Miller for "Trailers For Sale Or Rent" and a few others. I have not heard this one. Louis Dean has such good finger work! Your quilt is wonderful! I love all the blues. You simply could not get the blues if you are under this quilt! I guess we will both have a very quiet Easter. And that is alright as long as we are healthy. I am scared going to the store too! we both wear masks, gloves, and carry wipes.

Wanda said...

Always liked Roger Miller. Louis Dean does a good job! How he loves his music!!
You were my inspiration today. After seeing your cookie sheet filled with veggies and roasted with rosemary, I just had to follow suit. Tonight I had a chicken breast, so I make a kabob with red and green bell peppers and onions, and then finished filling the cookie sheet with slices of potatoes, squash more onions and asparagus! It was yummy. We happen to have some rosemary growing in the complex, so I cut enough for my tray... They just think its a bush...hahaha.

Deanna Rabe said...

Yay, Louis Dean! You’re doing great! The quilt looks great! I finally slept well last night after my sciatica issue this week!

Blessings to you all for Easter!

Bluebird49 said...

Love that quilt. It's been awhile in the making and it was good to see how it turned out.
I know how our men love attention! 😶 I love Roger Miller, too.
I hope you are sound asleep and that you all will have a lovely Easter.

Susan said...

Hi Linda, Happy Easter!!! I like your denim quilt. Enjoy the new week.

Changes in the wind said...

You always are accomplishing something:) The quilt looks great. I felt a little uncomfortable at the grocery store but after I got in and started shopping it was fine. Happy Easter:)

MadSnapper said...

Happy Easter. the quilt is really nice and perfect for a man quilt. good job LD, turning it. I did not know quilts had to be turned like that. learned something new. we just watched Free state of Jones a few days ago, we both liked it, hard to say it was a good movie because of the subject matter. I think all school children should watch it, so that it never happens again

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Easter to you and yours ! Love and hugs from Ohio!

NanaDiana said...

You tell that Louis Dean that we LOVE it. He is quite a guy-can do anything and play and sing, too.
I went to Walgreens for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday- mask and glove and I was amazed how many people were shopping like it was nothing. Threw the gloves away and ditched the mask after wiping everything down. It's a crazy world.
Happy Easter to you and LD-have missed reading your blog and glad to be back after my break. Stay safe- xo Diana

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Easter to you both from Nashua, NH. Always enjoy seeing a performance by Louis Dean and yes, I liked it you can tell him :-)

Chatty Crone said...

Jesus has risen - the good news above all other. Have a blessed Easter. Sandie

Carole said...

Happy Easter. Stay well. We are fine. Cheers