Monday, April 20, 2020

Dining Room Table all Set for a Family Gathering and a Tea Party......

Sunday I dressed up the dining room table using the Battenberg lace duvet cover my sister gave me as a tablecloth.


I love it!!


I set the table with the Desert Rose dinnerware I bought at Goodwill last year.
Summer made the napkin rings for me a couple of years ago.


It's been awhile since we have had a house full of friends and family and I am so ready to host a family dinner and a tea party and a ladies luncheon.


I yearn to see all my children and grandchildren crowded around the table with people perched on all four corners bumping elbows with one another.

I feel a smile in my heart every time I pass through the dining room now.
If I can 'see' something in my mind - it's as good sign it will happen.
The menu will be planned out and I am going to look through recipes and maybe make all new food instead of the same dinners I usually serve.
After we eat, we will clear the table and get out the special decks of playing cards Summer ordered for us. And open up the box of cards for the grands to choose from and we will all play NUTS and laugh and talk and have fun!
And before everyone leaves, we will set a date for the next gathering so we can look forward to meeting again soon.


I made Louis Dean a fluffy salad yesterday and thought that would look pretty on a plate.
Today I made chicken and dumplings from some of the chicken I cooked Saturday.
Louis Dean loves it so I made extra dumplings.

The thing about having a clean house is that you are always cleaning!!
For awhile the fridge was so FULL and I was determined not to waste any food and I pretty much didn't. But today it was time to clean it out again and it was not before it needed it, let me tell you!


I have some preserves that are 'gunky.' They are still good - just crystalized.
Cheese Blintzes would be good with a fruit topping made by heating up the preserves.
I need to remember that and make some soon.


I was up late last night finishing up this batch of masks.
All the pony tail elastic bands have been used so I will need to get in a fresh supply.
I still have plenty of material and intend to cut up some garments I meant to use for lightweight quilts and make some more masks from them.
No way of knowing how long we will be needing to wear them.

Guess what happened today??
I heard from a new friend!
Renee commented on a blog post and since then she and I have connected by email, mail and now phone!
I am so excited!!
She lives in Texas and it is really a small world when you come right down to it!
We hope to meet in the near future when life permits.
Renee is going through some cancer treatment with a major surgery scheduled for next Wednesday.
I hope you will join me in praying for her........

And now I will share Louis Dean playing along with Merle Haggard and George Jones.
Speaking of George Jones, I am going to have new carpet put in whenever businesses open up again and the carpet company I am going to use is here in Irving on Beltline Road. It's owned by relatives of George Jones! They have lots of memorabilia all over the office and Louis Dean got to talking to them about music. They said that people would bring in their albums and they would mail them to George Jones and he would sign them and mail them back.
This was in the years when he was not in good health prior to his death in April of 2013....
What a nice thing to do.



We are all packed up and the truck is loaded!
Tomorrow morning we are going to the COUNTRY and I am so excited I may not even sleep tonight!!



I might just tear up when we get there!


16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It does seem like a long time since you have been to the ranch. Your dining room table is gorgeous! your fluffy salad is gorgeous! Happy trails on your journey!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Wonderful Linda - those bees are waiting too. Take lots of pictures of spring there. Have a great road trip.
Hugs.
Joy

Bluebird49 said...

I can feel your excitement from here! 💕

Cheech said...

Again, thank you for the masks. Safe travels my friend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know you are anxious to get to the country! I'm so glad you have a good place to go and I know you'll feel better out there. The masks are really great! I'm so proud of you!

Changes in the wind said...

I have the same set of dishes and have used them many times. So happy you are going to the ranch.....safe travels.

Beth said...

Your table looks lovely and I know it will look even more beautiful when your family are seated there, talking, laughing and enjoying a home cooked meal! The Desert Rose pattern is so pretty. My MIL had the Apple pattern made by the same manufacturer. So glad you get to go to the ranch today. Enjoy your stay, and be sure to relax a lot. I said a prayer for your friend Renee. Blessings and joy - Beth

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are the eternal optimist with having your table set for company. I too can't wait for that to happen but haven't' set the table. I figure it's going to be while yet. Sl glad you can finally make the trip to the ranch I agree dirt roads are wonderful. We used to travel them when we went to visit my grandparents. Good memories there for sure. Have a safe journey I know it will be a happy one !

MadSnapper said...

your dining room is gorgeous! i love that desert rose pattern. i hope soon you will be able to gather with your family. we need some normal... so glad you are headed down the country road to the country. enjoy!

Vee said...

oh they'll be happy tears...

how nice to meet a new friend right there in Texas...

the dining room table looks splendid and the thought of people gathered all around just
might get you through this bizarre time...

happy times ahead!

photowannabe said...

Love that country road...I'm so glad you are traveling down it. Enjoy your time at the Ranch.
What a beautiful table setting. the anticipation of your loving family seated around it is palpable...
Take care and be safe.
Sue

Carole said...

Have a great time at the ranch. And stay safe.

Deanna Rabe said...

It’s so fun to plan for gatherings of family, isn’t it? In the meantime enjoy your time on the ranch! Are the bees coming soon?

Mandy said...

Hope you guys have a great time in the country!

Wanda said...

Setting a pretty table is therapy for me. I love your settings. I want to think it's Desert Rose..but it reminds me of dishes my dear friend had.

Yeah, a trip to the ranch. I saw your picture on facebook...you looked so cute and happy to be there.

My daughter brought new pillows for the chairs on thee balcony.. some bright colors to cheer me and we love sitting on our balcony.

Made a lemon pound cake today. Your chicken and dumplings sound so very good.

Love and Hugs

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your table setting brought back memories for me, Linda. My former and late mother-in-law also had the Dessert Rose pattern and used it for all holiday get togethers in her home. Your plans for a family get together sound wonderful and will look forward to reading all about it one day in the near future. How nice to connect with a new friend and one who also lives in the same state!