Friday, April 17, 2020

Roses and Honeysuckle

Yesterday a tall, dark handsome man came bearing gifts.


Toilet paper and roses!
The good looking guy was Mike - my much loved son in law.
He made my day!!

I was blessed to lay my eyes on Amber and Mike and the kids who all remained in the car and I on the driveway as well as Summer who came for a safe look see and to bring me the best pair of scissors I have ever held in my hands! They make cutting out the masks I'm sewing a pure pleasure.

It seems like when I have an 'up' day - the next one is a bit of a 'down' one.
I woke up around 10:00 but stayed in bed until 1:00 this afternoon, just getting out of bed to get
coffee and then getting right back in.
I finished the book Mercy Snow yesterday so I am trying to get into another one.
Life is always better when you have a good book to read.
The one I am in now is The Rooster Bar by John Grisham.

Once I was up, I could hear the mower going and knew our lawn guy was here so I went out to pay him. 


He does a good job on the yard but I have to do some upkeep and so far this year I have spent very little time out in the front.


The Asian Jasmine has grown like crazy and would completely cover the shrubs and bushes if I didn't go out and cut it back. So I did that today.


Then I decided to open up all the tubs of spring and summer debris and figure out what to keep and what not to keep and where to put everything.

I decided to use all the patriotic decorations in the gazebo.


In the tubs I found some fabric I can use for masks.


Since we may be wearing them for quite awhile I thought some red/white/blue would be in order!
Texas has just been told we must wear a mask whenever we go in a business or grocery store - out in public basically.
I love to see people wearing the homemade ones!


Here's Amber all suited up wearing one of the denim masks.


This was Summer a few days ago as she dressed up to go out and get supplies.


This was Summer yesterday.
She had been in bad shape for nearly two weeks but she has rallied some and was able to get out of bed and out of the house for a little while.
Hopefully they will be allowing elective in-patient surgeries soon and she can have the spinal cord stimulator.

It's encouraging to hear news that the country will slowly be opening back up for business.
Those who are older and more at risk will continue to stay in for the most part and that includes us.
However, our bees are comming in from East Texas toward the end of next week and we will be going down to the ranch for several days.
Louis Dean and I both have doctor appointments which will require bloodwork so we have to come back home, but once that's done, I'm thinking we will go back down to the camper and stay for a good long while. There's 2,190 cases of Covid 19 in Dallas county.
In McLennan county (Waco) there are 68 and in Falls county where the ranch is - there is 1!
SO I think hunkering down for a few more weeks down there would be the safest place!


I read today that they now believe the sun and heat will help kill the virus!
At any rate, I think some fresh air and sunshine would be so good for us right now!



15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Today I, also, read about the sun killing the virus. Good news for sure! Your flowers are gorgeous! Summer chose the perfect gift for you. I can tell she has been in pain, her eyes look so tired. I think the best place for both of you is at the ranch, where there is almost NO virus!

Carla said...

That little rascal Mike. Those were some pretty flowers. I would stay at the ranch too. I'm so glad we're not in Houston anymore. Too crowded. Milam County now has 10 cases but 2 of them have already recovered. Love the patriot fabric. I thought I had some but haven't found it yet. I'm not too fast on sewing the masks. Got 3 done and working more.
Glad Summer felt like getting out a bit.
Y'all be safe
Hugs

BeachGypsy said...

Oh those flowers are so bright and pretty and I loved all the pictures in this post. Yep..sounds like being out in the country would be safer, fresh air and sun and I do hope y'all will be there for the BEES!! Tell Summer I'm thinking of her!

Bluebird49 said...

What a sweet s-i-l Mike is. It will be good when Summer's surgery can be done. I know you are glad your knee surgery is way in the past now.
At least when you go to the ranch, your house will be so clean! 😍 You've gotten so much done.💕

Deanna Rabe said...

You have the best family! You love them fiercely and they love you right back!

I’m glad you’ll get down to the ranch and be able to stay there for a while!

Vee said...

Wonderful gifts! So good to see Summer and very happy I am to know that she was able to do a few things. Yes, it will be good to be able to breathe again. This truly has been a nightmare and we are all sick of it. Yay for a good book! I am having Audible read to me. 😏

Changes in the wind said...

A handsome man bring T paper and roses...a dream come true:)Glad you are doing well and yes it would be better for you to be at the ranch with so much less infections.

MadSnapper said...

glad you had a good day, sorry for the down day, I have not had a good day in at least a week so you are doing great to have one every other day..good to see summer getting out and prayers she can have the surgery soon... you are blessed to have Mike for a son in law... I need a person, doesn't have to be handsome or a man, to bring rubbing alcohol and chlorox wipes.. ha ha let me know how you do with the rooster book, I tried to read it and could not... I love Grisham but he is losing his knack for holding my attention.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree, a trip to the ranch sounds wonderful. We can only hope the sunshine turns the virus around and sends it packing. many are waiting for those unnecessary surgeries, hopefully they and Summer will be able to get them done soon. But right now hospitals don't seem to be a good place to be with all the virus patients being treated there. We can only pray she has more good days than not. Take care and stay safe !

Arlene G said...

Yes I hope Summer can get her surgery scheduled. It is time to go back to doing elective surgery. We will wear our masks too as long as we can get out and about. It is a small price to pay. I had to chuckle at your new scissors comment. Nothing like a good sharp pair of shears for cutting fabric. We are leaving Monday morning for Grimmwood. We can isolate there as well as here. Not sure if we will get our bees while we are there. It would be nice to get that taken care of but Marvin can go back if he has to do so. He enjoys some farm time all by himself.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure feel better when I can get outside and walk in the sunshine. I hope you can go to the country soon. But how sweet your family and friends are! You are always doing things for others too. What a great example of giving you all are! Stay safe!

Latane Barton said...

What a sweet son-in-law! I have a good one, too. He makes my grocery runs during this stay at home thingy. And, I'd totally be lost without fixing my computer when things go wrong. We were two of the lucky ones, weren't we?

photowannabe said...

I agree that the Ranch is just what the Doctor ordered for you and LD.
Sunshine and fresh air and BEES will do the trick.
This New Normal is getting to all of us.
Praying for you and praying especially for Summer. She needs that surgery so badly.
You are so generous with your talents and bless so many.
Take care
Sue

Jan said...

I think the country would be a great place for you and LD to "hunker down". We are enjoying our place so much. So glad we can get out and walk our few acres and enjoy the wildflowers and fresh air. Very few cases of the virus out here too.

Carole said...

We are all a bit up and down now. Stay safe