Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Cozy Last Day at the Ranch for November.....

Today was a gift.
I slept in and it was wonderful!
Louis Dean brought me coffee in bed.
TWO cups!


I sat on my 'throne' in my cozy corner and sipped a third cup of coffee as we did our reading.


I am loving the pretty tree Summer redeemed!


Louis Dean painted the metal Season's Greeting sign with red spray paint - IN the work shop!

I spent a good bit of the afternoon painting.


My last three projects to be finished before Christmas.
The manger scene to the right is my Christmas Painting Giveaway and every morning I write down the names of all who have commented. I don't think I wrote down last night's comments but so far I am up to 135.


This painting is for my friend Jutta. She lives in Finland and comes to the US every November in search of warmth and light. It is dark in Finland these days. She came to Texas to visit me last year and this year she will be in Florida. I will finish this and let it dry, glaze and dry again and mail it off to her when she's down south.

I can't find the book I had started and was just getting into.
How in the world I lost it in a camper with a front room I do not know.
I haven't BEEN anywhere!


So I picked up a book we have read once before - but not every single word.
Louis Dean was really interested in this one - written by a sister blog writer Monica James - Changes in the Wind.
A fascinating book about Buckskin Bessie!
I love historical letters and that's what this book is about....
My 'throne' was a cozy place to sit on this cold November day and read about a time long ago....
It has been raining lightly and with all my candles lit and the heaters on - it was a perfect afternoon!


Tonight's supper was comfort food.
I had soaked a pan of pinto beans all night and then cooked them all day on a hot plate in the front room. Boiled potatoes and cornbread with sliced onion completed the meal - along with a nice glass of wine.

In the morning we will be packing up and cleaning the camper for our return visit in December.
I go to my pre op appointment on December 6th and then we will come down here for a week or so.

It seems like its been winter weather all over the country so wishing everyone has a pair of warm socks, some flannel pajamas and a couple of good blankets or quilts.
I have been sleeping under flannel sheets and a quilt my niece, Leah, made me topped with the super comfy bee quilt made by my Utah friend, Sharilyn.
Next month I am taking it to the bee meeting to show it off to everyone!

Goodnight!!



14 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Lots of painting by you,(and Louis),this time. And yay for painting in the workshop! ;)
I'm so glad you got to relax a bit before tackling the holiday season.
We have our polar fleece sheets and they're soft and comfy this cold night.
Summer's tree is so cute!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your corner looks so inviting and cozy!! And your paintings are coming along beautifully. Your table is also lovely! Summer did a great job with the tree!

Jackie Mitchell said...

Love all your paintings

Vee said...

Such a sweetly cozy corner, Linda. I noticed your pretty dining table and I love that you use it. Yay for time to paint and enjoy the rainy, cold day. Yup, it is true that a lot of us are in the freezer. Happy cleaning and happy trails to your other home...

Carol said...

I am thankful that you got to rest. You are doing a great job on your paintings and your throne looks cozy! I will be saying a prayer for your travels today and for your preop appointment. I know you will miss the ranch while you are gone.

Changes in the wind said...

What a wonderful surprise to see my book! You never mentioned reading it before and I am thrilled you have enjoyed it. Safe travels home.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh my what a wonderful last day. What could be more perfect. At least you have a cozy place to be when the weather doesn't cooperate. You have all the comforts of home there. Here you are almost done with your painting and I'm just getting into the nitty gritty of mine, but my plan is to be done by Thanksgiving. Glad you will be able to get back there before your surgery. It won't be long now until December. Have a safe journey home.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you too for sharing what you had for dinner. I was wondering what to fix and that sounds very good. I may meak biscuits and not cornbread, but I thank that is what will be for dinner here too.

MimiG said...

Rest is sometimes the very best medicine, isn't it? Maybe you left the book on the tractor? I loved that photo of you "driving" to the bees.
Pinto beans - yumm. I like to pan fry my potatoes and onions, and get just a little crunchy edges on the potatoes, then use the leftover cornbread the next morning for breakfast. Tasty. Tasty.
Your paintings are just so wonderful! Loved looking at all the different Santas, and seeing the differences in their eyes and smiles. Quite a talent you have.
We've been really cold in Alabama as I'm sure your sister has told you. But, it's already 40 this morning, so feels like a bit of a heatwave!
Safe travels home.

Tina said...

I love your "throne" corner! It looks so inviting and cozy! I'm inspired by all your Christmas decorating already at the ranch! I should probably start thinking about digging the decorations out of the basement since that will probably take me a week or two by itself! Glad you had a lovely cozy last day at the ranch! Have a safe trip home and a wonderful Thursday!

Rain said...

Hi Linda :) That is such a cozy corner! The painting for Jutta is very pretty! Comfort food is a must for cold weather! I'm keeping warm with flannel sheets too! They're so comfy.

photowannabe said...

Cozy!! That's your corner, and comfort food...nothing more perfect than that.
Glad you got a good nights sleep and can enjoy your last day at the Ranch.
Praying for you and your pre-op Dr. visit.
Love your paintings..wonderful...
Sue

Susie said...

I like your cozy corner Linda. I have my spot here too. LOL Summer did a great job on those projects...and good for LD painting in the SHOP !! :)Hard to believe men are trainable at times, isn't it? LOL Oh yes, nice blankets and a mattress warmer for me. I do not like to think of people being cold...growing up we never had the right things to wear for warmth....I remember being cold running to and from school. Linda, cornbread and beans with wine, bless your heart. I am smiling my friend. I have eaten a lot of cornbread and beans , but never with any wine. That would have made it a better meal. LOL. Blessings to you and yours, be safe going home. Stay warm, love you guys, xoxo, Susie

Carole said...

Best of luck with the doc... Cheers