Monday, September 2, 2019

The Best September First EVER!!!!

I have had so much fun both preparing for and celebrating September First!
This morning I was up early just because I was too excited to sleep - just like yesterday!
I hopped out of bed and Louis Dean and I were drinking coffee before 9:00!
We did our reading and then I went to the kitchen. I put the soup on and it was SO good - if I do say so myself! I got creative with the recipe because I did not have just exactly all the ingredients. I threw in a big jar of taco sauce and a large can of red enchilada sauce and since I only had one can of Rotel tomatoes - I added some roasted hatch chili's. I really don't think there's any way you can mess up Nita's recipe no matter what you do.


It's a really good soup!


I had a bottle of white sangria so I added some things to it to make a good punch!


It was pretty and it was good!
That made it pretty good!!


Jesse, Leigh Ann, Sam, Faith and Levi arrived first and I was happy I had the appetizer table ready!
Kids are hungry!


Between the soup and the roasted garlic, the candles and and all the pumpkin scented plug ins and such - the house smelled so 'fall.' Never mind it was a really hot day with temps in the upper 90's.


This is Levi and he just blew us away with his piano playing!!
He recently discovered how much he loves music and taught himself to play by  watching YouTube.
His parents got him a teacher when they saw how well he was doing and how deeply he was interested - and he's been taking lessons now for a couple of months.


Sam is my first grandchild and I cannot believe he will be 17 this month!!
He will always be special to me. And look how TALL he is!!!
His mother's family is tall....ours is not.


Faith has been doing music for several years and plays and sings. 
We all just wished she had brought her guitar!


Amber took this pic and I love it!
It was such a happy day and there were smiles all around.


Jesse is my oldest son and Amber my youngest daughter.


The 'children's'table!
Levi absolutely loved being with the quads.
He is so much fun and a most loving grandchild.
After they ate - he came up to me and wrapped his arms around me and said, "MiMi, that was SUCH good food!!"


All the adults gathered in the dining room - including Sam and Faith.
Goodness! I was just getting used to having grown children! Ben is just now 31 years old!
Now I am going to have grown GRAND children!


Three beauties!


Three handsome guys!


And now for their music......






Faith played a song that was so beautiful it made me cry......
I was so intent in listening to it that I forgot to record!


I have a sewing kit for a Halloween stitching - you know the kind where you sew on sequins and beads. That's right up Trystan's alley and she helped me get started on it and then Logan took a turn.
These girls have always loved hanging around my sewing machine.
They have always been fascinated by the various pin cushions I have and have made designs with the straight pens many many times. They know ow to thread a needle and make simple stitches. As they get older I am planning on teaching them to sew.

All too soon it was time to say goodbye.

Jesse and his family left first so the kids could get to their church activities this evening.
We all came out on the porch to see them off and Kailey asked me, "Do they yell?"
It took me a minute to realixe she meant - did they roll down their windows and yell goodbye as they drive off! I told her, "No, that's something special only y'all do!"




It was an excellent day and we made a lot of good memories!
Amber sent me a text after they got home and told me Trystan said - upon driving on after they called out their goodbyes - "This just never gets old!"

First thing this morning, I used the random number generator to determine the winner and runner up for the Wildflower Honey.
I am absolutely amazed that the only person who would qualify as this being local honey to her won!
Jan of Waco, Texas!!
She and I have already planned to meet soon so I will be delivering her jar of honey in person.
Joy of Vintage Green won the runner up jar and I will be getting that in the mail to her in the next couple of days.

Neil Diamond is still singing - as he has been all day long - and I am going to turn off the lights and blow out the candles as we head to bed. I think I will leave the music on to greet me in the morning.
I have loved all my September Firsts - and have been celebrating them for at least the last 20 years - but this one has truly been the very best!

I can't tell y'all how full my heart is tonight.
I am so very very blessed......
Thank you, Lord......

27 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like your best party yet! And the kids sang AND played bohemian Rhapsody, wow, they are talented!!!!

Kathy said...

I thought of you all day. I know this day is special to you, but this was REALLY special. Now you can begin your favorite month with a happy heart.

Vee said...

Oh what a wonderful day! I truly enjoyed listening to the music and seeing the smiles. Can’t get over how much all the grands have grown. Yes, soon enough you’ll have adult grands, but let’s not rush it. ☺️ The soup is one I hope to make when I will be able to taste it and enjoy it. (Minus the chiles, of course. I am a lame, tame New Englander after all.) Such a dear photo of Louis Dean and Harrison! Well all the photos are special for sure. Have a terrific Labor Day. Raining here to beat the band.

Tina said...

Looks like such a wonderful September 1st! Glad you had all of your beautiful grandchildren and family members to share it with! Have a wonderful Monday!

Susie said...

Linda, I am totally in love with Levi !! That boy is an awesome talent. Look at Sam, so tall and handsome. Faith is a young beauty. Linda you don't have any ugly people in your family.LOL...what's up with that? Loving family, great food and wonderful celebrating, no wonder this was the best Sept beginning. I love that the Bells yell good-byes and I love you's , as they drive away. May this just be the start of a great September. Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

MimiG said...

Wow! What a glorious day you had... Family, fellowship, fun. My 3 favorite things! Levi - well, I think one day his night will be in lights. Quite talented as well as being as cute "as the dickens". So glad you and LD had a beautiful day, you've both been working so very hard. Listening to "September Morn" as I have first my cup of coffee and type this. A day late, but still beautiful.
Blessings for you and LD and your family this beautiful morning.
P.S. My nephew had one set of stitches removed and all extra tubes are out and he is home in his home. God is soooo good.
M

MadSnapper said...

so happy for you that your first Family dinner on Sept 1st was a big and happy success, right up to the last YELLING good byes.. you do have a beautiful/handsome and oh so happy family... love the two thumbsup guys.. as always enjoyed every photo of created memories you shared with us. wow on the piano playing and the voices are beautiful also.. let me know when they show up on AGT or The Voice, maybe American Idol

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I loved seeing all the happy smiling faces at your party. What a great celebration ! How nice to have some live music too on raw piano. I love your taco soup recipe and it's what I make too. I got your recipe when you shared once before. Celebrating September first is a great way to do Labor Day weekend. Hope you are relaxing today. I am.

Bluebird49 said...

What a wonderful day you had and made for your family! You've got a lot of talent in there, and I was amazed at Levi's playing. He's a natural! What a good job on Bohemium Rhapsody.
It just made my day reading about your day. All the pictures are great and may your whole month continue to shine!!

Arlene G said...

What a great celebration and I am so glad you had your older grands there as well. What a handsome and talented group of young people I know you are proud of them. Your menu sounded delicious and time spent with your grown kids is always special.

Changes in the wind said...

A wonderful time for all and your grandson is truly gifted at the piano! Loved the quads yelling bye from the car.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

My Goodness Linda - always a great treat to have the 'generator' pick a prize winner. Could you lovingly gift it to one of your wonderful neighbours - shipping is too much work and expense - and I just love reading your BEE posts.

Such a wonderful welcome fall gathering you shared today.

Hugs.

Joy

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Looks like you all had an amazing party dear friend.
You have a gorgeous family and your big 17 year old boy soon to be is very handsome.
Your Amber is a beauty too, like her mom.
Have a terrific September.
Fabby

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Everything about this post made me smile! I’m thrilled for you that September 1st has been a delight!

photowannabe said...

You know Linda, I got all teary eyed listening to your grands sing and play.
Levi is quite amazing for his talent...
I can tell they all love their MiMi.
The traditions and love just ooze out of your family.
Thanks for letting me see your fabulous September First!!

Unknown said...

Linda what a wonderful time w/ all of your family.
Levi & Faith have amazing talent. That is a favorite song I love from our generation ❤️

terre said...

what an incredible day for you!! fun to watch from afar...now i have a question for ya: what is the history behind the september 1 party/celebration? i am late to the party and dont really know...

terre

Jan said...

What a wonderful day and a wonderful way to start September!

Sue said...

What an awesome Sept. 1st family get together, Linda, you certainly have a beautiful and talented family.
just keep making those memories. Your spread of goodies looks so inviting!
congratulations to the winners of that wonderful honey., thank you for sharing.
thank you for visiting and for your sweet comment.
Sue

BeachGypsy said...

Love all the fun family photos!! Nothing better than fun times with family.....and yummy food! Right!!?? LOL We are ready for hurricane Dorian here.....waiting to see where it decides to head, and on the strength. Evacuation started today at noon. Rayne and them---are they Bahamas or Puerto Rico, I'm so sorry I don't remember, but just checking on them... I remember them going through a big hurricane maybe last year?? Hugs my friend!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can only add to the previous comments that you had a terrific September 1 gathering, Linda, It was full of wonderful food, much fanmily and a lot of love. I too am so ready for fall now and taco soup sounds great!

NanaDiana said...

Thatsoup sounds really good and like you could doctor it up several ways. I love that your grandson is playing the piano and taking lessons. There is nothing like a child with music in their soul.

You and LD BOTH look really great! Happy week! xo Diana

Jan said...

What a wonderful day you had. I can't believe I won the honey Looking forward to meeting you

Blondie's Journal said...

What a great way to celebrate a day that most of us don't!! You always put out a great spread and your pics show us the love all around.

Love to you, Linda!

Jane x

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely family celebration and
what beautiful music.
Love, Phyllis

Rain said...

Hi Linda :)) What a lovely post, such beautiful people!! The food looks great and the way you made up the Sangria is so wonderful! What fun to celebrate September 1st!

The Feminine Energy said...

Happy Autumn... happy family! Love, Andrea xoxo