Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Wednesday Blessings!

First of all - I am praising God for another good day for Summer and that Louis Dean is doing much better! Not 100% but he IS eating and playing music again.
He is taking this whole ordeal seriously and it's been a real wake up call for him.
He's not 65 anymore and there are repercussions when he insists on acting like he is!

As I was leaving this morning, I told him he could NOT go outside and play under any circumstances! He was to stay in and not get into any trouble.

He didn't go outside but guess what he did?
Yup! He cooked hamburgers!
And I was so happy that he felt not only like eating but well enough to COOK!!
AND he cleaned up - more or less......so that was a Win! WIN!!

I picked Lillian up and we met my sister, Luann, at MiMi's Cafe for lunch.


Lillian's husband was in the Air Force and Luann's husband was in the military and they both had been stationed in Germany so they had a good bit to talk about.
I ordered tomato basil soup and drug my sleeve through it so I had to go to the ladies room and wash it off. It made me feel so good to see them just chatting away as I walked back to our table.
Lillian needed this. Conversation and getting out of her tiny little room. 
She hadn't been outside the nursing home since the last time I took her out.


It was such a good day!
Luann is about the friendliest person you will ever meet so she charmed Lillian right off the bat!
I gave Luann her jar of honey and she gave me a stack of magazines and we all hugged goodbye.


Then I took Lillian to Walmart on McCart Street to do some shopping.


She specifically asked to go the that store since it's the one her granddaughter shops at and she had given her grandmother $20 to get some pants.
Lillian found 3 pair of leggings for under $6 each.


She also bought a pair of shoes and some sox.....
and we picked up some cereal and a few other things.
She said she enjoyed every minute!

It was such a hot day that by the time I got back home I was exhausted so I came in, checked on Louis Dean and went straight to bed for a couple of hours.

We are still going to the ranch but not as soon as we planned.
The thought of going outside and loading up is enough to make Louis Dean pause.
I'm thinking we can go Monday so we can be at the Bee Meeting Tuesday evening.
We could even go down on Tuesday if it came to that.

So I have been hauling in a few more tubs of fall things and it looks like I will be all decorated inside the house and on the front porch by the end of the weekend.

I'm saving the Halloween things for October and I'm saving a few tubs of fall debris to use in the gazebo.....and I am really hoping we can get the top put on soon. 
That was what Louis Dean intended to do when we got home from the ranch but instead he chose to clean up the one and only part of the back yard that did not bother me!!
It had lumber and plywood and things he loaded in the truck so he can build a tool shed for his equipment down at the ranch.

After he gets back to his normal self, I am going to bat my eyelashes at him and see if he will get that top on!!!


18 comments:

Terra said...

That was a wonderful outing for Lillian, I am a volunteer visitor at a retirement/memory care home and those rooms are tiny. Getting out of the building for fun and not a dr. appointment is a real treat for your friend. Good news your hubby is feeling better and even cooking hamburgers.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Wonderful Day Linda. Good the LD is feeing better than yesterday.
Hugs.
Joy

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so glad he is doing better! Maybe he just way overdid it! Lillian looks like she is doing well, shopping with her walker. Continued good news about Summer! How often will she need to get the injections?

Bluebird49 said...

Lillian having a good day out makes me smile! And hearing your hubby is better does, too.
Luanne is so cute. How nice it must be to have sisters!

Vee said...

Well he won’t be able to resist that batting of the eyes. 😁

So glad that Lillian got out of her birdcage for a bit. I am sure that it did her a world of good. Looks as if you ladies all enjoyed yourselves. The sleeve through the soup episode sounds like something I have done.

Pace yourselves now. It’s just too hot for doing too much.

Nancy Chan said...

Good to know that Louis Dean is feeling better. So nice of you to take Lillian out and wonderful that everyone had a good time. Take care and have a fabulous day!

Susie said...

Linda, You know LD would do anything in his power for you. But batting your eyelashes would be sweet. Gosh that was so nice of you to take Lillian out, to meet Luann and have lunch and go shopping. She seems to be doing fine pushing her cart thru the store. Hope LD feels stronger each new day. Praying for you both. Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You're going to bat your eyelashes....now why didn't I think of that! heeheehee! Glad he is feeling some better! And how wonderful to take Lillian out for the day! Take it easy in this heat! We are HOT again today too! Hugs!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I’m so glad to hear about Louis Dean cooking hamburgers!

One of the best things you’ve done for Lillian is to create a community of friends from your own family! Her world has expanded and that is a great thing, as I think people who live in nursing homes worlds’ get small.

Bat those eyelashes girl!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes, do be careful in that heat. It can really wear us down. Loading everything up and then unloading when you get there is a lot of work. It'll be awhile before it will be cooler. It's a dark and cloudy morning here with a chance of rain and it makes it hard to get started with it being so dark out here, I'm looking forward to some sunshine, but not the heat. You are an angel to Lillian and make such a difference in her life. I cannot imagine living in a place where I never had a chance to get out. It gives new meaning to cabin feaver. Hope you both stay well and keep cool. Happy thursday!

Changes in the wind said...

Such good news all the way around. Sweet pictures of Lillian and it is clear she was having a really good time. Really happy to hear LD is feeling better too and Summer.

Curtains in My Tree said...



I have got to catch up on whats going on with Louis Dean. I have been on a blog break just about all summer

Catch you later after I read back posts

Janice

photowannabe said...

Batting your eyelashes certainly will do the trick.. that coy look will melt LD.
I'm so glad both Summer and LD are doing better.
What a load off your shoulders.
It's good that LD obeyed and didn't go out "to Play"
Let's get him back to his old self but with a little more reserve.
Lillian looks like your visit perked her up and she found a few things to brighten her days.
Your sister seems like such a Dear too.
Great update.
Sue

Rain said...

I've missed so much Linda! I went back to read a few posts. I'm happy to hear both Summer and Louis Dean are doing much better. It's so hard to watch those we love suffer! Bat those eyes!!! :)

Carole said...

That's great. Good luck with the batting. I have to use reverse psychology - like we are going to lunch today because I said it wasn't a good day to go out really.... Cheers

Judy said...

I'm back home from vacation and catching up here. You've had so much going on over there! Hope LD is completely back to his 'old self' soon. Cooking (and eating burgers) is a good sign! Keep batting those lashes. :)

Sue said...

The eyelashes work every time, Linda, go for it. I am happy to hear Louis Dean is doing better, it is so hard for folks who love to work to slow down, I was put on lock down today by my dh, as I have been overworking this week. ~wink~
So nice that Luann and Lillian could get together, sounds like a great day for all.

I love your new blog design, bees are so happy.

Thanks for your sweet comment.
Blessings,
Sue

Saimi said...

Sounds like good news with Mr. Louis Dean! I guess I missed the post on what was going on with him but I've been running and chasing twin 6 year old boys around haha they sure keep me on my toes. What a fun successful shopping trip! Love WalMart and good bargains! How can that man of yours not get better with you batting your eyelashes at him!!