Friday, August 30, 2019

Our Friday.....

I took my 36 year old Bernina to Sew It Up in Hurst to leave it for a good cleaning and servicing.
I had a Bernina back when my house burned in June of 1983 when I lost all the contents - including my sewing machine! At the State Fair that September, I bought a brand new Series 930 Bernina.
I don't intend on ever having to but another one. They last forever!


I noticed these storm clouds and strong winds as I was nearly to the place and I managed to get in and out before the rain hit.


My next stop was Aldi for September First food!
My sister's Taco Soup recipe will be the menu along with all the toppings, chips. salsa, guacamole....
and a table of appetizers of cheese and crackers.
I saw this bottle of White Sangria and decided I will make a punch.


I love Aldi!!

Louis Dean had been working outside on the Gazebo wiring earlier in the day but came in when I got ready to leave for my errands. He was still napping when I got home. I am so glad he is pacing himself.

He made coffee for me this morning and mentioned he had a hard time opening the tins.


This is our coffee cup station and where I keep my flavored gourmet coffees.
He said he cleaned it up - mostly.
I noticed this morning a crunch as I walked through here but didn't think too much about it.
It was before I had my coffee and woke up completely!


When I was putting up the groceries this afternoon, I looked down and thought the potatoes and onions had water spilled on them. Not so! It was coffee!!!


Good thing I stocked up with new coffee from Aldi!
I opened them and filled my tins back up.
They smell heavenly! Especially the Maple Bacon!!!


I thought this would be a fun dessert for the First.
This will be a FIRST for celebrating my September First - hosting a family dinner!
Only 1 more day and a wake up!!!!

This evening we went over to the Bells for Pizza, Popcorn, Movie and Coke Night!!



Granddad is not always up for a movie - he prefers westerns with John Wayne - but he does love the Bells!


The kids were all so exited to see him!


Another friend joined the party - and she brought her 8 month old dog, Finley.
He was the star of the show!


Amber has a knack for choosing good family movies for their Friday nights.
This one was fun for everyone - including Finley and Granddad!
When the dogs would bark in the movie - Finley would bark!

It was a fun night all around.
Now I am going to take a hot shower and try to sleep this headache off.
The good news is my knee doesn't hurt nearly as much.
I hope it lasts for a good while.

In other news, Summer is making her way back home.
The coming hurricane to Florida has cancelled the plans that were made.
Plus her pain has come back much earlier than expected so she will make an appointment with the doctor once she's in town. She gets down and discouraged but she doesn't give up.
I do so admire that about her!



12 comments:

Arlene G said...

Happy September 1st or as I call it, Linda Chapman Day!! I always think of you on September 1st! Sorry that Summer is having pain again. I hope the doctor has an answer for her. We are off to a Soccer Game in the morning. Then to Ben's house on Sunday for a visit.

Bluebird49 said...

Sounds like Summer takes after her mama! Hope the hurricane will just play out, but we have to wait and see.
Have a great September First!

Chatty Crone said...

Okay why is September 1st so important to you? What is September First Food at Aldi's? Unusual coffee flavors!! Love his clean up job. sandie

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my, her pain has returned so soon! I am so sorry. I remember The Shaggy Dog, that is an old one! This is such a good picture of Louis Dean & Amber!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Lots of hugs for Grandpa. Busy day Linda, hope Summer's doctor can help again. Bernina's are the best sewing machines.
Joy

BeachGypsy said...

Stopped in to see how y'all are doing, especially Summer and also you and your headache. Is it gone by now??--i hope. Ever since I've known you, i guess maybe a few years by now??--I've always thought of you and how you love September 1st!!, as it draws near. Now it's almost here again and I know i'ts your happy happy day!! Not much longer now!! I guess I'm kind of like that with MAY....I love May, it's Mother's day and my b/ay and even our anniversary too!---so I love May. Glad to see you've got your Fall decor up...I have mot even got out the bins yet. I used to always have it all out by September 1st or second, or at least the first WEEK OF SEPTEMBER, LOL!! But the past years, I've been slower and slower and putting less and less up. I do like a good fully decorated Fall mantel on the fireplace though! And I love love love outside Fall decorations, hay bales and "punkins" and all.

Susie said...

Linda, Soon Neil Diamond will be singing to you. I know you are ready. Where did my summertime go? That's all I can think. Oh the picture of LD and the grands is a good one. It probably did him good to be hugged on by those sweet kids. Sure hope you get that sewing machine fix. I miss my old Singer. I have Janome and I have never loved it like that Singer.
Poor sweet Summer, I pray God will bless her and take the pain from her. When the hurricane news first started , I wondered if she would try to get back to P.R. She sure doesn't need stress, that never helps pain.
The picture of the dark clouds looked threatening. Glad you got your running done. Blessings to all, xoxo,love you, Susie

Vee said...

Summer is very much like her mother. I could see Trystan in her mama in that first photo. Sounds as if the family dinner will be amazing. How good for everyone to be together again. Praying for strength and pain relief. (Those tins can be awfully tight. Poor Louis Dean!)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I LOVE THE last quote, NEVER GIVE UP. Something good to remember for all of us. We need to stick with it and keep on keeping on. Giving up is not an option for me. I liove life too much. So much I still want to do before it's all over. So enjoy shopping at Aldi, but haven't been there in awhile. I need to get there more often.

MadSnapper said...

so sorry they had to cancel their plans and that the pain is back. I do know riding makes my back and hip and knees hurt more than normal. maybe all that driving caused it and when she gets stable in one place it will get better. I do hope so and she is in my prayers. have fun on your Labor Day/1st day of Sept dinner party

photowannabe said...

I'm so sorry Summer's pain has returned and that she had to cancel plans for Florida.
Florida is not the place to be right now. Praying for everyone.
I'm also glad that LD is pacing himself. He's such a dear, even when coffee goes where it's not suppose too.
Speaking of coffee, I'm fascinated by the bacon flavor...I like vanilla and chocolate flavors...not sure about bacon. Do you like it??
I can't wait to hear all about your Family Dinner...
Taco soup and all the trimmings sounds fabulous. Makes me hungry right now.
All of the extras you are adding really make it a magnificent banquet.
Hope your headache is gone. I too got headaches when I got a steroid shot in my knee. It can be miserable...Prayers for you too.
Sue

Judy said...

I won my sewing machine at the Pacific National Exhibition in 1971 and it's still going strong almost 50 years later. Here's to sewing machines that just keep going (and it's not even a Bernina)! Sorry to hear Summer is having issues and had to change her plans. Enjoy this last day of August!