Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Tuesday Treasures!

It was a Movie Tuesday!!


Aladdin was SOOOOOO good!!!


I went with Amber and the gang and had the best time!
I sat right there next to Trystan.
My favorite moment was when she leaned over to me and whispered,
"I think this is such a romantic movie!"

I have a box of photos of Amber's from Amber's birthday parties when she was little and thought the kids would enjoy seeing pictures of her when she was their age.
I was right. So many of them look like Kailey does now. Once again, Trystan said, "Mama still looks the same." I had fun looking through them. I also had a journal Amber kept when she was their age.
They liked seeing her writing and drawings.

When I was leaving their house I mentioned I was going by Goodwill to drop off some things and Mike asked me is I was just dropping off? I said, "Of course not!"
I always go in after I drop off!
He gave me a bag of his stuff to leave and off I went to the Goodwill on Midway Road in Dallas.
I spent a grand total of $9.08!
This is what I got.......


A big 16 X 20 canvas which I hung on my pantry door.


A wine bottle box.....it lives in the laundry room now with my wine display.


A movie to take to the ranch.


This cute sign now hangs in the table.....


along with this one!
I took down two metal signs and will take them to the ranch.


I love this small wreath!
It hangs in the foyer.


And this small one is in the living room by the stereo.

Traffic was over and I was heading home when Lillian called me in tears.
She is getting some new dentures but they have not arrived yet and her old ones are giving her blisters and have made her gums so sore she hasn't been able to eat in three days.
She told the nurse and the aids but they can't or won't or at least DID NOT help her.
I told her I would call her right back and then I called Nita.
She dropped what she was doing and went right over to the nursing home!
She took Lillian a bottle of Campho-Phenique along with some Q-tips.
I had not even got home yet when Nita called to tell me Lillian said it was already helping.
It's so frustrating to be in a nursing home and not be able to get any help when you are hurting so badly. I'm so thankful we can help Lillian and I am grateful Nita was able to go right over!


I'm so thankful God gave us Lillian!
Hopefully the dentist will be there soon and she will have better fitting dentures.

16 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I love the two chef pictures and the I will live it plack!

Blondie's Journal said...

Always good times with those kiddos! I've been showing Madelyn pictures of Emily when she was ;little, she doesn't get it. But I showed her a picture of my mom, her great grandmother and she pointed and said, "Mommy". That's how much Emily looks like HER grandma! My fifth grand is coming in November. All you ladies are right, it's the best!

Jane x

Ginny Hartzler said...

Lillian is truly blessed to have you for her friend. I know that otherwise, she would be so helpless. I love all your Tuesday Treasures, and would have bought them myself! I have those chef decals on my kitchen cabinets.

Bluebird49 said...

Love you finds as always! I know you get tickled at those kids and the things they came up with.
I feel badly for !Lillian! Tooth and gum problems are terrible!So glad Nita could help!

Estelle's said...

You are an angel....so is Nita...how lovely to help so quickly...and how sad medical care is these days....purging closets as we speak for more Goodwill donations..such great things others will enjoy using. Each time I donate, I always think...I should call Linda first!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You really are wonderful to help and it's nice that Nita can be there for her too. Sometimes older people are impatient too and don't think they are getting enough individual help. I'm sure the ladies there are doing a good job and trying their best. It's just not easy getting older and having so much go wrong. Enjoy your day!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

So sad to read about Lillian’s dental distress, Linda, and how wonderful that you were able to get some help for her. Always enjiy your thrift store “finds” and of course you have to go in even when dropping off. Looks like the movie outing was fun for all.

MadSnapper said...

that is the sad thing about nursing homes, if a person doesn't have someone to help them they are just stuck with no one who cares. God gave my dad a CNA that LOVED him, when he died she cried more than I did. she bought him candy bar every day at 3 because that is when she left him... when he died she asked if I had a photo of him she could hang on her mirror at home. she gave him double breakfast because at lunch he would only eat ice cream or pudding. you are Lilians God given gift, you and Nita. ha ha on you dropping off at a thrift store without going inside. aint never gonna happpn

Rain said...

Linda, that breaks my heart about Lillian. Being in pain like that and nobody taking her seriously or helping her. She must have felt so helpless...I hope things get better for her with her new dentures. I've heard the term "elder abuse"...and I wonder if there is a bit of that going on in all nursing homes...on a lighter note, your fat chefs on bikes were such a great find! I love them! xx

Vee said...

What fun for the grands to have you along for the movie. What fun for them to see the treasures you have of their mom’s and to see her pictures when she was their age. I still have pics of my six-year-old mom around my home.

Don’t get me started on nursing homes. So glad that Lillian has some wonderful advocates in you and Nita. May the new dentures resolve her troubles very soon.

That son-in-law of yours is quite funny. What a question! 😁🤓


photowannabe said...

It's so sad that Lillian didn't get the attention she needed but you and Nita are such a blessing for her.
Just angels !!!
Love all your GoodWill goodies.
You certainly make your house a home.

Carol said...

Thank you for caring so much for Miss Lillian! I am sure she appreciates it. I realize now that my mother in law is in a home, just how important your visits are for those ladies.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What fun to see the movie with the kids!

Poor Lillian! So glad Nita was able to go over and help her! The least the nursing home should do was give her ensure to drink!

Carole said...

So glad Lillian felt she could reach out to you. Do you think I would like Aladdin?? Cheers

Carla said...

You always find the coolest items when you go to Goodwill.
I'm glad Nita came to the rescue.
I sure hope the nurses aren't like that all the time!

BeachGypsy said...

LOVED SEEING ALL your new treasures, my friend! And seeing the kids enjoy the movie. I love to take little granddaughter to the movies and watch her reactions, she sure does love to go! I am sure hoping they have helped Lilian by now??--has the dentist come by? Hope your week has been nice, it's been HOT AND MUGGY here. Summer is here for sure and we haven't even hit the worst of the temps yet...