Sunday, June 30, 2019

Back Home and Catching Up! Thursday to Sunday.....


Our vacation is over and we thank you for all the sweet comments for our anniversary.


We were packed tighter than a drum going home but we managed to get it all in!


We saw this card at Sam's Restaurant in Fairfield on our way home! 
I'm happy to say that we are still at the 'Two hearts and a diamond' stage of our marriage.


We had one last hurrah of a lunch at Sam's and got home at 4:30 Thursday afternoon.
I unlocked the front door, stepped inside and sniffed.
The house smelled good so I knew we didn't have a water problem with the storms that came through while we were away. As usually happens with us - we did have a minor crisis!
Louis Dean cut the water off before we left - to better insure no broken pipes or anything when we were gone - so when he turned the water back on - there wasn't any!
I knew it hadn't been turned off because we still have a credit from when they adjusted our bill from the last water leak that costs several hundred extra dollars.
Both neighbors had water so - Louis Dean needed to try turning it on again.
I walked out and turned a hose on by the rose bushes so I could tell him when the water came on.
He said that wasn't necessary since he had a faucet right there beside him.
Problem turned out to be - he had turned that faucet OFF instead on ON and no matter what way he turned the water - the faucet was not going to work.
We had a good laugh about it - later!

We got home early enough to put things to rights and by bedtime the laundry was going and we were all unpacked and back to normal.


Friday morning I was up early and out the door by 9:30 to pick Lillian up for lunch and shopping.
We ate at La Madeleine - she had never been there before!

I had planned on taking her to the grand opening of a new Goodwill located at I20 and Hwy 377.
However, Deanie warned me that it was so crowded so I decided to shop at McCart Thrift instead.
It's a big store with wide isles and that's important since she was in a wheelchair.


She found four cute tops.
She mentioned she thought the prices were a little high for a thrift store.
I said, "Lillian, I'm pretty sure I can afford anything that is in this store!"
Less than $20 for all four.

Of course, I found a few treasures of my own!


Lillian spotted this top and said, "Linda, this is just perfect for you!"
And it is!!


Brand new candles in little silver pots for the kitchen - they smell SO good!


I love the sunflowers!


I like this lacy top but I'm going to undo the elastic at the bottom and let it hang straight instead.

We had a successful day!
Lillian is still in the private temporary room but plans are to move her soon.
Thanks to our making such a big deal of the audio recording in her former room, I'm glad to say that it is no longer allowed. The video - yes and I can understand that. But audio? Without permission?
The staff assured me we did nothing wrong in calling attention to it being against the law.
As a matter of fact - I think they are relieved!

I got home about 4:30 on Friday.
Guess that's my magic hour these days!

We are back to working on the back decks and cutting back the jungle of overgrowth.
It's summer in Texas and, while it hasn't hit a100 degrees yet, it is still hot!
So it's better to work as many hours as we can after the sun goes down enough to give us some shade.

Saturday he went back to work outside and I went to a baby shower!


Stephanie's oldest daughter is expecting her first child on September 1st!
I made a large denim quilt for her and a smaller crib quilt for her baby.


I just love this photo of Stephanie!
The last gift to be opened at the shower was for her!
A grandmother gift with things she will need when the baby visits.
I am so happy for Stephanie......she's going to be a wonderful GiGi.

I couldn't be in two places at the same time......


but there was another baby shower and I had sent the gift down with Summer and they were kind enough to snap a pic for me.


Louis Dean was working hard when I got back home.


Bless his heart!
He's such a hard worker and I just keep telling him that there's no deadline in getting it all done - just as long as it's finished this year!


We closed out Saturday night with a glass of wine and were in bed before 10:00!

It was good to be in church this morning!


The current series is At the Movies and Ed Young takes a classic - Top Gun was the movie today - and has it edited to show the gist of the film and then it switches to him in scenery like in Top Gun and he gives his message as the film progresses. 

The Bells had saved seats for us and guess who sat beside Granddad??


Yup!!


There were photo ops all over the lobby and Amber snapped this one of us with the grands.
Look how they have grown!
My sister, Nita, noticed the girls are all standing like dancers and Harrison is so cute!!

We all went out to eat like old times!


Logan was hugging Granddad and Trystan was standing beside me and said, "You should take a picture!" By the time I got my phone out the scene had changed but I love the way Granddad is paying such close attention to her.

This was a perfect Sunday!
Gospel music as we got ready for church, a good service, lunch out and an afternoon nap!


But it was back to work late this afternoon.


Louis Dean knows what he's doing but I can't remember what it is.
French drains, another sump pump, pouring concrete and replacing decks.
And then there's some landscaping that's going to need some attention.
And the gazebo needs to be put up.
Step by step.....
Louis Dean says he plans on getting the gazebo up this week and that would be really good since it would give us a shady place to rest out of the sun and we can plug in some fans to cool off.
The heat doesn't bother him as much as it does me.
In closing, I would like to say that our beach day was just wonderful but it was hot!
The fact that Louis Dean would sit for hours in the sun with his overalls, tennis shoes and socks on - and never once asked if it was time to go - is proof that he really loves me!



18 comments:

Saimi said...

I can't get over how much your Louis Dean reminds me of my dad. He is such a worker bee and constantly has a project to work on. As for you you little thrift shopper. Both you girls really found some cute tops. I love the photos of you and your grandchildren. They really do grow fast. I can see by the pictures they have a very special relationship with you guys.

Vee said...

♥️ Yes, he certainly loves you and you have many such proofs! (What a hilarious card!)

My goodness, yes the grands have grown a lot. I notice that you’ll be able to borrow shoes from those granddaughters.

Lillian looks so happy when she’s with you. Glad that you both found treasures at the Goodwill. You always do!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful whirlwind you have been having since your return! I am so glad the house behaved itself while you were gone, too! Harrison and the girls have grown so much, and they know how to pose for sure, like little models!

BeachGypsy said...

I'm real glad y'all got this anniversary stay at the beach--very special time and very special setting! Glad y'all made it home safely and I do love those blouses she got--especially the two on top, very cute. Oh, and I immediately knew that was one of the blue jean quilts you'd been working on, soon as I saw the picture!--those turned out great and I just know they'll love them and use them alot through the years. What do y'all have planned for this new week? It's awful hot here.

Bluebird49 said...

I love love love this whole post!
Aren't you wearing the top Lillian showed you? It looks great, and wow, those four are growing up. I'm so glad to still see them once in awhile!❤❤

Kathy said...

Be careful doing a lot of work in this heat. Even I am having trouble working in the yard. It's just too hot! So glad you were able to get away for your anniversary and that the house was OK when you got back. The church services sound like such fun. I have a friend in Alabama whose church did the same thing a few years back. How great to be able to spend some time with the quads. You can see how much they all love you and LD.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you got away and had a good time for your anniversary. Your outing with Lilian looks great too and I'm glad she found some things she liked too. That looks like quite an undertaking with the new deck and all. Hope you both take care working in the heat. It's going to look so nice when all is done and you get your gezebo back. I know how much you love to sit out there.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

There is so much to love in this post! Time with Lillian, thrifting (those candles!), church and lunch with the grands and Amber and Mike. Work at home, love....

What a beautiful life!

Arlene G said...

Glad you got home safely and found everything in order. Precious Lillian....I know she is thankful for your intervention on her behalf at the nursing home. We had church, ate lunch with friends and then I spent the afternoon stitching. We had our Margaret with us but I was late in posting my blog this morning. Those granddaughters are a blessing indeed.

Changes in the wind said...

Glad you made it home safely and had a good time. I don't like the heat much either:) I am amazed at how much a quads have grown and changed!! Harrison is so cute:) Nice picture of you and Marriam and am sure she had a wonderful time. LD seems happiest when he has a project...

MadSnapper said...

LD is not only a worker bee but is soooo photogenic. i don't think you ever get a bad photo of him or of the quads. they all look so cute and happy. the blouses were a super find. and the price was right. she doesn't know what they cost in a store... so glad the house was ok when you returned..

Chatty Crone said...

You sure do love each other. Your two shirts were exceptionally pretty and I am so glad you got to take Lillian out. The water story was funny. We have done stuff like that too.

photowannabe said...

Yours is a true Love Story.
The look on LD's face listening to your precious Grand is priceless. Love just oozes from it.
You find the best bargins when you "Thrift". Love the blouses and know that Lillian does too.
As others have said...take it easy in the heat. That deck and yard are going to be an oasis for you two.
Thankful your home was sweet smelling when you returned.
It's always a pleasure to visit your journal.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Anni said...

A late anniversary wish from me to you two. One of these days, I may show up on your doorstep to go thrifting with you...you find suc awesone stuff!

Azka Kamil said...

awesome article.
thanks for sharing :)

Judy said...

So nice to catch up on the happenings over here again! Your posts are always chock full of good stuff! Good buys at the thrift store! As someone else said, we need to take you along with us when we visit thrift stores. Sweet pic's with the grands. Belated happy anniversary to you two...and 'don't work too hard'!

Rain said...

Wow, Louis Dean is such a hard worker! You are blessed to have each other! :) Nice tops!!! Oh and I love Woodbridge wine! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Just spent some time catching up on previous posts, Linda. You and Louis Dean have been working hard and enjoying life, always making time for family and friends and that’s always so great to read, you and Lillian scored more great finds. Those candles were my favorite. Also, belated anniversary wishes.