Sunday, March 31, 2019

Rest and Recover Weekend......

I woke up Saturday feeling like a truck had run right over me because I hurt just about all over.
I took a couple of Aleve, plugged in the heating pad and stayed in bed until the afternoon.
The heat on my shoulders and neck felt good.


Bed is a good place to be.
I read and prayed, wrote in my Country Diary and played word games.
And I napped.
Louis Dean kept the coffee coming bringing a new cup to replace the one I had just finished.
Three cups in all. It worries Louis Dean when I am sick and he hovers and waits on me.


I relocated to the den in the afternoon - taking my heating pad with me and made a bed on the couch.
I even popped some popcorn.


We watched The Bucket List. Probably not the best choice since it brought back memories of Louis Dean's beloved Ellen when she was so sick with cancer. Still, I think he enjoyed the movie for the most part and then we both went to bed to take naps.

I had meant to get up and fix us some food and watch another movie but I woke up sick with a stomach bug that lasted the rest of the night.
Now Louis Dean really worried and I was too sick to comfort him.
He would stand at the bedroom door and then come over and stand by the bed checking on me.
I asked him to sleep in the guest room as I certainly didn't want him to get sick, too.
I was in bed so much Saturday that the day morphed into the night and by 2:00 AM I was finally feeling better and slept well the rest of the night.

Louis Dean was up before me this Sunday morning.
He already knew we weren't going to church so he recorded Ed Young, Sr.'s Winning Walk on TV for us to watch and had fixed my coffee but hadn't turned it on yet.
When he heard me in the kitchen, he came in, saw that I was feeling better and smiled so big, laughed and hugged me saying, "I am SO happy you are better!!"
I'm telling you, it squeezed my heart.
I don't think there's any better feeling in all the world than to know I am so truly loved.
I made us some cheese toast for a quick breakfast and we caught up on our Bible reading and watched the service he'd recorded.

Even though I felt so much better, I continued to rest most of this day.
I did a little puttering here and there....I wrote and mailed a note.....ran some laundry....
did a few chores.


Mostly I rested.
It was another chilly day so I lit the fireplace and binge watched the last season of Fixer Upper.


Louis Dean worked outside doing some work on the kitchen wall.
I could hear him if he called and needed me to hold the ladder or fetch something.
Yesterday he didn't do any projects of any kind other than play his music.
But since I wasn't really sick today and he didn't feel like he had to keep an eye on me - he set about doing one of his projects. He loves doing things and I think that's what keeps him young.
It's like his hobby - doing the various repairs and updates and such.
He's good about taking breaks and resting - usually.


The least I could do was make dinner.
I thought taking a pic before I cut open and loaded up the baked potatoes looked healthier!


Keeping it real here, folks!
We still have a lot of work to do and are trying to get it done before we go back down to the ranch. 
I'm getting excited about getting back down there. The word is they have new critters! Goats and pups!!


22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry you have been feeling so badly. But you did just the right thing; your body was telling you to slow down. And now you will be great for the ranch!

BeachGypsy said...

Sometimes we just have to take a "bed day" to rest and recover from all the stuff we do.....so that we can prepare ourselves and be strong and rested to go do MORE STUFF!! LOL

Anonymous said...

You certainly got hit by some kind of bug for sure! Good that it didn’t last long, I think sometimes our body tells us when we need a rest, that man of yours is a keeper, what a sweetheart, continued good health!

Vee said...

💕You have a dear Beloved and so does he...a match truly made in Heaven. Very happy that you are on the mend. I don’t think a few more days of rest would be a bad thing. Course, you do love to be on the go. Sometimes, I think you folks have only two speeds: go, go, go or crash in bed. Take it easy now. Saying a prayer for added strength. Sending love...

Estelle's said...

Hope you are feeling in the pink again...sometimes life catches up with you and rest is what is needed...we have so much work to do outside too...with winter weather leaving dead shrubs and a a patio that needs a good power wash. Hopefully Spring weather will be our blessing this week..y'all have a good one!

Susie said...

Linda, I am happy you are better too. You needed that rest and heat pad. I love my heat pad....it's more like a security blanket for me. LOL. Good ole LD , work, work, work. I think that keeps him young too. I think he may be like Ted used to be on some of projects, getting every tool out. I swear once he had three or four drill motors out for a decking job we had. Get picture of the new critters when you go. Blessings to all, xoxo,love you, Susie

Kathy said...

I had that same stomach bug and so did Joe at the same time. Not good. But at least it leaves quickly. Glad you are feeling better. It is good to rest. I take every Sunday off and just go to church and then spend the afternoon napping. Our bodies will tell us when it's time to slow down.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hate to hear you've been sick too. You did the right thing to take it easy and get some rest! I know you love to get things done but you're always on the go! Love how sweet L.D. is....what a sweetheart! Wish I could give him a hug...oh and you too! Hugs!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Stomach flu has been going around here, the 24 hour variety. So far I've managed to avoid it. Rest is the best cure for sure. Glad you have Louis Dean to take care of you. It is a new week filled with wonderful possibilities! Hope you continue to feel better and get your strength back.

MadSnapper said...

i knew you were under the weather and staying in bed, but did not know about the bug you got. i can take the achy bones and bed rest but NOT the stomach bug. ugh! glad you are better. R and R is a good thing for all of us....

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

No wonder you were achy and feeling bad, that bug was already taking hold! Glad it is over now, and you’re feeling better. Louis Dean does surely love you, and I do too! ☺️

Sometimes when you’re working on a repair or clean up, it’s a mess before it’s better! We just have to keep our eyes on the goal!

They have pups at the ranch? What fun that will be!

Arlene G said...

I am sure LD is a good nurse who provides lots of TLC!! Hope you are feeling better Linda. Marvin and I were just discussing the fact that our stamina is not what it used to be!!

RobinS57 said...

Baby goats are THE BEST! I look forward to photos. Hoping you both stay in good health!

The Feminine Energy said...

So glad you feel better, honey, but I've heard that stomach flu is really making its rounds. Our household has avoided it thus far but I'm not holding my breath. We don't go out too much but all it takes is once, eh?

Your "real" is just like it is for the rest of us, my friend. Chores never leave us and many times those chores are in various stages of "done". Just gotta go with the flow, do whatever we can do in a day's time, and save the rest for the days that follow. My Mom always used to say that chores will surely wait for us. So true.

Continue to get better, Linda. I am praying for you.

Love, Andrea xoxo

Bluebird49 said...

Oh, I am so sorry! Glad you are better, and glad you got some rest! We have avoided the bug so far, and sure hope it continues!
My heating pad is my best friend, along with an ice pack always in the freezer. Someone mentioned we don't have as much stamina -- how true!!

photowannabe said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better, you can't keep a strong woman like you down for long.
I'm also glad you listened to your body and let it heal.
Louis Dean is a real gem. I love the way he takes care of you.
Going to the ranch will be so much fun. Looking forward to all the photos of the new-borns...
Sue of photowannabe

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Good you rested and gave yourself the time to feel better Linda. Hugs.
Joy

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad you are feeling better - I hate the stomach flu - and I am glad it didn't last long and the Louis Dean didn't get it!

Wanda said...

So sorry to hear that you were so sick, but how smart to take care of yourself with rest and sleep. I don't get sick often, but your Louis Dean reminds me of my dearest who hates it when I'm sick, and want to do something, even thought there is nothing he can do. Precious men we have!!
Hope you continue to feel better and are your busy active self again soon.

Carole said...

So glad you are now recovered. Cheers

Carole said...

PS You probably were much too sick to notice the post I did for you yesterday - songs for Linda! Cheers

Derek Rooney said...

I have been diagnosed with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and my doctor has given me Seebri Breezhaler, it's an inhalation powder 44 micrograms. I take it once a day in the morning. It's a great help to breathing, it's a new medicine on test, 10 out of 10 from me! But still yet i was told it has no cure for it. I was fed up to nearly take my life until my son saw a post of a lady who testify that there's a cure for copd and she was diagnosed with this disease for 8 years before she came arrow a website of an Africa clinic. Which provide natural herbal herbs to cure copd and she purchase it through online. My son purchase their copd herbal remedy on my behalf and give it to me to use with the instructions given on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured of this deadly disease within 12 weeks of usage. I advise whosoever reading my testimony should visit www.solutionhealthherbalclinic.com and seek for your solution, You also can email at solutionsherbalclinic@gmail.com.