Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday! New Glasses and Polished Silver!

For the last three weeks I have been promising Louis Dean we would go to the Bass Pro Shop after church. It is literally across the street from Fellowship - if you count a major highway as a street!!
He has his heart set on doing some fishing when we get down to the ranch so he bought himself a brand spanking new minnow bucket and that that inexpensive plastic kind either! That and a good sized net to haul up the fish he hopes to catch plus a few other things that I don't even know what they are! He was a happy camper.


While he shopped I sat in the great room they have before you actually go through the turnstiles and into the store. I sat right there in front of this magnificent fireplace!


What a beauty!
It was a chilly day with a cold wind blowing.
I could have stayed there in front of that fire for a long time but Louis Dean finished his shopping faster than I would have liked.


We walked right next door to the Steak House and I bought Louis Dean a 16 oz rib eye plus a glass of Stout Ale. He was an even happier camper now!
Rufus is going to love that bone!


We had a really good Sunday!

We stopped at Sam's on our way home so I could pick up my prescription 'wear all the time' glasses!


I was a bit daunted by all the selections when picking out glasses and these are the first 'progressives' I've ever had plus the first time I have needed 'wear all the time' glasses.
My check up was last March and it took me the whole year to get around to filling the Rx.
These are actually men's frames and they are next to the cheapest I could get.
I wasn't sure about investing a lot in case I couldn't get the hang of wearing them.
But I like them! I cane see distance, in front of me and I can read - if I keep my head up and look down. It will take some practice.

We came home and took good long Sunday naps and it was dark when I woke up!
I didn't mean to sleep that long!

We are going to the ranch tomorrow and my goal was to leave a clean house to come home to.
I'm slowing down this year and pacing myself so I did not make that goal but over half the house is clean! I'll take that.

The sewing room was what I tackled tonight.
I had worked on it some yesterday and finished it - complete with a candle burning in celebration.
We will be addressing some repairs in there when we get home.
I am so thankful Louis Dean can fix any and every thing that needs fixing!


He helped me polish up the silver for the dining room last night.
That poor silver was so neglected.
It had been left in an uncovered tub in the storage building behind other things and I couldn't see it.
I haven't laid eyes on it in over a year and a half so I am truly happy to see it sitting there sparkling and shining in the fairy lights.

 I am chomping at the bits to get back down to the ranch.
They haven't had any rain for several days so there's no problem getting in but several 90% chance of rain days are in the forecast starting on Tuesday.


We will probably have a campfire tomorrow night to celebrate BEING there!


I love this photo but even with my new glasses I had to enlarge it greatly to read that last word.....

"Life is a journey and only you hold the map."

We don't even need a map to get back down to our Happy Place!!

16 comments:

Brenda said...

Great day!! Enjoy the ranch-love the glasses!!

Bluebird49 said...

Glad you got your glasses! I still use cheap readers for computing. I can still see distance pretty good, but not like I once could.
Have fun at the ranch!

Hootin Anni said...

Enjoy the ranch! And, I think you chose wise with the glass frames...they frame your face perfectly.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Enjoy your journey to the ranch! I’ve had progressives for several years now and I love them!

Vee said...

I’d rewrite that phrase to be more accurate. I don’t want to be in charge of the map. That’d be downright dangerous. 🙃

Happy times ahead at the ranch. The man’s going to fish! Will you join him or is this time for him alone? No need to respond, I’ll be watching.

Glad that you found your silver. It will make Deanna happy. ☺️

Someone asked me about what she thought was my new glasses and I had to tell her that I have lots and lots of readers all over the place. Perhaps one day, I’ll graduate to progressives.

Have fun!

Susie said...

Linda, I love that big fireplace. Looks like a lodge setting. LD does look mighty happy with that steak. :) You will get used to the no line glasses. Took me a long time. You look nice in them. Seeing your polished silver reminds me I need to do ours. Hope it doesn't rain too much while you are at the ranch. I am so ready for dry sunny days, myself. Be safe and enjoy your time. If LD catches any fish get a photo. Blessings, xoxo, love you,Susie

Arlene G said...

We get hoe and you take off!! We had a good time in Georgia but it is always good to come home too. The joys of having two places to call home. I love your glasses. I have progressives and they really are good for reading once you adjust to them. Like you said, you have to hold your head in the right spot. Have fun at the Ranch!! Looking forward to seeing LD's catch!

Changes in the wind said...

Loved that fireplace screen and seeing LD with his steak and potato:) Am happy you will be able to spend some time at the ranch, I know how much you enjoy it. Those glasses take a little time to get use to but in the long run you will love them.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are blessed not to have needed transitional lenses until now. I'v worn mine for several years already. I like the frames you choose. When I downsized I gave away all my silver pieces. One of my son's happens to love it so I'm sure it found a loving home. It does a lot to keep it polished, so I gave the job to him. Hope you have a wonderful Monday and being back at your happy place!

MadSnapper said...

I have been wearing progressive trifocals for 20 years and it does get easier after you wear them for a while... they look really cute on you.. love the silver in the fairy lights. the one and only time I visited Bass Pro Shop was in 2005 in Savannah GA.... I snapped myself silly in that store. my friend said you will get in trouble taking photos. so I found a manager and showed him I was taking photos of wild animals and he said knock your self out, and removed a rope and let me walk closer to the bear... yay for a country visit in the near future

Ginny Hartzler said...

You know how I feel about the silverware from my Facebook post. You are the queen of magic, and make anything look magical. I have no talent for this at all. If we lived close, I would have you come over and do my entire house! I have needed full time glasses since I was a child, now I also need another pair for the computer. I have always wondered about the progressive. I have heard really bad and really good things about them. Please keep me updated about yours. If they work real well for you, I may try a pair. That fireplace is gorgeous! It will be fun to see what all Louis dean catches! He looks so good behind that steak!

Cheapchick said...

Have a safe trip - so nice it is close enough to drive to in one day. Have fun!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great day and everyone went home with something they needed or wanted, even Rufus. I am currently trying to get used to a pair of progressive lenses. I have had them for 3 months and still struggle. I keep finding myself picking up on them with my finger to read. haha. By then end of each day, I swap them out for my old dollar store readers.
I have men frames too.
Lisa

Carole said...

I'm going to borrow that quote! Cheers

Chatty Crone said...

I am so jealous - I have a new prescription but haven't filled it yet either - $$$$. The new glasses look good on you.

jujupage1 said...

Love that quote. It shows us that we are in control of the decisions we make!