Thursday, October 4, 2018

Thursday With Mother and Waiting for Rayne.....

Summer and I spent the afternoon in Fort Worth visiting at the Trail Lake Nursing Home.
We stopped at Braums and picked up chocolate malts and strawberry shakes for our friends.
As soon as we arrived,  I dropped off the tin of Crack Cake slices at the nurses station.
They know when they see me that there will be sweet treats to eat!
I just love that!
Then I wheeled Lillian down to the visiting room where I had set up my laptop to show her all the photos and videos from our vacation.
We had a wonderful time together.
It brought back good memories for her of her voyage to England when she was 17 years old.
65 years ago!
It was 1953 and she was joining her husband who was in the air force.
I love to hear her stories......


We took Mother a malt and a slice of cake and enjoyed a good visit with her.
Summer is her firstborn grandchild and they share a special bond.
It was wonderful to see them together this afternoon.


Mother likes for me to take our picture together and then she chooses which one to post.
She approved this pic and so do I!

We spent several hours at TLN - visited Lillian, Mother, the staff and Roberta.
Everyone was disappointed that Louis Dean didn't come with us but I assured them he will be there next week with his cowboy hat and boots and carrying his new Martin guitar!


When we left, Summer and I picked up some teas at Starbucks and then shopped Hobby Lobby.
I LOVE that store!!

We made really good time on the way back from Fort Worth only to be embroiled in a terrible traffic snarl before we got home.
40 minutes from Fort Worth to Irving.
40 more minutes from Irving to our driveway!
I don't handle traffic well any more and I was this close to having a claustrophobic panic attack.
Summer talked me through it and we turned off and made it home on the back roads.


Louis Dean and I had wine in the gazebo as I regained my equilibrium. 
Whew!! I think I'm beginning to feel my age!

Rayne and Sabrina are in the air making their way to Texas as I write.


I can't wait!!

But I must, so I made up a batch of pumpkin muffins!
They are Rayne's favorite!


All warm and fragrant from the oven......

Just waiting for our girl now!


12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You and your mom both have similar glasses. I love Hobby Lobby, too. It is so big, and has so many things that I can spend a long time there. You are the Baking queen, and use your gift generously.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Lots of hugs coming your way soon. Thanks for visiting my post today, always a treat to hear from you. Thank you always Linda for sharing your day's adventures. I cannot make myself drive in heavy traffic - and today a huge truck hauling a mega huge long load had to turn into the lane I was in - I had time and space to back up but it was not pleasant. Too much street/highway work making the giant work trucks use roads they never use.

Hugs.

Joy

Susie said...

Linda, I am so glad that your mother had time with you and Summer. My first born grandchild and I cried together on the phone yesterday talking about love. She is on her way to celebrate Leo's 1st birthday, with him and his parents. Your mother looks strong in this picture. I see she is wearing her stylish p.j.'s. You took everyone some sweets and shakes and they still want LD. LOL...you know why...he's the sweetest thing of all. Linda, I hate big traffic too. I was amazed at the highway driving you did coming back home from your vacation. :) Blessings to all of you, hug Rayne for me. xoxo,love, Susie

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Glad you had a good visit with your mother and that Rayne is surely there by now! She's looking so grown up!

Bluebird49 said...

Heavy traffic gets to me, too!
Rayne is really growing, and beautiful!
So glad your visit with Lillian and your mom went so well. I know they all light up when you coome in. What a blessing you are!
xoxo,
Trudy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I don't do heavy traffic at all any more. Back roads are the best. Good to see that picture of your mom. Looks like she is doing well. I'm like you when I'm waiting, I try to keep busy too. Making those muffins for your company was time well spent and I'm sure they'll enjoy them. Hope you have a fantastic Friday !

Arlene G said...

So glad to see your mom today. Frankly I was very worried that she might not make it until you were home from your trip Linda. I love seeing the smiles when Summer visits her grandmother. You are right, there is a bond with that first grandchild. Hope you enjoy your time with Rayne and Sabrina.

Changes in the wind said...

Am sure everyone enjoyed the treats and visit and Rayne will love the muffins. I don't do well in heavy traffic either and do my best to avoid it.

MadSnapper said...

hope all your girls are safe together by now. traffic makes me crazy and bob is worse than I am... enjoyed your visit at the home with your friends. I spent hours lisening to stories at a home when I volunteered. one was a nurse from WWII and had so many great stories. I took my laptop to show photos. they loved photos of anything at all

Judy said...

I used to drive confidently and fast right along with the rest of the crowd on the highways. Now, I have figured out ways to go anywhere I have to go via back roads. It is a much pleasanter trip and I arrive calm and relaxed.

Carole said...

I hate traffic snarls too. And when I try to go around them I always pick the wrong route! Cheers

BeachGypsy said...

So good catching up with you my friend, you've sure been on some long and amazing adventures here lately, life long memories made there for sure! Please tell Summer I love those hair bows she makes, they are so cute! I love that "Summer Pillow" you gave her too, so PERFECT FOR HER AND so cute! Glad y'all are safely home and settling back in to your happy and familiar routines and enjoying home, and so glad that water damage was not too bad. I do so love going places, but I love coming home too! Enjoyed seeing all your new thrift store treasures, it's amazing what we can find at those places, isn't it? I find so many fun and happy things! Hope y'all are having a great weekend, hope the plane is in by now and everybody safely landed and there! Enjoy!