Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Baking, Visiting and Getting Ready for the Wedding Convoy! Wednesday....

I'm in Fort Worth tonight as I write this journal entry.
It's nearly 9:00 and I am about to go to bed in Nita and Mike's guest room.

I spent the entire morning and early afternoon baking pumpkin things.


This was seriously delicious and I didn't add the whipped topping. 
That would have put it over the top!
Next time!


I'd made this before using a spice cake mix but this time I used the yellow one.


Then I baked three dozen spiced pumpkin muffins for our Wedding Convoy to Arizona.
Poor Louis Dean. 
I have baked quite a bit lately and given it all away.
When I get home, I'm going to have to bake him something special all his own.

It's been pouring down rain all live long day. Soaking heavy rain.
I drove slow and steady all the way to Fort Worth.
The Dump Cake was a big hit with both the staff and the ladies.
That's why I made it in two pans.
I visited with Lillian for a good long time showing her all the funny videos from Kailey and the hockey pictures from all of the them. She laughed and admired every single one.
I showed her pictures of my Santa wall and all the things we've been doing.

The hospice lady was there giving Mother her bath so I went down later to see her and took her some of the cake. She liked it and we had a nice visit. Mother has a new room mate so I introduced myself and visited with her for a few minutes. She says Mother is quiet. I don't  think she remembers when we tell her Mother can't talk. They pretty much keep the curtain pulled between them all the time.
That might help.

It was dark and still raining when I got to Nita's this evening.


I was finally able to give her the birthday present I've been itching to show her.


I just loved this wine picnic basket and had so much fun filling it up with all sorts of things.
They will be going on to Las Vegas after the wedding which is why I will be riding back with Deanie.
I thought this would be perfect for their trip.
I also gave her a wine cooler bag that holds three bottles of her favorite wine.
I think I did good on this gift!
It made me happy to get it all together and gift it and it made Nita happy to receive it!
Win! WIN!!

I went in and took off all my jewelry awhile ago and put it on the bedside table.


I wore this silver bracelet Sabrina gifted me a few years ago.
It has the Serenity Prayer on it.
I love all the things people have given me.
Everything has a memory attached to it.
I think mine and Sabrina's spirits were in touch with one another today because I thought of her as I wore the bracelet and she sent me a text message on my way to Fort Worth.


I got this in the mail before I left today.
I just love this sunflower tray from my friend, DeeDee!
And a big bonus was the box full of packing peanuts that will dissolve in water!
The next time the quads are over I'm going to do a science project with them!
AND - I'm going to mail some to Rayne!!
Bet she will get a big kick out them!!

Okay, I'm heading to bed and I think it's kind of funny that I'm going to be getting up earlier than Sandra - aka the Mad Snapper!!!



12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh yes, The Mad One gets up at 4 A.M. You will need lots of coffee. Your tray is so pretty! The picnic basket is gorgeous, and a wonderful gift!

The Feminine Energy said...

Yes, we do feel guilty cooking & baking for others as our husbands watch the food go out the door. *haha* I made spagetthi and a chocolate cake for a young mother with 4 children who had a hysterectomy & rotator cuff surgery... all on the same day!! :-O I can't imagine the pain!! Anyway, there's 6 people that need to eat a meal 3x a day at her house so.... I thought she might like a little help. She appreciated the food immensely. But we certainly didn't have spagetthi and chocolate cake for dinner, that's for sure. Oh well.... we were "well fed" from the good feeling about helping others. Enjoy the wedding and have a safe trip, my dear friend. Lovingly, Andrea xoxo

Carol said...

Sounds as though you have certainly had a busy day. I rarely ever bake anymore but I will need to begin doing some more now that the grand doll is getting older. it should be fun!

Vee said...

That Dump Cake looks seriously delicious. Nita’s gift is wonderful. My sister’s birthday gifts sit on the movie bench behind me...not nearly so inspired. Happy times ahead for you with your sibs! Have great fun, good talks, and sweet times. Happy trails...

MadSnapper said...

I am now wondering who got up first, I got up at 3:46 today.. you might have beaten me. waiting to hear. have a safe fun trip. love the gift for Deanie

Susie said...

Linda, I love your new tray. Glad you had a nice visit with your mother. You sure have made some goodie for everyone. Linda you absolutely have a kind heart. Please have a safe trip with your siblings. Enjoy the wedding. Blessings to all, xoox love you, Susie

Arlene G said...

Safe travels!!

Chatty Crone said...

Those cakes look fabulous and I made a copy of the recipe. Thanks.

Have a wonderful trip.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Enjoy your sibling trip to the wedding! Fun stuff! We make that pumpkin crunch and its addicting! I could eat the whole thing!

You're thoughtful to visit your mother before you go. You and your siblings are loving on her, even when she's hard to love. You are giving her the gift of grace. Its an example to us all.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes, it ssounds like Louis Dean is due a good treat of his own after your trip. Hope you have safe travels and enjoy the time with family.

Changes in the wind said...

I saved your cake recipe as it sounds wonderful. Safe and Happy travels...

Carole said...

it made me so happy just looking at that sunflower tray. Have a great time. Cheers