Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Mellow Monday and Tuesday's Treasure Trove!

We are enjoying being home again after our three week vacation!
I am back to sleeping in, staying in bed with my first cup of coffee, reading and using my prayer journal as I say my morning prayers and simply slowing my life down a bit.

I didn't leave the bedroom until after noon Monday.
Louis Dean and I spent some time together reading and  watching a little news.
I rustled up lunch by using up all of our leftovers.
It was an easy day.
I felt like it was just wrong to take a nap a few short hours after I got up, and since it was such a lovely day, I decided to take a walk!


They say exercise will wake up up and give you more energy!
That's not always true!
The roads in our neighborhood form a snake. No just walking around the block around here!
I walk down the driveway and onto the sidewalk going east and in 1.7 miles I am back in front of my house! I walked halfway to the cul de sac and stopped to rest.
I was wearing my grungy clothes and a hat and was sitting on the curb in the shade when I had the irresistible urge to lie back on the grass....and so I did!
That's when I took the one and only picture of the day!
I limped my way back home and promptly guzzled 16 oz of water before going to bed for a 2 hour nap! It was delicious sleep. That deep down sound sleep. I didn't want to get up but I knew I should.
I started to swim up towards consciousness - and then decided to sink back down into that wonderful sleep for just a few more minutes.
It was the best sleep!

Once up, I started my day's work.
A bit of cleaning and a bit of yard work and then I began sewing a baby quilt for Nita's very first great grandbaby!

Today started up every bit as mellow as yesterday.
I just love days like this!

Summer is staying with us until Friday when Rayne and Sabrina fly in from Puerto Rico.
She is getting a lot of rest, some good sleep and no stress.
I love having a child sleep under my roof again!


It was about 2:30 when we went out to do errands and hunt up a few treasures.
We ate a late lunch at Adobe Puerto Rico Cafe.


Man, it sure was good!!!
Then we went to my two favorite thrift stores - both right there together on Beltline - as is the Cafe!


It was a real treasure trove!


Summer spied this unique lamp and knew it would be perfect for the gazebo!


It's already out there!


Quartz coasters, a couple of books, and I love the sunflower plate!


These two plaques will hang in the guest room.
I still have two walls to paint in there and then I will rehang all the things I intend to keep.
Right now it's still a Hodge podge of stuff on the wall.


I will use this really nice storage box for some of my Christmas decorations.


The welcome sign is one of the most favorite things I found today.


As is this wreath which came in a really good fabric storage container!


I hung this sign up on the mirror in the guest room.


My find of the day!!!
$11 for this super sturdy and totally classy chair!
My other one was wobbly and is already outside ready to go to the curb!

We ran a few more errands and then I shopped Aldi.
I am trying to use up what we have in the way of food - our freezer and pantry are rather full.


Still, you have to buy fresh vegetables and fruits and dairy......
and a few other things!
I bought the bottle of wine just for the bottle!
They had me with the title.....
Sweet Bloody Red Wine!
Perfect for October!
Pumpkin Chipotle sauce!
Fall Party Cakes......for a Fall Tea Party I am planning with the quads on Saturday evening.
I will be making a High Tea of it so it will stand in for supper!

It's a little after 11:30 and Summer and Louis Dean are already in bed.
LD has been cleaning out the storage building in the back yard. The one I use for my fall and seasonal decorations other than Christmas. Christmas has its own little house.
He's my hero!
I have no idea what all that pile of rusty 'debris' is in there but he's clearing it out so I have some extra room to store the Christmas trees. Those and Fall things live downstairs in that part of the storage building and the other seasons live in the upstairs attic.

I'm going to stay up another hour or so and work on the denim baby quilt.
This is my quiet time.
We all need some - whether it's early in the day or late at night.
I am blessed to have both.



18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your table in the gazebo is perfect! Wit the new lamp a wonderful focal point! I love the wreath, too, and the chair! I guess it is true that exercise gives us good deep sleep. I declare, if we were rich I would fly to Irving just to go to the Goodwills there! And to see you, of course...

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

A wonderful sleep is to be treasured Linda. A lovely and peaceful two days of being home after you three week holiday.
Hugs.
Joy

Bluebird49 said...

You got great treasures, as usual! I love decorations box and the Happy Harvest pumpkin, and those fuzzy slippers! And all the other things---especially the chair!

Glad you are getting some restful sleep!
xoxos, Trudy

Kathy said...

I took a great nap yesterday too. There is nothing like a good sleep to make you feel better. I love all your treasures. We don't have things like that in our thrift stores. I especially like the pumpkin welcome sign. Have a good day today.

Anonymous said...

You always find the best treasures and your home is amazing, quiet time sometimes refresh us as much as sleep lol,, we all need that!

Vee said...

That little tree lamp is so cute. Seems as if you are playing a “life” Racko™️ game. Selecting the better or best and releasing what isn’t working for you anymore. That sleep? You must have needed it. Have another happy day!

mxtodis123 said...

What goodies you have found! I wasn't around much while you were on vacation, but I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful time. Rest, relax, and recuperate. Our journeys do take a lot out of us.

Phoebes World said...

After all that travel its perfectly acceptable to be tired. Relax and enjoy your much needed naps

I just love your wonderful finds. The lamp is perfect and looks lovely amongst your other decor. You really did drop lucky at the thrift stores,

Take it easty and have a wonderful day

Phoebe x

Susie said...

Linda, I know the quads are going to love the high tea. They are going to want to hug everyone also. Glad you guys are all getting the rest you need. You did pick up some cute treasure while out.I have not been walking out here, too much traffic.I miss walking in town. Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your nap sounds divine!

That lamp you found is sweet and just right for your gazebo. And your chair! What a great find!

You are living YOUR best life, my friend!

Arlene G said...

It is always good to be home after traveling. It takes you really appreciate your cozy home. I am using today to do some finishing on my cross stitch. I love having an uniterrupted day!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

After all the busy days of traveling, you really needed that extra sleep. October always seems to be a mellow time for me in between summer and winter. My storage shed is full of seasonal decorations too and I'm thankful to have it as there is not much room to store anything in the house. I actually slept in this morning but for me it was 8 o'clock, I had a busy Monday so apparently needed the extra rest. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Nonnie said...

I am so impressed and jealous of your great ability to sleep and rest and yet accomplish so much! Maybe that is your secret? Sleeping in for me is 6:00 am and a couple of days until 6:40 which only happened because I was awake a couple of hours during the night. I'm glad you are safely home and getting back into the routine.

MadSnapper said...

so glad you are home and back in your normal groove, cleaning, walking and shopping and loving your friends and daughter... welcome home. hope you did not have to many problems with the water. I have not seen a post in a week so the story might be out here

Judy said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only night owl and sleeper in-er. LOL
I love to wake up early--like 6:00, go potty and then crawl back into bed for another couple of hours. That seems to be the best sleep to me.

Chatty Crone said...

I wish we had Goodwill's like that out here - the ones around me aren't that great.

Boy your nap sounded delightful.

Glad you are home.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You sure had some great thrift store finds, Linda. And sleeping in and taking afternoon naps, just because, is great now that you are back home and not rushing about sightsseing. We did not travel in an RV on our cross country trip, but used our own car and stayed in hotels along the way. That was mighty generous of you to let us know that you have RV hook-ups in your driveway when we take out southern road trip. Our destination is FL to visit family, so we won’t be near TX on this trip, but when and if we do we would enjoy meeting you and Louis Dean

Carole said...

$11 for a good chair! Wow what a bargain. Glad you are back to relaxation. Travel is fabulous but it is tiring. Cheers