Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tuesday Treasures!

I unloaded a trunk full of 'stuff' at the Goodwill this afternoon and came home with a few treasures.


The Christmas Tree on the left has a strand of those battery operated fairy lights on it.
And I could not bring myself to pass up the Merry Christmas! 
The two fall wreathes are already hung and they look so nice!


This Christmas teapot is a Harry and David.....


A set of four Halloween salad plates and they all have different designs.


I did not buy these but I hope someone does!
My big toes don't bend due to metal implants so there was no way I could get these on my feet!
Even if I could - I wouldn't be able to stand up in them much less walk!

What I did buy but didn't get a pic of was a pair of Nike Air size 13 shoes!
They are white and are brand new! 
The design is all of one piece and the fabric is very different from Louis Dean's other Nike's.
I checked online this evening and they retail for $170!!!
I bought them for $13!
The reason I don't have a photo is because they are already in Louis Dean's suitcase!
Yes, we have both of our suitcases packed and ready to go!
Mine is right at 50 pounds! His is less.

This afternoon I had my hair cut and Yulisa worked her magic once again!


This will be an easy hairdo for our vacation!

Louis Dean and I accomplished a good bit today.
I went to the bank and then the Dollar store to pick up the odd thing or two I needed.
Like hairspray in a smaller can.

Once home, I did laundry and filled the bird feeders and then we packed.


I still have our meds to pack and that's a job.
I store all of it in a small child's suitcase that rolls and I keep it in the closet after I divide all the pills up into their little boxes by the week.
However, for the flight, they tell me we have to have the medicine in the original containers.
Louis Dean takes several prescription medicines as do I.
No way we can take all the vitamins and other things I normally put in our pill boxes.
I will be taking a new bottle of nitroglycerin tablets with us since Louis Dean is a heart patient.
We will be gone 3 weeks so that's a lot of medicine to take along!
Sorting it out was on my kitchen planner to do today.....
but the nagging headache I've had most of the day has become worse as the day wore on so I am going to do this chore tomorrow!
I think a nice long hot shower will loosen up my neck muscles and ease my headache so I can go to sleep tonight. That's my plan, anyway!

**source**

This is a picture of the Ruby Princess.
We set sail from Seattle on Saturday afternoon at 4:00!


I wonder if I am so excited that I'm giving myself a headache??
It's possible!



14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, your ship is very impressive. Your shoe deal must be the best you have ever gotten! What a mess with the pills! I parcel mine out four days at a time. Your hair is adorable, and makes you look even younger than you already do!

Vee said...

Slow down on purpose whenever things get too exciting just as you’re doing. I think putting off the meds packing is a good idea and putting it in your carry on luggage a very good idea. Oh it is getting close now! Three weeks you say? That means that by the end of the month you’ll be right back home again, but oh the fun you will have had. I think anticipation is part of the fun. 😉

mxtodis123 said...

Wow, you found some great goodies. I love seeing what others find. I especially love those Halloween salad plates. I would definitely be using them. Love your haircut. I'm with you. I like those easy do's. Mine is badly in need of a cut. What an awesome ship. You are going to have a great vacation. A much needed getaway.

Kathy said...

Your trip is coming up quickly. I know you are so excited. I would be too. Just take things easy and they will get done. I don't know what I would do without my lists. I would probably forget everything. What good buys you got today. $13 for Nikes? Great!

Susie said...

Linda, I was always told that if you fly your meds should be in your carry on. So if your luggage gets lost you still have your meds with you. Better to wear dirty clothes a day or too than lose your meds. I am excited for you. I love the little plates and I know who else is going to love them, the quads. I wish I could get busy here and haul a truck load of "stuff" to goodwill. Great hair cut. I need me a stylist. Blessings, love you, xoxo, Susie

Arlene G said...

Looking forward to traveling via armchair with y’all to Alaska!!!

MadSnapper said...

I had not even thought about having to take that many meds with you or the fact about flying with them. wow, that is mind blowing. I was please to hear you dumped a trunk load before you brought home the new. I was envisioning your house filled to the roof top.... have a wonderful time on that great big ship

Chatty Crone said...

HAPPY CRUISE! Hope your headache got better.
Yes packing is a problem with medicine. I know that.
Well you got rid of a lot of things and brought more in.
Funny.
Size 13 shoes - NO WAY!
Love, sandie

Bluebird49 said...

I get nagging and unbearable headaches, so I am sorry you had one. They suck the life right out of you.I
I commented on your haul on FB, and you are the queen of bargains.
The only time I've been away from home for 3 weeks was in the hospital two or three different times! I can't help but feel a bit scared of going that far away from home, having to make sure about our medicines and how to pack. My husband will not consider flying, so that kind of keeps us grounded!😢
So, I sure hope you'll be able to share you vacation with us!!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a deal on those shoes for LD!

Have a ton of fun on your trip! What a delightful time you’re going to have!

Carole said...

I'm excited for you too. When I travel I have a tendency to over pack - normally I end up having to leave about half of it behind ... but which half... Cheers

BeachGypsy said...

Linda I love all your new treasures, especially the little teapot, so cute! Your new haircut looks great and it will be easy to care for. Your long awaited trip is ALMOST HERE!! Very excited for you! Hope that darn headache went away and you were able to get to packing. I think y'all are going to have an amazing journey and I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. I got a good giggle out of which of those pictures on my post you said you liked, ha ha LOL I just like to have fun with my camera!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's Thursday morning here and I'm just now catching up on your Tuesday. Had a few days off line due to traveling for a funeral for a beloved uncle. Believe it or not I did have time to visit a Goodwill store with my sister as we had a couple of hours to waste while waiting for time to go so my sister walked over to one that was very close to our hotel. We both found a few treasure. I hope you are feeling better and are ready for that cruise. I'm very excited for you !

Sue said...

Enjoy your vacation, Linda, your treasures are wonderful too!
Blessings,
Sue