Monday, September 17, 2018

From Hillsboro to Seaside - Our Sunday in Oregon!

It was another beautiful day in Oregon!
We slept well in our super comfy room Saturday night -
and our hotel was just 5 miles from my friend.


May I introduce you to Linda?
Our first time to see each other in person but we know each other very well!


Would you look at her 'back yard???'


This is the view from her patio!


Linda's a gifted knitter!
This entire basket is filled with her hand knitted socks!
My friend, Candie, would LOVE Linda!!

Linda's son, Roger, joined us and we piled into her mini van and drove to a restaurant that is housed in an old Masonic Lodge building.


The grounds were all beautifully landscaped.


Gorgeous sunflowers.....


Everywhere we looked - more beautiful flowers!






I do have a long time love affair with sunflowers.




These are unique!


Let me tell you - we had such a great Sunday afternoon!!!


I had a cocktail called Lavender Fizz and it was SO good!!


Everything was good and I ate all of my food and part of Linda's and Roger's!!
Travel is good for the appetite!
I hope my clothes still fit when we get home at the end of the month!


Next up - a wine tasting!


It was a lot of fun and our friendly server demonstrated how you can fill one glass with an entire bottle of wine! 
Louis Dean and I bought had a flight of wines and when she only charged us for one.
She said, "I want to do this because I can."
I think it may have been that Louis Dean was so charming!
He is back in his element.

You know what we did next??


Drove just a little ways to a sake tasting!!


Who knew I liked sake??
Only Roger and I did this tasting.
I bought two bottles of sake to take home.
One bottle is for Dean (my stepson) and one bottle of Plum Sake to take to the ranch.
It was a fascinating and delicious experience.

All too soon, it was time to get back in the car and head toward the coast.


We drove a couple of hours on the Sunset Highway to Seaside, OR.


This is Damon, the assistant manager who welcomed us warmly.
We were the last guests to check in Sunday night and he was waiting for us.

The Sandy Cove Inn is located on Avenue U and is a unique Boutique Motel.
Family owned, it has been around a long long time!


Damon gave us what he calls 'my favorite room.' 
Each room is decorated in a different theme.
Ours was Vintage Movie Theater!
That's a hand painted mural behind me.


As is this one behind Louis Dean.
I love the vintage theater seats!


This lighted sign is on the wall by the bed.


And Rear Window was our evening's entertainment!


We went to dinner before settling in for the night.
Louis Dean was hungry for Mexican food.
Mazatlan is the oldest Mexican food restaurant in Seaside.


Would you believe Louis Dean ate every bite??


So did I!!!

It is now Monday morning.
We are sitting up in bed having coffee before we load up and head to our next destination!!









































16 comments:

Kathy said...

Another wonderful post! I am so enjoying traveling with you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is all just PERFECT! So cool that you found this one of a kind and unusual inn. The fluffy sunflower - I have never seen one like it!! So awesome!

Vee said...

Hmmm...where could that next destination be? How fun that you have met another friend and that you have discovered the new along with the familiar. Keep having fun!

jujupage1 said...

Linda's back garden looks amazing!

Rain said...

Hi Linda :)) What a nice visit with your friend Linda! :) Those sunflowers are just gorgeous, I have a love affair with them too. :) The food looks great! And wine tasting! YUM!!! :))) Wine is my favourite of all beverages I must say. :) I don't know if I like sake, but I'm willing to try! The plum sake sounds nice. Oh I LOVE that room!!! How fun! Rear Window is one of my favourite Hitchcock's...I have ALL of his films! Fun fun fun! So glad to catch up with you again Linda! :)

Arlene G said...

Loving riding along in the back seat Linda.lol You all must come to Georgia to see LD's Cherokee heritage one day. I did find out the name of my Chapman Ancestor, John Martin Chapman. He was not as sweet as Louis Dean.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

You trip home is wonderful Linda - I am so happy you and LD are meeting people and eating great food and seeing sunflowers that are unique and there is more to come. Hugs.
Joy

Susie said...

Linda, You and LD are having he time of your lives. I love the things you will be seeing. Please be safe on the roads. So fun for you to be meeting your blog family. :) Such a sweet room at the hotel. Blessings to everyone, xoxo,love you, Susie

Anonymous said...

What an amazing time you’re having and you’re so kind to bring us all along too!,,

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Linda, as you know, we also were recently in Oregon and visited friends there in Springfield, near Eugene, OR. We also went to a couple of wineries, but not a sake tasting. The accommodations looked lovely, especially the old-time movie decor. Thanks for the tour around. I've enjoyed traveling along.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a great trip you’re enjoying!

Carole said...

Your friend Linda looks really tall... or are you by any chance a little vertically challenged? I'm only 5 foot 4 1/2 so I sympathise.
It's great that you are having a lovely road trip as well. Cheers

Chatty Crone said...

What a fabulous trip so far. How tall are you vs. Linda? She looked tall. I would have done the wine tasting with you!

Saimi said...

I'm loving this trip of yours!!

MadSnapper said...

todays post should be titled Linda's Amazing Orgon Adventure. wow on every thing here today, photos and stories OH MY...sunflower heaven and what day you had with friends..

Judy said...

I love that you find friends in every port!