Monday, September 10, 2018

Skagway, Alaska! Cruise Day #3

We were up and ready for our day in Juneau, Alaska this morning.
Layers of clothing, caps, hats, gloves, jackets, cameras - we were ready!
Then - as we were having breakfast together in the Horizon Court - we heard the speakers come on and, "This is your captain speaking from the navigational bridge......"
He went on to say things about Skagway and we thought he was just on the wrong page.
No, there was a problem getting into the berth at Juneau so we were going on to Skagway today.


We regrouped and went from Plan A to Plan B!
Louis Dean went back to our stateroom and I did a walk about with Brenda and Billy.
It was chilly but not storming or anything so I have no idea what weather conditions prevented us from going in to Juneau but I know nothing about the sea and ships!


We three spend the rest of the morning walking around the ship.


Then around noon I went back and got Louis Dean and we met Brend and Billy in the Explorers Lounge where we played Music Trivia from the 50's to the 90's.


 It was a lot of fun and before you knew it - we had docked at Skagway!


This was our first time to get off the ship since we got on Saturday morning!


It's a really big ship!!


Skagway had lots of beautiful views!


Not sure what this fruit is but it looks interesting!


Warmish today - certainly not cold and we were all overdressed!



This is where we went to get a drink and a snack!


Pretty interesting place!


Talk about unique wall borders!


It was Brenda's Happy Birthday!!


A fun afternoon!


Costumed waitresses!


Louis Dean makes friends every where he goes!


So does Billy!


Back to the ship!



Our first 'excursion.'
The one we had planned could not be rescheduled so we got our money back.


Happy Birthday to Brenda!!


We made it back to our 5:30 dinner.


Louis Dean knows the way to our stateroom because of the art gallery!
That works!!!

I'm trying to get this posted before I lose my Internet.
I'm using my hot spot right now. 
We sail at 9:30 and hopefull will get to visit Juneau tomorrow and go on our whale watching tour.

No matter what changes happen - I am still having a good time.
Louis Dean has been a challenge but I knew he would be.
I am loving every minute. I still can't believe I am in Alaska!!!

Will post again when I can!!
Love you all and thank you for wishing us well on this trip!!

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! the ship is so large, and everything is so blue and beautiful! The sky, the sea, the beautiful plants. Fun both on and off board! I hope Louis Dean is alright! Hurricane Florence is coming, and our state may be in for catastrophic conditions, they have already started evacuating. So if you don't hear from me for awhile, you will know we may be in a shelter or have no power. I hope to continue sailing with you!

Kathy said...

I am enjoying cruising vicariously through you. Alaska looks so beautiful. Have a wonderful time!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Bluebird49 said...

I'm cruising along from my chair with youall, and loving the photos! ;)

Vee said...

Oh it is a lot of fun to go sailing with you folks. What beautiful scenery and a totally amazing ship. Sorry that you had to go to Plan B, but thank the Lord for a Plan B. Sometimes it is the best thing going. Happy sailing! Happy Birthday to Brenda🎈

Susie said...

Linda, LD wants to cook, fix something, and play some music. I know he loves history too, so I bet he learns things about Alaska in the shore trips. I saw a train behind him.:):) Give him a big hug from all of us. Love the blue skies you had. We saw some sun around sunset last night , our first in days. Blessings to all, love, xoxo, Susie

MadSnapper said...

now I am wondering what kind of weather changed your course, but I can see you are having as much fun in Skagway as you would in the other place

mxtodis123 said...

So beautiful, and I am so glad you are having fun. You deserve it.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a wonderful picture of you on the ship with a view of Alaska. It has to be thrilling to make such a trip. Have fun ! Relax and enjoy!

Arlene G said...

You tell LD to BEHAVE...we all have our eyes on him.lol You are always so positive Linda. I need a dose of that medicine.

Changes in the wind said...

Alaska is such a beautiful place that you will love it where ever you go.

Jill said...

Oh how exciting!! I'd love to see Alaska one day! Enjoy :-)

Blessings,
Jill

Nonnie said...

Love all your pictures. Isn't the water there so gorgeous? Really, everything is. Keep having fun!

Chatty Crone said...

What is the temperature there? Wish I was there! lol

Cheapchick said...

That fruit is a rose hip, an actual rose grows there afterwards! They get really big in BC and Alaska. I am not sure why all roses don't grow the fruit but we have a lot of them here. Enjoy your cruise!

Carole said...

Looks like lots of fun. Keep it up - maybe get LD a few extra drinks so he can relax a bit??? Cheers

RobinS57 said...

Yes they are rose hips, but they are what is left AFTER the flower. My yard is full of them in the Fall! Enjoy your Alaska days!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks Linda for sharing your cruise. I am having as much fun reading about your adventures at sea as you did when we were on land driving cross country. Happy birthday to your cruise buddy and sure that Louis Dean is having some good times too.

Pondside said...

It sounds like you are having the MOST fun!! Now I'd really like to get on a ship to Alaska!