Sunday, February 23, 2014

Snippets of Sunday

This morning Louis Dean and I went to church - Fellowship Church in Grapevine - after watching 'Winning Walk' on TV. We have the best of both worlds and each Sunday we hear Ed Young, Sr and then Ed Young, Jr! We enjoy going to the 11:30 service since we are NOT 'Morning People' but even we can get to church on time when it's this late!


I dropped Louis Dean off at home before picking Amber up in Dallas.
We both love movies and that's what we did today!
Three Days to Kill with Kevin Costner.


From there we stopped by Tom Thumb for a few groceries.........I scored BIG TIME with the reduced fruitcake mix! I have enough for cookies all year long now!


We each managed to fill as small cart!


Amber looked like a teenager to me today!!

By the time I took her home the babies were all up from their naps!
We had so much fun with them! Poor Granddad missed out today!!!



Kailey walking in her mother's footsteps!


Little Miss Logan went on a cleaning streak!!!
She wiped down just about EVERYTHING in the kitchen!!!
She even asked for a fresh baby wipe from time to time!!


After wiping down all the bars on the baby gate she proceeded to clean the chalkboard!


They were ADORABLE!!!


I have a brand new package of washcloths for them when we go over on Wednesday.
Folding washcloths was the very first 'chore' all four of my children learned!


I think they are ahead in the cleaning game!!

It's been a wonderful Sunday!
However - whatever the wind has blown in has had me sneezing like crazy and I am off to take some Benadryl and put Vick's on my chest!
Ahhhhhhh......CHOOOOOOO!!!

10 comments:

Amber said...

The braid probably made me look like a kid today :)

All that cleaning Logan did cracked me up! And made me hopeful for help in the future!!

Bev said...

Oh Linda...what a great day you had!!...those babies I have said it before ...but I'll say it again...they are adorable!! Hope you are feeling ok!!

Wanda said...

Amber is beautiful, and those little cleaning muffins...how adorable. And Grandma..you a beauty too.

Would love to have your fruitcake cookie recipe.

What a delightful Sunday. Sending smiles and hugs.

Kathy said...

Those kids are just too cute! When Logan has the cleaning thing down, send her over to my house, please.

Hope it is just allergies and you are not getting sick again. Praying you feel better in the morning.

MadSnapper said...

with the four of them, if she teaches them all to clean and to fold, think how much they can do... so cute cleaning... my oldest son loved to polish the furniture.... but he grew out of it. LOL
ah choo is me... the pines are dropping sheets of yellow pollen in the pool and everywhere... and the oaks are putting out to... ah choo

Susie said...

Linda, I think your Amber is an organized person, she'll have those babies helping her....many hands make light work :):) I think children should have small chores. They very young right now, but it's promising, isn't it? Bless their little hearts. I know you'll have fun time with your daughter. xoxo,Susie

Carole said...

Linda, so glad you are back to your normal self - take care of yourself and LD, please. Cheers

Vee said...

Hope that you had a chance to lie low today after all the excitement! Love that the quads are so active and busy and that they enjoy cleaning.

chris said...

those babies are just precious! you sure are a lucky grandmother!

Gypsy Heart said...

Glad you had such a great day! Today's a bit different, huh? :)

If the kids learn to clean that will be awesome!
xo
Pat