Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Art.....of a Sort!

Today was not a 'normal' Tuesday.
 No movie. No Goodwill. No art class.
It seems I keep to the regular Tuesday Routine best Fall through Spring.
 The summer schedule is up for grabs!

I am feeling so much better today! Amazing what a good night's sleep will do for you.
We went to bed at 10:00. I read. I played my Scrabble and Words With Friends. I relaxed. I went to sleep!
I went IN the bedroom at 10:00 PM and opened the door coming out at 10:00 AM!
I need to do that more often!

This makes the second day I have not left the house!
No make up and merely brushed my hair back.
I wore grundgy clothes yesterday and even grundgier ones today!
I LOVE it!!!


Since I didn't set out my art table and paint on a canvas - I thought I would do up a few projects I had put on the back burner. I got out there on the side deck by the kitchen as soon as our 'Morning Routine' coffee, reading, stupor was over. There is shade there until 1:30 - 2:00 in the afternoon. Then it turns deadly with the western sun burning full force until it sets.


We ate a healthy salad lunch about 2:00 when we came in - each from our separate endeavors.
The den A/C blasts out REALLY cold air so we ate in there and watched Covert Affairs.
I hope it doesn't get so complicated we can't follow the story line.


One thing about that western sun - it DRIES things FAST!


My bread box is in and storing BREAD of all things!!
NOT what I took OUT of it! Candy and salt and pepper shakers and STUFF!


I think all my former dark wood things have now been painted!


I also painted BELOW the cabinets today. There's a thin strip of veneer that looked worse for the wear. 
Since I had the paint out - that's now a done deal.
We are getting new kitchen counters and a new sink just as soon as we get the time to shop and select what we want. Also a new kitchen floor. This kitchen was done in 1983 after my house burned. I think it's time for a little update!


My hedgehog with a new coat of paint.


I painted in a few details. He 'lives' out by the kitchen deck pond.


What with the royal couple bringing their baby home today I was reminded of the needlework I stitched when my youngest two were born.


I repainted the pink frames and now will find a place to hang them.


My outside kitchen wall.
The shadow boxes hold stones and bark and whatever the grands and I will find in nature walks.


These benches are so durable - and very OLD. The backs fold down to make a table.
The wood slats have been replaced only ONCE and my son, Jesse, helped do that many years ago!


I baked a cake for the VBS workers! It is ready to slice.
Dinner is done and waiting for Louis Dean to come in.
Salmon croquettes, green peas and corn on the cob.
One more healthy meal!


He is finishing up with HIS project. The gravel is unloaded and he's out there washing his truck out.
We will have dinner and a TV program, baths and bed. Per chance we will work in a glass of wine on the driveway admiring the moon. We are both looking forward to tomorrow. We will be spending the day with the Quads! We have to get AWAY from here to REST!! What better way to do that than playing with four babies??? Pretty soon I need to change that to Toddlers! Because that's what they ARE!!
I'm just not quite ready yet!





8 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Those shadow boxes sure turned out nice - great idea for storing finds. I have old glass vases that hold our sea glass, rocks and shells in one place. Cheers!

Kathy said...

Days at home are great. I wish I had more of them. You are always up to something. I like all the painting you've done. Have fun with the quads tomorrow.

Deb said...

you got a lot accomplished today...love your projects...wow sleeping 10 til 10 that would be awesome...

Linda said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better. That salad sounds great.

Vee said...

You are one productive gal! Everything you accomplished looks great. I smiled when you said that you were storing bread in the breadbox. I've never stored any bread in mine. Another similarity...I baked a pumpkin spice cake in a bundt pan except my cake made a crash landing on the rack and broke apart so yours definitely looks great. Have fun with those grands!

Susie said...

Linda, I absolutely love the things you painted. I am going to tell my daughter...her breadbox looks pretty old and needs a facelift. Even when you aren't working you work LOL. Glad you rested. xoxo,Susie

Judy said...

You are always busy making things beautiful over in your corner! It all looks good...including the cake for the VBS workers.

Carla said...

mmm salmon croquettes. My mom used to make those and cream peas once a week. I'm with Susie...even when you're not working you work.

Hugs