Friday, February 25, 2011

Wine Bottle Lights

I am loving these Wine Bottle Lights!
We are celebrating our daughter in law's birthday tonight and I decided to make one as a gift!


Every one I make turns out a little bit different.

This particular bottle actually held one of my favorite wines.
L'Epayrie
It is from France....and has been unavailable in the United States for the last few years.
I don't know why...but I am sure there must be a reason.
I was thrilled when I saw a bottle in the wine department of Tom Thumb recently.
We have been known to buy and drink a bottle of wine simply because we liked the label and wanted to make a wine light from it!

For this gift I used a 20 count strand of lights threaded down the open top.


I thought making a 'still life' in a basket would be pretty so I stopped by Hobby Lobby and picked up some  fake cheese and bread and a fresh cluster of grapes.


Arranged in a flat basket with a little crinkled filler....
I think it makes a nice little gift!
I do so hope she likes it!
One COULD add REAL bread and cheese and a larger basket with some additional fruit!
That would be even nicer! Especially if you add a FULL bottle of the wine to go with it!
Perhaps a couple of beautiful wine glasses as well?
The possibilities are endless!
A unique one of a kind gift without breaking the bank!








8 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the little vignette you have made with the cheese and bread and grapes! It looks very real! Love the light!

XO,
Jane

Carla said...

I love the basket arrangement you made. When you come down you'll have to help me make one with more of a Texas Theme to go with my wine bottle light that you made me.

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! What an awesome idea!

Deb said...

have a great celebration...I have a couple of bottles I want to do that with....

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I've seen Faerie-Lights-in-a-bottle, but they look kind of bare, alone. But when you "doll the bottle up," it makes all the difference. Thank you!

Now, I see Faerie-Lights outside the bottle too. Are they on your mantle, perhaps?

Ohhhhhhhh I do lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve Faerie-Lights! :-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oooops, forgot to wish your Daughter-in-law a Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Dear One, in a comment on my entry [with more snow pics] you said you can't wait to see my place, IN COLOR. :-)

So I looked back and got a click-able link to an old post of mine. With some color, from my husband's beautiful flowers, which he grows, in nice weather. :-)

Laura Rhodes said...

Looks great! I'd love to see more of what you've done with other bottles! Blessings, Laura
Come visit me at my blog sometime!
http://rhodescreations.blogspot.com