Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Tuesday's Treasures!

 I'll start tonight's journal entry with last night's late supper!


Summer felt better by then and we enjoyed a nice evening.


Trystan gave me the recipe for crispy tostados with taco meat, refried beans, cheese, sour cream and avocados. SO good!!

Tuesday! TUESDAY!!
I do love a good Tuesday!

The weather was mild and Louis Dean brought me coffee in bed while I listened to the doves cooing outside our bedroom door.

I lingered long in my bed after my prayer and quiet time holding court and making phone calls and sending text messages and emails.
I made an appointment with a dermatologist to do a full body skin exam - first available was in July with the PA - otherwise it would be October with the doctor.

I inherited moles from my granny who had them all over her body!
Louis Dean worries about them so when Pam (Reaoma's daughter) told me last summer that she had been screened for cancer - as she does every year - I decided to do that, too. I should have made an appointment right then apparently! All my medical appointments happen in the spring and early summer. June 1st is my yearly physical and May 9th is the day I will see both my urologist and my eye doctor where I will get two new pair of glasses.
Summer called our roofer for me and he will get back with me on Thursday for a price work up.

I finally got out of bed and made us a big breakfast of biscuits, bacon, fried potatoes and scrambled eggs before we headed out to the nail salon.


Summer and I look like we're at a party - Louis Dean not so much - even though it was originally his idea!


He had a headache and was quiet but by the time he was done - he had perked up considerably!


Summer took this picture as I totally relaxed.
Too bad I had to heavily edit the photo!!!
Suffice it to say that when I FEEL good - I do not necessarily LOOK good!


You can see how much better Louis Dean felt after his pedicure!


Magic happened at Hollywood Nails today!

Summer and Louis Dean went off to check out her storage unit as she is moving lock stock and barrel to Arkansas. Tomorrow she will rent a trailer and they will empty out her unit and she's off to El Dorado.

While they did that, I took advantage of a couple of free hours for 'ME' time.


Since this was Tuesday - of course I hit up Texas Thrift and Goodwill!

It is amazing how God gives us the desires of our hearts and on any given day, he has strewn little joys and surprises for us to find along our way.


Just as I show you here in this pic of my Tuesday Treasures.....we are still putting our gazebo back together and I needed a 'new' lamp to replace an old one.
It's just like God to show me TWO!
The larger one is heavy and perfect for the table between Louis Dean's chair and my glider in the gazebo. The black one had a price tag of $89 from Hobby Lobby. I got it for $8 and updated my coffee cart in the kitchen with it!

I always search the book section and as I walked over to this area - I thought 'I'd really like to find an earlier book by Sue Grafton.' I've read several of her books but I have missed a few of her earlier ones.
No sooner had I thought my thought - I looked straight at 'G is for Gumshoe.'
God is in all the things....little and big.

The other day I wore a pair of jeans that fit in the morning - but by afternoon, they are loose and I have to keep pulling them up.
I tried using a belt - but I have 'outgrown' them.
Today God blessed me with a versatile belt that can be cream or black - and fits perfectly! 

Whenever I find a BEE thing - I thank God for leading us into beekeeping!


2018 was when our beekeeping adventure started.
Louis Dean was attacked by hostile bees in the work shop right next to the camper.
Funny fact is - they are still there today!


Louis Dean is such a good sport about everything!

Tonight we all had a good meal together.....
Summer, Louis Dean and I.

Who knows what is ahead for any of us?
More and more I feel the need and the urgency to LIVE!
Each and every day.....LIVE!
I suppose Nita's death has affected me in so many ways.
Nita lived her life to the fullest.
Nita would be quick to tell you she never wanted to retire.
She lived a wonderful life and showered her love on all of us - her children, husband, blood family, extended family and work family.

I want to live Life the way Nita did.....
living, loving and praying for friends and family.
I want to take care of loved ones as Nita would do.

Nita's Mike will be going home on Friday.
He had a tough day today and I'm praying he will do better at home.


I really have no words to express my heart tonight as I think of Nita and pray for Mike....


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet soul and inspiration. I look forward to reading your blog. May you be blessesd today, and every day.

Donna said...

Oh Linda, I'm sorry about Mike...Hoping and praying he'll soon turn a corner and feel better.
That's a nasty sting! How awful!
Love the photos at the salon...I just told my hubby, Larry, that that settles it! We are going to go get pedicures together! If LD likes it, it must be fine for men to go, as well! lol He didn't say a word! lolol
hugs
Donna

Far Ago Farm said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog - of course I remember you! I still read your blog, but I'm the worst at commenting. I always enjoy reading what's going on. You have such a knack for telling your story. You are right about the importance of living each day! Sending prayers for Mike.

MadSnapper said...

you do not need to try to live your life, you live your life more and better than any other blogger or person I know. you live for your family and friends every bit as good as Nita did. owie on the eye, even though it was years ago.. summer looks great and I wish her much happiness in AR...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We have so many blessings and happiness but life is still filled with sad times and worries. It's good that we can trust in God and keep on going. Have a beautiful day! I'm wishing Summer well in her move to El Dorado. Remember....that's where I was born! Hugs to you all!

Anne B. said...

Hi Linda!
I don't know if I have ever commented here but I read your blog faithfully and always leave smiling and full of hope! I have the address for Mike at rehab but I am wondering if you would be willing to give his address at home so we can continue to send him messages of encouragement. Blessing to you and your precious family!

Susie said...

Linda, Please tell Mike he is in our prayers. Oh sweet Summer girl, her smile is a ray of light. I loved all the pics of her and LD. You look so cute on LD lap. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I like to think we keep our loved onewsw close in our hearts where they remain aways close by. You do seem to live your life fully! When we do our best every day it shows !

Anonymous said...

What a great post, sweetie!I know you miss sweet Nita!

Tell Trystan that I am going to try her recipe.

I am glad LD will eat and cook different things!

It is NOT a favor to not teach kids to be able to look after themselves as they get older. Cooking, laundering, cleaning their rooms are something they can even enjoy if they are taught well, and loved and complimented as they learn. It doesn't have to be the drudgery it is made to be. I'm sure the quads help!
.
Louis Dean and you were so blessed to find each other. You work together so well, you both look very happy and make a good couple!! Hearing the compliments you shower on him make him smile so big, and grow even a bit taller, I believe! (As if he's not already tall enough!) We all need love and appreciation from the people we love, and we need to give it freely, too.

Have a good rest of the week and weekend, ya'll. Ranch is coming up soon, isn't it?
I surely could use a mani-pedi myself!😘
I'm adding Mike to my prayers, by the way. Poor fella, I know he is missing Nita, too.❤

photowannabe said...

(((HUGS)))
Love you and your huge tender heart , Linda.
You are blessed.
Your statement at the end stopped me cold.
Who knows what is ahead for any of us?
More and more I feel the need and the urgency to LIVE!
Each and every day...LIVE!
I could have written that too.
My and Dave's aging and slowing down makes me realize that if we don't LIVE now...when are we going to do it???
Thanks for spurring me on.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

First, why and when is Summer moving?? How do you know ahead of time that you will need new glasses lenses? It is so hard to get dermatology appointments and eye ones here as well. You have to wait forever!

Wanda said...

Linda, sweet Linda. You are many gifts, but as I read the comments above you are such an encourager! You reach out to so many people with your love and caring, and your way with words.
I took a long break to refresh my mind and body and now I'm back to blogging and enjoying reading all your posts.
I thought of you when a friend gave me a jar of honey for my birthday coming up. It's raw pomagrante honey. I'm going to post a picture of it soon.
I love the picture of you all at the Salon to get mannies and peddies!!
Sending love and hugs and prayers. Come by and see me...I'm back!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It was fun to see the photos of the three of you getting pedicures together, Linda. Sending good wishes to Summer on her move and settling in her new state of Arkansas. Like a previous blogger who commented, I also wondered why she selected this state and what she will be doing there. I know you will miss seeing her, but expect you and Louis Dean will be visiting as Arkansas and Texas are neighbors!

MCS, TX said...

Hi Linda,
I am watching a weather show on you-tube, and they are saying there is Severe weather in Mart. Grapefruit sized hail, possibility of tornados, etc. I know you and L.D.go somewhere close to Mart when you go down to Dean and Sherry's ranch. Have you heard of any damage there.
Praying God protects all in path of storm.

Granny Marigold said...

You are such an amazing cook and I can't figure out how you stay slender with the wonderful meals you make. If you have any tips please share them.

Your sister Nita sounds like the kind of woman that is an inspiration to everyone who knew her ( or even heard of her here on your blog>)

You sure found great thrifty buys!! I wonder if Sue Grafton ever made it all the way through the alphabet with her mystery series.

Anonymous said...

I love what you said, “God is in all the things…big and little.” That’s so true!!

Prayers for Mike and for Summer’s big move!